Speedibeet.....

Discussion in 'Feeding Horses' started by Talkingshell, Jan 29, 2010.

1. JustJam

JustJam Well-known Member

So, does that mean that a horse could be given alfalfa sprouts as a treat? Like from those plastic packets in the supermarket that you use in salads?

Always looking for new treats... besides muesli bars and Maltesers! lol ;)

2. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

i cant see why not, dad used to grow his own small patch of lucerne so the horses would be given handfulls from us kids and kids being kids it would of had roots n all and various sizes in growth... LOL

3. JustJam

JustJam Well-known Member

ok, thanks dirtbug :) **)

Sorry about the thread hijacking lol :))

4. corporate pride

corporate pride Well-known Member

my new horse is skinny, i tried to feed him copra and he won't go near it, i even forced some in his mouth to try it to c if he'll go "oh that's yummy" nope didn't work! hahahaha he gave me the "what the hell is that!" look :)
    so moonlight gave me some speedibeet to feed and he loves it! i also feed a bag of lucrene hay while tacking and then with his feed while working ozzie :) that's if ozzie hasn't scoffed it all in the mean time :)
    and i feed full fat soy

5. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Well my two have been on fibre-beet for about two weeks now but I did miss giving it to them twice as it was too late to soak it and I am really seeing results and they are wolfing it down although they are also getting a large bale of hay between them as well.