Specky pics of naughty ponies

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by Marz, May 25, 2011.

1. Marz

Marz Well-known Member

As you can see, I'm not blaming his behaviour completely on his personality (he is a big sook who doesn't like anything unusual- hence the nervous nelly)- I was attributing it to the fact HE IS COMING OFF OF A SPELL AND IS HOT. I understand this, THAT'S WHY I'M NOT PUTTING HIM IN A WORSE SITUATION AND RIDING HIM- I'M NOT FREAKING STUPID.

and they do have tantrums for they're own reasons- they're like big kids or little adults- they have dummy spits because they woke up on the wrong side of the stable, had an argument with a stable mate, a bird looked at them the wrong way- what ever, saying they don't is like saying they don't have a personality.

and so what if we have a laugh along the way or in reflection- is that kinda what riding is about- being able to look at past mistakes or situations and go "OMG I/it was an idiot, oh well, let's try again with something different"??? If we're not allowed to laugh at ourselves or our friends, where's the fun in life?

stop taking this so seriously- chulll munnnnn

2. Marz

Marz Well-known Member

And I don't know if anyone saw yesterday my post about an array of my friends dying- specifically one of my childhood best friends who died yesterday morning in a car accident- my point was;

don't pick small, petty arguments that, in the end, mean nothing. If you're actually going to try and teach someone something, or listen to their story, go right ahead. but otherwise, it really isn't worth it.

Make use of the time, and friends, you have

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  3. GeeJay

GeeJay Guest

An old saying Kids, Dogs and Horses, don't stress, if a child has a tantrum it is Expressing its self, often could do with a good clout.
    If a horse has a Tantrum its in terrible pain, so it keeps having a tantrum and hopefully spends the rest of its days getting a massage and happily grazing in the paddock instead of a good clout.
    If a dog digs a hole its a shit of a thing, instead of us understanding its bored and is sick of been locked in a yard and its lead is making a home for a spider or 2.
    Seriously now in the perfect world*#)

4. mylittlepony

mylittlepony Well-known Member

Is it even possible at all these days to have a thread that doesn't end up with bitching?
    Not all horses play up because of pain or confusion. Some horses are plain nasty, and some horses act up just because they dont want to do something. Not all horses are the same, some horses just have that kind of personality where asking them to do ANYTHING can result in them bucking/rearing etc.
    Yes, there is a lot of stuff caused by pain, confusion or rider error, but NOT ALL of it is caused by that.

5. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Cmon guys. Their just pictures. Very hard to diagnose a horse through photo's like this. This is a tongue in cheek thread to share your spectacular photo's. I'm sure the posters know that if there are any on going issues to have it seen to.

Let the thread continue.

6. princeton

princeton Well-known Member

I dont think there is bitching going on in this thread, its just some peoples perception of the issues are different. And some people have a greater appreciation of why these things are happening due to their past experiences. And I guess this makes them seem like they are missing the 'fun' of the frisky pony moment...with which Im sure this thread was intended...

For example the above statement.....some would argue that with appropriate skills matched to those issues, they would be resolved.
    There are certainly more and less dominant horses in the world and well....the ones that are more dominant are more inclined to push the boundaries I guess...unless they are matched with skills that can redirect and clarify the boundaries very quickly they do end up looking like right nasty pasties! ;)

The point that is being discussed I guess...is that there is generally a reason behind the behaviour.

I learnt the hard way with some OTTB's that were WAY out of my skill zone...most important thing I learnt was - dont buy another one LOL

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  7. Sorrel

Sorrel Well-known Member

I admire you can admit that as so many people can't, they are not always easy to ride **)

8. smash

smash Well-known Member

voice of reason :)*
    you say things soooo much better than i do :)*:)*

but in the end, everyone has stated in their responses that HORSES BEHAVE BADLY FOR A REASON !!! sooo we all agree lol
    cheers

9. princeton

Not that they didnt turn out lovely and quiet and beautiful to ride....but man it takes soooo long LOL :p

I just couldnt be bothered with it now hahahah

10. princeton

Yes Smash.....I believe you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.....:p*#)

I also remember only too well the ways in which I went about things with the above mentioned OTTBs when I was 14-17 years of age....God I learnt a LOT!

I think as a whole the equine community has come a LONG way in recognising and addressing issues. Back in my day (and Im not even that old!!!) we really didnt address saddle fitting, bowen (what the heck was that?) feed wasnt analysed the way it is now.....etc etc etc.

11. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Well.. I was going to put pics up of Bess having ''naughty'' moments, but I don't really feel like getting lynched :p *#)

12. CMBR

CMBR Well-known Member

jack as a foal
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jacks are only in the paddock, as he only gets broken in tomorrow, and hopefully i wont have any ridden ones too add

he saw a white sign and had a freak out. then happily went past.
    [​IMG]

No grilling please :D

13. Marz

Marz Well-known Member

do it
    you are invincible

14. farfromhome

farfromhome Well-known Member

bahahha i love that one of Mac stopping dead !!

15. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Ok *gets into shark cage*

This is Bess' 'naughty' moments :p Rather lame in comparison to the bucking/rearing ones everyone has

Bess says.. no freaking way (yes yes, I know, reins are too long, need to sit back, she only stopped because *I* stopped riding her blah blah)
    [​IMG]

Bess just casually chilling after she ditched me xc because omg the piece of black dirt was sooooo scary *#)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bess not liking the idea of doing a water drop (and yes, only because she could feel I was nervous)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and this one.. not so much a naughty pic because it was MY fault I fell into a big puddle of mud, but cracks me up anyway.. Bess looks so innocent
    [​IMG]

So once again, so I don't get mobbed.. I *know* rider error caused all our naughty moments.

16. GeeJay

GeeJay Guest

I was going to say go on be a devil LOL but you have been a devil **)
    I wish I had photos of my Sam the more I laughed the less he bucked, the good old days LOL
    :))

17. Anna E

Anna E Guest

Yep we all agree horses misbehave for a reason... But sometimes that reason is plain old "whee hee I feel good"...
    No photos, but Joe had the clearest deomnstration EVER of a tantrum yesterday.. Pete and the 2 girls got ahead of us and Joe wanted to jog to catch up... no way was he going to be allowed to jog: he would get to TROT to catch up WHEN he walked nicely first... He knows this rule very clearly, and has never been allowed to jog,but yesterday - nope, no way! We went backwards, sideways, we stood on the spot and dug a hole (so I literally had a temper tantrum, complete with foot stamping LOL!), and we bounced up and down on the spot pigrooting! Finally he heaved a big sigh and started walking. I didn't at any stage change what I was doing: loose rein, walk on, back up three steps if you start to jog, immediately back to loose rein, walk on... rinse, lather, repeat. I didn't have to explain this to him in a different way, or check for sudden onset back pain/teeth/saddle fit... I just had to sit out the tantrum. Same way I do with my kids. IMHO, the cause for that misbehaviour was temper, plain and simple. And I needed to ride him through that, NOT assume that the issue was due to pain or misunderstanig/confusion.

18. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Know that feeling Annae :p
    Bess fave trick to do is paw!!! Drives me insane.
    At shows when you make her halt, she just starts digging.
    Beats her old trick of running backwards.

I think it's just her being impatient! She is content just going round and round in circles.

19. Cassie 76

Cassie 76 Active Member

hahahahahaha....... love it!!!!:)*

20. Natsky

Natsky Well-known Member

Loved all these pics but boy did they freak me out! I had a mare that used to rear years ago and it used to scare the life out of me.We did manage to get her out of it though.

Give me a quiet horse anyday, I am way too lod to be falling off!!!!!