So?. what is wrong with this yearling? it SHOULD be obvious to all?...

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by manocaaron, Dec 4, 2014.

1. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Yes you used names of horses. You publically ridiculed them because YOU believe they do not represent good examples of the breed. YOU judged them to have conformation issues.
    You publically ridiculed Judges, who by all accounts could be identified with the information you posted.

These postings are YOUR opinion ONLY. However, because you have so much hatred for me and other QH breeders you seem to believe that your opinion is actual fact. I agreed that the original picture, although doctored, did show some undesireable characterists. How much simplier can that be for you OM?

YOU however want to kitchen-sink ALL halter horses and maintain they all have bad conformation? How idiotic is that! *#)

And you come to this conclusion by some pictures you found while net surfing? OM, I can assure you the QH world is very large, varied, international and spreads further than your computer room.
    Your replies only serve to show everyone that you have NEVER been outside to shows, here or overseas.
    So AGAIN, your "opinion" is made using no experience and no education.
    Tell me why your opinions are valid again?

I don't get my knickers in knots. I don't need to. I'm living what I discuss, I'm using real life experiences to form my opinions, I'm breeding horses, competing horses and mixing with people who have generations of expertise in the industry. And you are still using a couple of unvalidated pics from your computer?

I'll make it even easier for you OM..AGAIN..:rolleyes:....the doctored pic put up by the OP does show what could be seen to be, undesirable rear leg characteristics.

Now seeing as it has been stated the pic is as old as Methusula and is photoshopped/fraudulent/doctored, who is the one with knotted knickers?

You are in effect categorising ALL Quarter Horses using a fake picture?
    Gee that's true to form isn't it!

Then you find a few more pics and use your vast amount of experience and QH knowledge to judge whether they are good examples of the breed? I'm going to use this term.........WTF? :eek:

You have NEVER used personal experience and knowledge to form your "opinions".
    Therefore they are nothing more than views based on hot air. And they get the right amount of debugging. Heaven forbid that someone reads your tripe and thinks it could be even half true! That is why it is so important to keep threads going and correct misinformation.

Buy a horse, breed a horse, visit a competion or show, mix with some fantastic horsemen and women, travel, learn and listen. Once you have this life and all its experiences then what you let roll from your fingers might be half believeable.

FYI: The AmQHA is continuing to work with their accredited judges and test their skills at training days and seminars. This testing then certifies them to judge at AQHA sanctioned shows. Some will have certification to judge at local level only, some state, and some at international level. This testing is reviewed regularily.
    Breeders are being encouraged to breed horses that fit with the ethos of the association. The assocation cannot mandate against stupidity or unethical practises. It can only guide and implement its own policies to encourage good breeding standards. Then it flows on to participants and what they do with it is anybodies guess. My hope is that the majority continue to do the right thing with and for their horses.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  2. old_mate

old_mate Well-known Member

Lol I gave a list of examples to back up my statement, examples that had won in classes with the seal of approval from your association.

3. EVP

EVP Gold Member

What statement is that OM? You gave a few examples and then set about saying that all halter QH's have bad conformation.

Nothing to crow about there. Especially when any pics could be chopped and shopped :lol::lol:

You call that backing up your opinion. You need to get out more and get a real horse life. :}

So we might be able to "judge" your judging prowess, could we see some examples of the horses that you bred? Or competed on/showed?

After all, you are telling us that you think ALL halter horses have bad conformation - how about telling us how you came to that conclusion and what did you use as a personal measuring stick?

How many times do you need to read that the association has been implementing strategies to address inconsistent judging and the flow on effect into breeding? And that they are all over it like a rash. And that changes are made and will continue to be.

I'll try again:........nah bugger it, it's like a sensible Mexican talking to the goat. All you get is unintelligable blurpings and spit in the face.

You win OM. I can't converse sensibly with goats.

4. old_mate

Cropped and shopped FROM A STUDS OWN WEB SIGHT?
    Or from official photos of halter winners from the AQHA own page?
    I was very careful of the images sources so that unless the stud owners are shopping their own stock to look bad these pictures should be the horses in the best possible light.
    If the breeders are happy to produce horses of this kind and get to win AQHA titles and money then clearly the back end conformation IS not too much of a problem for them in this class.
    The yearling at the start of the thread ( shopped or not ) was clearly bred to meet the current demands of the halter show ring.
    Whole rings of halter horse yearlings can be viewed on youtube taking part in AQHA shows most of them showing the same conformation.

5. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Yep one would hope that a breeder would breed a foal to meet current demands. Perfectly acceptable and admirable practise that.

However, I'm confused - if it was "shopped" which means ALTERED digitally......how could someone have bred that?

Plot lost.

Most of them showing the same conformation? But not all hey OM.
    Thank you. My point exactly. You finally got it. Here's hoping all the initiatives undertaken by the AQHA pay off and move down the line to breeders and their expectations at show time.

FINALLY! Amen and Hallelujah

6. old_mate

You are a bit of a nut job EVP.
    There had been no understanding reached I said the same thing at the start as I did at the end.
    Read what ever you want in to that.
    I have learnt a lot about the history of halter line breeding also how f@&$& people can make a nice breed of horse in a very short time.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  7. Lol:) I have learnt that it is much easier to destoy and stuff up than create and improve:) what's new?:D
    If someone is so concerned about the breed being ruined, why don't they do something constructive about it?
    Talking on forums doesn't cut it :)JMO.
    :)*

8. EVP

EVP Gold Member

The 'understanding' was that you finally got what I had typed over and over and over again.

I'm thrilled you learnt alot about halter horse breeding. While there is a lot of interesting things to read on the net, nothing replaces hands on experience or the knowledge learnt from seeing things up close. Even more invaluable is being around those who have been doing it for a long time.

I agree. People who are prepared to put in the time, effort and money can achieve great things with their horses. If they have a clear goal and breed direction they can service the market well and get a return on their investment. They might even be able to do what they love, call it a business, and make real money out of it!

9. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Haven't been on the site for awhile, but it's late, and I do love reading about breeding :D

I cringed when I saw the photo on the OP. Not because of the photo itself, but thinking...Here we go again :dry: Same photo, done to death. For what?

Read the first half dozens replies, and then skipped to here to go yep, that was predictable :rolleyes:

10. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Totally agree. Same old uneducated idiotic comments, and round and round the mulberry bush trying to introduce some facts.
    But thats what happens when you get people expressing their personal opinions based on nothing but their personal experience which totals ziltch. :lol: It's just noise coming out, just like the goat video.

11. old_mate

EVP you were the one producing ridiculous moronic statements with no factual back up.
    Now you are back to gloating as if you proved something.
    All you proved is that you are a crazy old bat who can't read.

12. EVP

EVP Gold Member

OM I didnt have to prove anything. I merely corrected your assumptions that the majority (if not all) halter bred QH had bad conformation. I also posted the fact that the governing body is well aware of judging inconsistency and has implemented strategies to counter those things.
    Of course you wouldnt know any of that because you are neither an association member or someone who knows anything about the breed. Nor do you have any affection for it.

The ridiculous thing is you continue to comment and post on things you know absolutely nothing about. :lol: You have never owned or bred a QH, never shown or competed any horse, yet you spring up with these absurd sweeping statements, label them opinion and then believe it!

For some stupid reason you seem to think that I actually give two hoots about your nonsensical blurtings. While you rely on horsey dreams I am living a horsey life. Surrounded by beautifully bred creatures on lush pastures, raising foals, competing and selling and learning a great deal while doing it.

Halter breeding and showing doesnt really interest me, and the sins of irresponsible breeders past and present, while a concern, doesnt make me lose sleep either. Though it seems you do. Seeing as its a festive time of year I suggest you try thinking more of pretty carosel ponies and less of scary-legged halter horses. :eek:

If you have such strong views on QH breeding why not become a member of both associations? It will cost you money for the priviledge however then you can table your concerns and ask for a written response. Im sure they'd find your opinions very...:eek:...ah maybe not.

Come to think of it I can gloat. Ive got some amazing horses in my backyard, do you?

13. old_mate

Has anyone seen the Mayfair Park breeders web page?
    There is a lovely photo of a horse that looks just like the one at the start of the thread.
    The very BEST news is that semen from this breeding stallion is available for sale now in Australia.
    ( hoping someone will tell me the Mayfair Park Stud site has been made as a joke site )
    Now I can breed my very own post legged train wreak ( shudder ) and win prizes in the show ring.

14. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

That piqued my interest to have a look lol

well OUCH. What on earth is this horse going to do? You cant ride it. I doubt they intend to put it in harness. What kind of a job will it have? Surely no one truly breeds a horse just to look at?

There is enough information out there to wonder why they think this horse is a good idea.

oh. and Poor Horse.
    :(

15. old_mate

Nanny the breeder in the US has a statement on her site that none of her halter horses are broken in at the stud and that she has been breeding halter horses for 40 years.
    She has also been winning for a long time, last title was 2014.
    I wonder if it will take 40 years for the judges to pick horses with more correct conformation in the halter ring ?

16. The stud is in SA:)
    There is a guest book page there, old mate:)I am wondering if you left a comment with your opinion, lol:)

17. old_mate

The breeder of the imported horse, not the SA stud.
    Why bother, they will breed and the things will no doubt sell.';'

18. At least the horses they've bred are fed and looked after. It is not the worst thing that could happen to them:( sad but true. It gives me a consolation.
    There are hundreds of thousands of starved, neglected horses around, why not worry about those?

19. fuddles

fuddles Well-known Member

was that really a horse on their front page.

you don't have to know too much about confrontation to know that is just soso l can't say it.

If brumbies came in that shape well they would only be fit for the killers pen

20. old_mate

If the halter breeders are breeding for kill weight they are indeed improving the breed.
    I still would love to have a halter breeders POV as to what they are trying to do and why? They are not breeding riding horses.