Silvers (Taffies!)

Discussion in 'Colour Questions' started by Kintara, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Kintara

Kintara Well-known Member

I just thought I'd post some pics of my taffies after the silver discussion!

This is Maverick, he has just been clipped so his choc coat is just coming through. He is still with his breeder, probably won't be home with me for a few months yet. He's nearly 8 months old now.

[​IMG]

A taffy pinto shetland filly

[​IMG]

And my homozygous taffy colt, looking very fluffy here as it was last winter!

[​IMG]

Cheers

Danni

2. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

oh my gosh... I just love Maverick **) what breed is your colt in the last pic??

3. Kintara

Chief is a shetland, he's got a bit of filling out to do yet. He's about 9.2hh.

I love Mav too **)

Cheers!

Danni

4. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

lovely horses...

what breed is Mav?

5. Kintara

Mav is a Gypsy Cob. Bit weird him not being black and white!!
    Cheers

Danni

6. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Nice taffies.
    Wow the shetty looks more taller Mini Horse than shetty, lol.

I have had 2 taffies, 1 black silver colt out of my black tobiano mare (i swear she's homozygous black) & a brown silver colt/gelding.

7. Kintara

Yeh, Chief does have a bit of that look! I don't think he'd do too well in shetland shows! I have quite a few good heavy mares though with a lot of imported blood so I might see what he throws with one or two of them.

Here he is looking a bit more shetland like when I was mucking around with him.

[​IMG]

Your taffies were mini's? I have a couple of mini shetlands coming over next week which I'm quite excited about!
    Cheers

Danni