silver buckle western show. whos going?

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by trippa, Jun 23, 2008.

1. scotchmel

scotchmel New Member

View attachment 3380

Hope this helps in what a hunter horse looks like (i.e what gear we wear at the shows!)

(hope the photo works)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  2. trippa

trippa Well-known Member

ahah thanks mel, i totaly agree, i am interested in competeting for fun and i dont think i would stand a chance at other shows.lol so hows your horses and competing going?

3. Moondust

Moondust Well-known Member

Well i hope they dont mind me doing my showhunter in western saddle!
    Maybe i should give that class a miss and just do the western stuff...
    There will be me doing my 'stops' and 'spins' hehe!!! Ive been learning western this week and getting the hang of it! I wanna round up some cattle!!! haha.

Oh and my horse is a VERY fury fat bay teddy bear! Me as the rider will be a showjumper attempting to be a cowgirl and looking a bit clueless as in what to do in western! So come say hi if you see me!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  4. Neighlands

Neighlands Well-known Member

When and where please ? Looked on Calendar but couldn't see it.

5. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

29th june at whiteman park equestrian centre. in the appaloosa arena.

moondust: nobody cared at them all pretty much doing the english class in western saddles. no spins or stops though haha lucky for me as id ridden in a western saddle maybe 3 times on my mare and 1 time on a pony in tasmania. so definatly wasnt fully prepared

6. trippa

trippa Well-known Member

I did all the events in a english saddle laast time, nobody cares its just a fun say, great encouragment

7. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

The horse doesnt have to be registered for the halter classes, do they?

8. chick_with_a_chainsaw

nope not at all my little mare wasnt registered

9. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

Pending good weather, Reilly should be having his first show. See if we cant make total idiots of ourselves:p .

10. trippa

trippa Well-known Member

i recon this show is going to be a bigger turn out than the last and that was big.lol

11. chick_with_a_chainsaw

only tthe begginer ring was HUGE in the may one

12. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

Crikeys, I went sometime ago to fence sit, get an idea of what goes on, and there would have been about 6 horses in the halter classes, and a few more in the ridden classes. Just a better opportunity to embarass ourselves totally :D

13. chick_with_a_chainsaw

there were about 20 in both in hand classes and about 20 in 2 begginers classes

14. Moondust

Is the beginner class the walk n trot one?
    I wanna do the canter... thats novice right?
    I heard that in the novice class you get lots of professionals?

15. chick_with_a_chainsaw

no we had 3. there was me who had ridden in a western saddle 3 times and a young horse and a lady whose horse had more practice but still not overlly profesional

16. mav

mav Well-known Member

ren - the idea of this show is for inexperienced riders/horses can get out there and have fun. its not there for the pro's so theres no need to worry bout that. its also not strict on what saddle/bridle/clothhes that you wear although like all shows there is the 'appropriate' gear...

hope this helps and cant wait too see everyone out there!! look for the scared poopless girl on the possibly naughty 2yr old and thats me! :D

17. Shabelle

Shabelle Active Member

I will be there - horseless thou.:(

I did a back injury last week and still can't get back in the saddle yet.

I was so looking forward to competing again as it was a lot of fun, its a great group of people and everyone is supportive and I got to meet a few stockies!!

It's a real stress free day, think of it as a training day for your horse. Have a go at everything I tried the trail for the first time and my boy went over the bridge and I was so thrilled. :)

18. trippa

trippa Well-known Member

ok horse is all plaited up, well half plaited.lol, half washed, too cold, and put to bed, not its time to oil bridals.lol

19. Imperial

Imperial Well-known Member

hi Ren. nope no pros at these sb shows. the big pros ride for points. and i dont think that this show even classes as a "B" show.

20. Moondust

hmmmm ok well i hope its beginner coz when it comes to western thats me!!! Ridden in western saddle about 5 times now. hehe.I was just told from someone that went once before that the novice class had professionals in it. Oh well i really dont care about my competition... im there to try and look like a cowgirl!!! yeehaa! hehe
    My horse is all washed and rugged.

If you see a VERY FAT... VERY FURY bay quarterhorse with a nice thick tail... and the rider attemping to look cowgirl... come say hi!!! I need explaining on what im meant to do! hehe.