silver buckle western show. whos going?

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by trippa, Jun 23, 2008.

1. trippa

trippa Well-known Member

I am going again to this one. I unfortunatly wont have my western saddle(still paying it off):( but i will have it soon**) . Il have my western bridal but.lol, ill look a bit funny with a english saddle and western bridal but who care's it was so much fun last time. i hope to see some more of you stockies there.

2. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

i wanted to go until i found out i have an english show that day as well. so im hoping theres still another one in the series so i can do that one. also dont have a western saddle atm as last time i used bucking mads and now i have one on order

3. trippa

trippa Well-known Member

ahah same i ordered a wintec western at bates. and i really nice saddke blanket which i cant wait to get. i think there is 2 more shows left.:D

4. chick_with_a_chainsaw

well i will definatly look out for them and should have my saddle by then. ive ordered a kincade western saddle for my girl cause its the lightest i could get and a lovely stocky sold me 3 lovely saddle mats as well. they are all at horsemens right?

5. trippa

trippa Well-known Member

i think so, best bet is to ask some1 to do with the appy association. im pretty sure they are. Yeh i went for the wintec because a wide wont fit, and alot of the other saddles only came in wide and it was really confy.lol(dont ask y i chose i really expensive one its taken me ages to pay off and im still going.lol) im trying to find a top to match the saddle blanket but i cant find any that are black and red, so if any1 is selling one about size 14 or 16? lol

6. chick_with_a_chainsaw

maybe look at imperial wear she might have have something that will do. kmart has some long sleeved tops that look nice and smart i have a black one which i plan to use next time

7. trippa

trippa Well-known Member

yeh i might do that, or wear a really nice cheaked shirt i bought at jay jays on that weekend.lol, ill pm imperial. thanks

8. chick_with_a_chainsaw

your welcome hope you find something before sunday

9. Imperial

Imperial Well-known Member

hehe thanks for the pulg:p

also there are 4 shows in the series each year.

10. paintedhoney

paintedhoney Well-known Member

good luck girls!!! i wont be able to make this one, will be in queensland but will be at the rest.

trippa have a great time you did so well at the last one and so glad you got yourself a saddle, saw your boy the other day when i was out there, he is such a dag!!

have fun all:)*

11. trippa

trippa Well-known Member

Shame you cant be there painted honey but we shall see you at the next few.By then i will be in full western gear.ahah thanks for your encouraging words about trip and I, they make me feel special:D trippa is a tag, he has character, ill give him that.

12. paintedhoney

i think you are going to go far, you should come to the lopin along clinics you learn heaps are they are pretty cheap, the next one is the 6th of july we are doing Hunter Under Saddle, Halter and Trail with the fantanstic trainers Brian and Rae Cramp. you should come if you can

pm me if you want more details:)*

13. Moondust

Moondust Well-known Member

This might come as a suprise to everyone... but yup im turning cowgirl!!! and going to the silver buckle.
    So im learning western style this week!
    yeeehaaaa!!! **) howdy partner!!!!
    do i sound cowgirl yet? hehe

14. paintedhoney

oh dear girl please!!! yay for coming to the dark side goodluck!!! you will have a ball

15. trippa

trippa Well-known Member

haha thanks painted hunny.its a pitty that only the other shows are qh only, but im fine with the sbs everyone is nice there.lol i was gonna come but i left it to late and i couldnt get in. i am definatly going to the next one.

16. Moondust

Moondust Well-known Member

Can i please ask everyone a question... its a western show.... so why is there english hunter hacking stuff there??? I just dont understand? Do western horses know english showhunter hacking aswell?

17. paintedhoney

hey i am pretty sure for ridden events at the b shows you can be any breed. will check though, but im sure that ridden is not a "breed" thing i cant show in halter either because honey is a paintbred which is like appendix registered not recognised for her breeding only...very unfair

18. scotchmel

scotchmel New Member

Hey Chris its Mel, you can go to the open shows on your boy, they dont need to be reg QH to do the ridden, but i think you would be better off going to the clinics and the smaller shows before attempting the BIG ones!!!!**)

19. mav

mav Well-known Member

i think its got something to do with versatility? i'll be there doing the walk trot 'english' classes on mav..... first ridden show and in a dressage saddle to boot!!! *#)

20. chick_with_a_chainsaw

i asked this and aparently its to show the versatility of the horse and theres some sort of conction between having those classes. most of the western riders compete in their western saddles in those classes