Showing Grievances

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by wattle6180, May 15, 2009.

1. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Ummm it's not like I am coming over to picket your front garden?? This is MY grievance *turns nose up*

2. MPKG

MPKG Active Member

I'm glad your not a judge because YOUR "grievance" is nothing short of rediculous :confused:

3. tilda

tilda Well-known Member

in hacking-i hate people that talk in the lineup aghhhhh! drives me crazy
    also dont like people who use equipment that they dont know how to use e.g. double bridles/spurs/harsh bits then the poor horse has to endure yank,spur,yank *cringes thinking about it*

4. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

I have PM'd you MKPG. The topic is Showing Grievances, not Personal Grievances.

5. Remaani

Remaani Guest

This thread IMO is to "air" what annoys us in regards to showing/other horse disciplines WITHOUT getting personal, or belittling others.
    I'm sure we all can say what we don't like/hate without people making comments like yours.

Oh & MPKG, i know of a horse that currently competes Official (& has done for quite sometime) & wins/places WITH hairy ears. Ok the long bits are trimmed off, but the ears aren't "boned" out. ;) And rightly so, as the horse is prepped from the paddock & nope... this horse is not laughed out of the ring. ;)

6. Lexie

Lexie Well-known Member

woopsies!
    thats my habbit - especially when im nervous!
    I hate dogs at shows.
    and i hate it when judges dont even look at you cause "it not their type"

7. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

another thing well 2 things actually.... 1st blocking other horses/ponies so the judge cant see them and talking to the judge whilst others are doing their workouts makes me sick#(

8. RPS

RPS Well-known Member

If a horse is not that judges type be it in hack or breed, learn from it and don't put yourself under that judge again. That's what hacking is all about#(

9. Salinero

Salinero Well-known Member

marshalls squeezing their kids or their clubs children infront of the list... when there is a list...

10. GiGi

GiGi Guest

From a volunteer marshall (without kids), my pet hate is impolite/ ungrateful riders. Whilst gate marshalling recently at a show, for 5 hours, I counted 6 people who said "Thankyou", when I let them in/out of the SJ ring.
    That "holier than thou" behaviour really gets my goat..................

11. GiGi

GiGi Guest

...............I'm on a roll now.
    Also recently marshalling at a SJ show, calling riders (in list order), and they ignore you !!! Then they get peeved when you send someone else in who's been waiting patiently.................

12. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

yippppeeee..... i love that so many things i do are considered someone elses grievance..... but im not gonna stop doing it....lol

dying...... boned ears..... false stars..... lots of bling.....clipping......

13. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

Yes but we all know that you're a born trouble maker **) :p

14. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

It really irks me that people still take hay to shows and never clean the mess they leave behind or the pile of poop near the float or fill in the holes that their horses dug in the grounds that someone is trying to maintain.

15. Lexie

Lexie Well-known Member

Im not particulary talking about hacking,
    like say for example best 3 year old at the show, they dont even look at your horses confo and just look at the breeds they like. lol sorry....cant help my self *#)

16. Salinero

Salinero Well-known Member

Yeah it prob swings both ways.. lol I have had on two occations sat close to the gate knowing my turn is coming up (been among the last ones and had to wait a long time), having kids squeezing past and let through... guess I was too kind not to say anything. :p

17. Jadelise

Jadelise Well-known Member

PSO if your talking about the dressage time at the trilogy this arvo i completely agree..

Big #( too that..

18. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

PMSL....I am sure there might be some truth here :p

19. RPS

RPS Well-known Member

doesn't quite make sense:confused:, in a breed class the same breed is judged against:confused:

Do you want to elaborate?

20. Que Sera Sera

Que Sera Sera Well-known Member

Not at a dilutes show. 3yo pally QH is judged against a 3 yo pally RP.

When it came to judging the 1yos yesterday I know Kimaley had lots of trouble deciding. She spent at least 10 minutes walking up and down after the runnouts and detailed examinations.

I hope to god I dont ever get experienced enough to judge. Its hard work LOL

Last edited: May 17, 2009