Showing Grievances

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by wattle6180, May 15, 2009.

1. RPS

RPS Well-known Member

[QUOTE
    Lack of service to judges (drinks), lack of shade for helpers[/QUOTE]

and DOGS LEAVE THEM AT HOME

2. deschuur

deschuur Gold Member

I am another one that does not like the Bling, actually not keen on the ribbon browbands either lol. I like a nice plain snaffle bridle:D

Kids riding in double bridles - should be a law that kids under 15 should only ride in snaffle bridles. Inexperienced adults in double bridles also annoys me!

Excessive use of make up on greys.

Kids riding in spurs (think that is unnecessary).

Excessive use of crops - I was horrified at the behaviour of youngsters towards their horses at a games day.

Yanking horses mouth by a rider. Feel like marching over and pulling rider out of saddle and sticking a bit in their mouth for horse to yank*#)

Common Courtesy - seems a lack of that in general, towards judges, stewards, organisers and other riders.

Hahahhaaha no wonder I don't show horses that often:eek:*#)

3. SandownLodgeJelks

SandownLodgeJelks Well-known Member

i love bling :) and i love pink :)
    i dont really have any real hates besides;
    - people riding in doubles and dont know how to use them
    - kids with whips and spurs belting there ponies
    - angry parents on the side lines!!!!
    - people who are only in it to win and crack the sh*ts at there horses when they dont!
    - people who dont pass left to left!!!!!
    - also people who ride infront on the jump when you are approaching a warm up jump.

4. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

not so much for hacking, but things like hunter trials/showjumping etc - kids who ride round and round and round at a hand gallop for 30mins+ before their round. no purpose to it, no direction, it's not 'warming up' it's just HOONING. IMO the marshall/another responsible adult needs to say *STOP!*

5. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

political results .......
    thats my gripe and unnecessary whipping of horses and kick kick kick
    i could say more but i aint gonna get the thread locked

6. Midas

Midas Well-known Member

I agree!!

I think a lot of people lack the common courtesy to congratulate others!! :(

7. Ren

Ren Well-known Member

people who dont get placed and then take it out on a horse ie yanking the reins and yelling at it :(
    inconsiderate people

8. crave

crave Well-known Member

All the "experts" on the sidelines passing some horrible comments when they havent been in a saddle EVER or for a decade or more. Also the lask of respect for marshalls, helpers etc. I compete but also help when I can , you are treated very differently being both sides of the fence.On a roll now....also the terrible complaints when things arent running on time or have gone wrong at an event, just a real headache for all organisers concerned and I know has stopped some events ever being held again.

9. Mocha

Mocha Well-known Member

People who jump the warm up jump the wrong way, as I'm about to jump it!

10. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

Children/teenagers who are yelling at their poor parents who are probably unhorsey and just as stressed out
    And other way around..

11. Nanna

Nanna Well-known Member

................. Rubbish ......................

12. Eoroe

Eoroe Gold Member

Lungeing your horse in the middle of the warmup arena...... Lunge it at the side -away from everyone else - then get on the thing if you want it near others.

I actually think their should be a rule against lungeing in warmup arena's.
    Their is a larger element of risk when lungeing. Especially when you are talking to your friends, trying to see how your class is doing, and when you are passing the lunge line over your head to watch the class.

Lungeing in the Warm up arena is selfish, and dangerous.

A horse out of control dragging a lungeline behind it is appalingly dangerous - no-one cannot keep up with, or hold a horse that is bolting on a lungeline.

A horse shying infront of a rider when on a luge line is also terribly dangerous - you can 'clothesline' a rider.....and lets think about it - they are actually using up at least 10 other riders space.
    Not to mention the room outside the circle that people have to give you for their safety.

If event organisers allow it - they should have a seperate lugeing area.

And people who lay down on the ground at horse events - well their are things called Darwin Awards for them.
    If you do it IN a warn up arena, or marshaling, or even arena side - you should be dragged out of their by your ankles.....cowboy style......

okay - In done....lol! **)

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  13. JAFEICA

JAFEICA Active Member

14. pso

pso Gold Member

PMSL!
    I have to say I have never seen someone lie down in a warm up area!! (except for the unexpected dismounts)

And ditto with the lunging....At dressage shows there is meant to be a seperate arena for lunging...most clubs cant afford the luxury tho :p

15. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

I have never understood the need for incessant hours of lunging anyhow?

The ones I see cant lunge for sh*t with the horse hooning about just making the person look like an idiot.

I also hate seeing obese and unfit horses. We are so quick to point out an underweight one but just laugh off the fatties.

16. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

I think these all refer to all equeatrian disciplines. I hear what your saying re: lunging Nannygoat...

I think there is a huge lack of education and understanding of the horse in general, then people take them out and about and we see all these pet hates.

i hate seeing clipped and dyed horses and bad and overdone make-up.

17. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

Yep agree to most of these....

I also hate excessive swishing of a whip usually a dressage one to get the horses ears forward in a inhand class especially when we have to turn side on to the judge and some idiot is whamming your horse on the a*se ...kids are particularly good at doing this

18. Dapples

Dapples New Member

FLOAT PARKING - When you purposely park your car & float leaving enough room to tie your horse to the float, leaving to go compete, and then to get back to your float to find that you can no longer tie your horse up because someone has pulled up with their car & float so close that you can't even open your car door:mad: EVEN when they can see your horse's halter and lead rope tied to your float!! People need to leave at least 3 horse lengths between floats, just incase the horse next door isn't too friendly!!
    SMOKING - All sporting events should be "Smoke Free", including Equestrian. Or at least leave the grounds to have a coffin nail or cancer stick, my horse appreciates clean air to breathe too! and so do all the small kiddies.
    WARM UP ARENA RULES- riders need to know these before they enter a warm up arena, if you don't know the rules then don't enter!!!! Sick of being cut off just when I've got my horse going nicely in a trot or canter, not only by riders but people on foot too!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh...
    COLOURED SADDLE BLANKETS AT HACKING & DRESSAGE EVENTS - yeah it's fun to have everything pink or blue or purple, but please use those items for Cross Country or at home, brightly coloured saddle blankets do not belong in the Hack ring or in Dressage Arena's. Pony club colours are OK if you're representing your pony club, but if you're competing normally shouldn't all saddle blankets be white??

lol.. feel much better now :)*

19. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Kids who demand drinks from their parents between classes.. perhaps pony/horse might be thirsty too? Especially when rider has a drink, then stands talking to group of friends for next 20-30 minutes....c'mon now...isn't that enuff time to go to your float?

Clipped out ears.

20. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

... shows with no first aid post.

I'm more than happy to pay a levy for it too!!! Was great to see one at the Nov/int champs. More shows should do it **).