Showing Grievances

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by wattle6180, May 15, 2009.

1. Dontey464554

Dontey464554 Active Member

I wasn't complaining, it was just annoying what was said. I knew this would happen as its happened in this club before to other people. And i only go to shows for fun its not a big thing for me :)

2. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Wish I saw more of this, it is a very good thing.

3. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

Nope, our hack is not a liver chestnut with a star lol. So not boring at all, unless you don't like a correct horse...

4. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Lol.. during the work outs he had a serious (i'm concentrating) look on his face but in the line up it was all smiles.
    Though i did have to tell him to tone it down a bit... when he puts on a big grin, he closes his eyes! *#)
    (his school pics are proof of this, lol :D)

5. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

He certainly has the cute factor lol. :D **) Good on him.

6. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

PMSL!!!! you cant tell him to tone down a real smile!!! they are just the best!!

im trying to educate dav..... she cant have a chat to the judge about what she did at school during the week (this child is motor mouth and the most difficult person to stop talking)

7. samm

samm Gold Member

Why can't she Nic?If I was judging I would think it quite amusing and take it as a sign the child was relaxed and comfortable with what she was doing.
    I think any judge that judges little kids wouldn't get angry about it.

8. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

really??? thats cool then!! i just cant get her to stop nattering away..... i was worried it may annoy other parents if she wouldnt stop talking....lol :eek:

9. PPH

PPH Guest

Mine is a bit different to most on here, but

* Turnback and herdhold riders who are too busy talking to ppl on the fence to block and prompt the cattle during a show run. (This can make or break a run you pay between 40 to 60 dollars for and lasts 2 and a half minutes.)

* and ppl who repeatedly shove or walk their in season mare's butt right in front of a stallions face, AFTER you have told them more than once that he's "A Boy"!!!!

10. Raw Prawn

Raw Prawn Well-known Member

Sorry Horsetalk, wasnt directing this at you..... it just seemed for a while there, especially with the galloways, that every horse was liver with a white star.

11. Wildwood

Wildwood Well-known Member

Lol at OH and Dav I can just imagine you in the line up. I think in leadrein its ok if the kids aren't perfectly behaved if I was a judge I would think it was so cute if the kids started having a chat to me. I remember when I was younger always having a chat in the lineup to my friends lol and always getting in trouble for it after but we always had a great time!!!

12. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

i dont think the littleys havin a chat to the judge is a problem its sooooo cute and dav has cuteness by the dozen she is just gorgeous , but wen a seasoned showie starts askin judges questions while others are doing workouts is a strategy being used in the ring and not a very nice 1 #(

13. RPS

RPS Well-known Member

My biggest pet hate at the moment is kids ( non riding ones that is ), by all means bring them to shows but geez, keep them under control. Seriously some of them need a leash#(

Have some courtesy for others and the right of riders at shows - no one wants to be subjected to your little brat running through rings, climbing and swinging off rails, tree branches and popping out from behind trees and cross country jumps. It is hard enough to introduce young green horses to the showing environment without some inconsiderate sod letting their kids run riot.
    1. If you can't control them don't bring them
    2. Think about how you would feel in the same position, if you wouldn't like it don't subject someone else to it.
    3. Just because your horse can deal with it doesn't mean that everyone else's can:mad:

End of dummy spit.

14. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

People who cut their horses's tails too short.....arghhhhh it's not that hard!!!

15. KC Quarter Horses

KC Quarter Horses Gold Member

Can so relate to this one !! I think I have lost my patience in my old age LOL

16. RPS

RPS Well-known Member

Reading my post back I think I must be suffering from the same affliction.:p

17. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

and while i am on a role of being p***ed of at people in the open discussion section i will return here to say my peace!

i will do what i like with my horse - whether that be clip him, dye him pink if i wanted to, paint a blaze down his face as i see fit

i can do what i like to him as i paid ALOT of money for him - it means i can do what i want and others can hav etheir opinion but i can do as i please as he is mine *#)

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  18. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

And while your at it OH, i will say my 2 bobs worth too.

I have a horse who has gone from large pony last year to a galloway this year. my first measurement was 13.3h,6 months later measured 14h, another 6 months later again 14h and then 9 months later over 14.1h!

my horse grew! im sure if i could chop him off at the knees he would be large pony again. but i cant. My now galloway has won at top level as large pony and has already won big shows as galloway. It is not cheating, nor is it corruption - horses grow.

As far as im concerned if you have a valid height card that is your height. We dont have any hold over the measurers or judges, so we cant stop anyone from winning if they decide to protest anyone's height.

Ive also had a small galloway at 14.2 years ago who measure at over 14.3h as a 10 yr old. Horses grow, many horses have smaller withers than it seems to the eye.

19. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

:)

I HATE with a very STRONG PASSION clipped out ears
    Fully clipped horses, who don't need it, but get clipped because people think they should as others are doing it
    People who jump jumps the wrong direction, or work their horses at the landing point of the jump, so no-one can jump it
    People who abuse their helpers, and aren't courtious, to either their helpers, or the stewards, judges, officials, marshalls, whoever. MANNERS
    I also hate people who dont know how to use gear using it roughly on horses who, you can tell is trying their hardest to behave.

last one :p
    judges who dont look at my pony further because she had a scar.
    ^ only happened once, but my galloway had a large scar in her shoulder, was turned out like she should have been. we were in an unoff hack, in a PLEASURE class, and the judge walked towards me when she gave me her comment and promptly said "your horse has a scar, its ugly"
    I was mortified! and put my pony away for the day because i couldnt bear the thought of everyone staring, as they all heard the judge. ):

20. Its Party Time

Its Party Time Well-known Member

What is wrong with people, most of the show horses including Old Hacks get looked after 120%, they are cared for like our own children if not better so who gives a damn if we clip them or bone their ears or enhance their color????

As OH said its her horse so get over it!