Showcase your horses and ponies

Discussion in 'Sticky Topics For Open Discussions' started by Noelle, Feb 10, 2011.

1. notickets

notickets Well-known Member

Well here is my Billy Boy, 5yo TB standing at only about 15hh. A pony of a tb in both looks and personality.
    Had him nearly two and a half years and we have had so many ups and downs, but thankfully nowadays it's mostly ups! Posted most of these before, but always worth sharing again! Maybe someday soon I will actually get some more ridden pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kyles76

kyles76 Active Member

hey no tickets, lovely pics of Billy Boy, he's such a sweetie.

I'll get off my fat pregnant bum and take some pics of you riding next time I catch you on :D

3. notickets

notickets Well-known Member

Hehe I was just about to repost and say I love the second photo of tanika, she has THE most beautiful face.

Yep would love some ridden photos soon (but might wait a few more weeks till we get into the swing o things first haha)

4. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

='( I only have 1 horse now..
    And.. I'm pretty sure everyone knows my girl.
    But here is some photospam to take my mind off stuff =(

Bess, 22 year old TB Stallion X Appaloosa X Conemarra Mare

She was bought by BTSR at Mundijong Sales in December 2009? Was unsuitable so sold to Shiralee.. I absolutely fell in love the minute I saw her.. I than took her on in February 2010.. brought her back into work after a 6 year break =)

When I took her on I thought I had worked through all my fears and confidence issues but I soon found out I still had a lot to work through.

We had quite a bit of trouble at first.
    She was VERY forwards! Something that use to scare me.
    Her breaks and steering weren't the best and sometimes disappeared all together.
    We went backwards. A LOT!
    Including at shows where we ran a few horses into fences.. whoops :eek:

But we worked through it.. through tears, disagreements, injuries, arguments and finally learning to work together.

I can't express how much she means to me.. she is my best friend.
    [​IMG]

She can make me smile no matter what I'm feeling..
    [​IMG]

She has taught me to TRUST.. something I couldn't do before.
    [​IMG]

She has taught me that she'll never let me fall.
    [​IMG]

And finally she's taught me to love <3
    [​IMG]

My absolute everything.. Bess <3 xx
    [​IMG]

5. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Lauren - that was a beautiful post. Your bond with Bess is truly inspiring, i love seeing photos of you two together.

Here is my mini herd:

Honey - Coomel Irish Thyme, 21 yr old Connemara x Tb mare. Had her for a few years now (going on 4! WOW), she was just a paddock fluffy orniment for 7 years until I got my paws onto her hehe. Hopefully you'll see us out at some endurance rides this year (shh don't tell her though)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Danni - Zia Park Fanfare, my mumma-bear :D 3/4 warmblood, and such a darling. Had her just over 2 weeks, and she has settled in really well. She is in foal to Springfield Park Tylah. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of coarse Dicky-man, Jeddai - The Red Jeddai. He's currently out on lease to a lovely home, but had to squeeze a photo of him in!

[​IMG]

6. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Not sure any of mine made the fave horse list, but here they are anyway! lol
    The family
    [​IMG]
    Sabaar
    [​IMG]
    Tam:
    [​IMG]
    Sleepi:
    [​IMG]
    Kavaar:
    [​IMG]
    Kai:
    [​IMG]
    Kazz:
    [​IMG]

7. dramaqueen

dramaqueen Well-known Member

This is my gorgeous boy currently with Bubbles :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my baby Charlie :D

[​IMG]

and both my babies
    [​IMG]

in descending order on the right is Bundy, Jacks and Flamie and Alice is on the left
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  8. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

Oooooo love this thread :)*

My little Lochie Leonard... 16.1hh (although his long legs make his height a bit deceiving!) 5yo TB. I've had him about 8 months now, and loving the teaching process! We've taken things slowly and surely, and he's proving to be a good learner. Quiet, and sometimes a bit of a worrier, but certainly a pony with promise - I can't wait to see what he achieves!

[​IMG]

Please excuse my horrid position here hahaha!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. tammyprez

tammyprez Well-known Member

George - 5 months now:D More photos coming later tonight!!

[​IMG]

Hmmmm its a tad small:(

10. raindear

raindear Well-known Member

These are my daughters ponies
    Penley Giovanni (Jack)
    [​IMG]
    Penley Ensign (Benson)
    [​IMG]
    and this is my feral pony Curry Park Iona (Maggie)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    She isn't fat just big bones :p

11. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

good job, mate! awesome work.

12. Omega Conquest

Omega Conquest Well-known Member

This is Baldy... Deffinatly my best friend...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry there is so many photos!!!! i couldnt decide! lol

13. Taryn

Taryn Well-known Member

What breed is Baldy Omega?
    He is cetainly eye catching. If Baldy goes missing it wasn't me.........ok?

14. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

what a great post. love seeing everybody's ponies & the variety that we all have.

i am very blessed to have three awesome ponies.

beejy, my big red heinz special blend. 15.3hh TB, racing name: slideon. which is dumb, so i just call him Beejay.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    we're mates now, but it's taken a long time & he still gets pi**ed off at the state of world affairs. his back's a bit dodgy at the moment so i'm scabbing rides off others & he's letting me know in no uncertain terms that that's not good enough. yesterday, my life flashed before my eyes. several times. so yeah, he keeps me young!
    [​IMG]
    my taz, on the right. little standardbred pony i bought when i certainly did not need & was not looking for another horse. he's the best thing ever & totally rocks my world. he's on half lease to a little teenager who rides him & gets lessons with my instructor too, so it's all good. he was viciously attacked by a dog this time last year, and has some bad bouts with colic so i'm glad he's such a persistent little bugger. he also has a lot to say about the state of the world & generally hates most other horses and people.

[​IMG]
    he's pretty much the best pony ever & the world is pretty good from between his ears.

and finally, my old man Blitzen. Anglo Arab, born when i was 11 on our family farm. retired him when he was 16 due to arthritis. he now lives on a fellow stocky's retirement farm & loves life. i don't get to see him as much as i'd like but i know he's in the best of care.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    i still think he is one of the most beautiful & noble horses ever. it broke me a bit when i had to stop riding him & couldn't afford to keep two horses in fancy agistment (especially not a retiree).

15. Omega Conquest

Thanks Taryn!! :) he is a 12yo Paint x TB :)

16. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

mmmm, baldy is all sorts of yummy. i love that 2nd pic of him especially, he looks MINT.

17. Omega Conquest

:) Thanks Bitzen! your red head is abit spunky too!!
    that pic he was having a ball in the arena lol running away every time i tried to catch him! :p

18. Trendsetter

Trendsetter Active Member

Here is my boy who is 13.3 3/4 hh part welsh riding pony
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Sim

Sim Well-known Member

I love these threads too!

[​IMG][/IMG]

Ok, the pony in the pic here, lying down and eating is is Chloe, AKA Balmoral Wait n See. I bought her as a 2yo in 1981, broke her in with a neighbour and proceeded to do pony club, hacking, a bit of everything with her. We've leased her out to different kids over the years and we tried to put her in foal (but to no avail) at the moment she's retired but she is still so fit and healthy, part of me thinks she's wasted???

Horse in the foreground was my dear old Merlin. Riddled with health problems, but a real smoocher.

[​IMG]

This is my Thieri. 14.2, Welsh Cob, mare. She is simply gorgeous inside and out, and brings nothing but complete joy to me. I adore, adore, adore her. I've been quite sick recently, and she's looked after me totally. We do everything, swimming, trail riding etc etc and nothing fazes her. She's the best!

(And thank you to my lovely photographer for this pic):p:p

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  20. Teal

Teal Well-known Member

This is my Philly. She is a 7y/o Arabian Warmblood (50% Hanoverian, 50% Egyptian Arab) by Aragon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love her <3