Showcase your horses and ponies

Discussion in 'Sticky Topics For Open Discussions' started by Noelle, Feb 10, 2011.

1. norrishbex

norrishbex Well-known Member

Rhettles is the hangover horse, he's the one i ride when I feel a little fragile, he looks after me. Not like Key, she takes advantage of my weakened state and acts up, the little troll :)

I gotta say though, I'm not a friesian fan, and am unlikely to change, but Rhett is a lovely horse, and I really enjoy riding him. For such a lump he's suprisingly versatile, he goes to dressage days, then off to team penning, he does pretty much everything I have asked him to do with very little fuss.

2. Jack :)
    Clevelendbay Sport Horse
    Bought him when he was 11 days old, met him when he got trucked over here at 5 months :) now he is 2 and.. 4 months old :D
    Getting a young horse has been a big journey. lots of tears, tantrums LOL ups and downs but he is being so good lately :)

[​IMG] < as a baby

Now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

Jack looks so grown up hehe I have witnessed first hand some of the tribulations, and certainly had plenty of my own with my youngster! You are right there - its a journey!

4. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

I know ;) I looked him up in the catalogue for the Royal. Haven't seen a Reitse baby I don't like yet! Saxon is a spunk :D

NB, I never used to be a Friesian fan either but since Mum was paying we compromised and went with the partbred. Somehow tho he still turned out to look very Friesian but wouldn't have it any other way now! I have since become a big fan of a good Friesian :)

I forgot to say too, Omar is looking amazing too KPF!

5. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

So agree **)

Ahem, ng - methinks you should have some photos to put up :}

6. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

Rahni.
    My mane man ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rocky.
    38yr old retired AngloArabian.
    [​IMG]

Gracie.
    HiPo filly. 2yrs old. Can't wait for her to be broken in at the end of this year! :D
    [​IMG]

7. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

Good thread - I lose track of who owns what. A lovely bunch of horses in here - so nice to see so many different types/colours/breeds.

Firstly, Lix who used to event and do dressage and more recently dabbled in working and show hunter. She's now in foal (YIPPEEEEE!!!) so won't be gracing the show ring this year. She's 14 and I've had her ~ 6 years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Willy - nTB eventer and a bit of a clutz but with a lovely jump and chilled out attitude. Hates ditches (bit like his rider). This year is our 3rd season together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lastly Jarrah - 4yo arabian warmblood who was broken a year ago and is training with a friend while I can't ride. He'll hopefully do some small shows and training days this year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

eta: ooops those photos look big - I haven't put photos up in ages - sorry!!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  8. farfromhome

farfromhome Well-known Member

huge grooming session and photoshoot in order for Nova this weekend
    show off my new pony **)

9. WildandFree

WildandFree Well-known Member

rossy my main man hes cheeky loveable and highly devoted and teaches me alot hes very special

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

leo well had him just under a month and hes slowly coming out of his shell and hes something special for sure hes teaching me lots btw hes a stb not a TB :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and queen bee shes out on lease but in her 18months with me shes taught me lots and got me back in the saddle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Love these threads - lots of beautiful horses & proud owners. **)
    Will add mine soon - i got lots! :eek:

11. Kyara

Kyara Well-known Member

Here is my boy. sorry some of these pics are a few months old.

Solomon, a 15 rising 16year old thoroughbred gelding. I have owned him since he was 9 so that is almost 7 years now. Jeez that has gone quickly. I love him to bits, hopefully getting out a bit more this year but will she how things go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. yes he used to be a bit cheeky.. well. alot LOL
    use to have mass personality clashes , but we get along now :eek:

13. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Great thread, such beautiful horses and ponies.

Here is my pride and joy Vegas:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. cupcake

cupcake Well-known Member

This is my "duck". Barty :) (About) 24year old TB

[​IMG]

15. Sam & Max

Sam & Max Well-known Member

i brought Zin in yesty.....Quizzy was the only one to come cantering to the gate with him....Felt bad leaving him..lol..he just turned his butt and walked off lol

Fanks :D

16. kyles76

kyles76 Active Member

This is my big heffalump Tanika. Warmblood by BBD Talisman. C grade show jumper and currently in foal to RV Landstrom.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

And my cheeky boy Clyde, stb.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the kids just hangin out together....they're best buddies

[​IMG]

17. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

LOL yerh i havent been today, will be there this avo. Poor Quizzy, he likes Zinny :)

18. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

My beautiful baby girl, 4 year old 14.3hh TB by Carpanetto

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (photo credit perfect pony photographics)

[​IMG]
    (photo credit Kelsarni)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2011
  19. norrishbex

norrishbex Well-known Member

Wow Tarz, apart from mine being a ranga, you could stand our 2 Carpanetto's side by side and not tell the difference between the 2.

Carpanetto sure does stamp his kids doesn't he?!?

20. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

I follow your girls progress as they sound soo similar, my girl is an old soul in a young body, she's just quietest little thing with personality +, love it :)

They all look very similar, I see their ads go up and from just the pictures I think 'that looks like a carpanetto'!