Showcase your horses and ponies

Discussion in 'Sticky Topics For Open Discussions' started by Noelle, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Eminence

Eminence Well-known Member

Well this is my boy Charlie,
    hes 14.3 , 8 yrs old , RP x TB. We bought him just over a year ago now and he is honestly one of the best things to have happened to me! He has taught me so much in the space of a year and is a great friend to have around :) Together we do un official hacking and last year did some pony club, i really want to teach him to jump and then possibly do some eventing :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this big man here is my mums horse ;)
    His name is Pokadot and he is 4 years old! he is a real charachter and is constantly giving us something to laugh at :p (in a good way)
    He was showed on and off inhand during 09 but we hope to get him back out and about this year :))

[​IMG]

2. dayna

dayna Well-known Member

This is Zophia, she is a pure QH 2yr old filly. We have owned her since weaning and have had a lot of success in the halter ring with her. She is now started under saddle and about to commence her performance career.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Penny, she is a weanling pure QH filly. To start with, she will be shown in the halter ring with the view to having a performance career when she is older.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They will both eventually spend some time in the broodmare paddock as well.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  3. sil

sil Gold Member

We have a few here so hopefully I don't break the internets

This is Nitro our American Saddlebred stallion. He is 5yo, 17hh and I love him because he is one of the kindest tempered, gentlest creatures on earth. We bought him as a baby and imported him from Texas. Many a day is spent sitting with him in his paddock, holding his feed bucket and cramming carrots into his mouth!

[​IMG]
    PPP photo (allowed to use)

Scarlett is our head broodmare. She is an American Saddlebred, 8yo 15.3hh and is a boss mare. She is tough and uncompromising and everything a good mare should be. Here she is fostering Charmaine's Arabian colt Noodles.

[​IMG]

Fred is our second American Saddlebred stallion. He's only little - 15.1hh, but what he lacks in stature he makes up in chutzpah.

[​IMG]

Sandy is Saddlebred x Arabian. We saved her from auction last year along with her sister. Here she is looking fit and well; she was recently broken to saddle by Fred Watkins and going fantastically.

[​IMG]

Star is Sandy's sister and purebred Saddlebred. I need to take a good photo of her. Star is the clown at home and constantly entertains us with her theatrics - from pawing and waving her leg in the air dramatically waiting for dinner, to bounding around her paddock flinging legs everywhere being a goof off.

[​IMG]

Phantom is the first Saddlebred I owned (Saddlebred x Arabian) and I love him to death - if he were human, he would be the most chauvanistic, fag smoking, beer swilling creature alive. He is rising 16 now and showing no signs of slowing down. He loves a can of coke or vodka and orange, and does some neat tricks.

[​IMG]

Last but not least Storm is an American Saddlebred filly by Nitro and out of Scarlett. She is 3 months old now and just the cutest thing, very friendly and will leave her dam and run over to you for attention. I think she is going to be tall!

[​IMG]

4. Diana

Diana Gold Member

These are my boys :)
    First one is Koda - anglo arab X qh :) Apparently, he's God's gift to everybody! So sometimes he's a bit big for his boots....but he's ok. Poor Dave has to spend 24/7 with him.

[​IMG]

This is Dave. He's a QH and he's my baby. Well...he's 8 this year I think. He doesn't like jumping...but we're working on it. He's kinda scared of everything until I show him it's not that bad! But he'll get there **)

[​IMG]

This is another picture of Dave. He was a bit fluffy back then - must've been in October.

[​IMG]

I need some better pictures of my horses...

5. SexyRitzy

SexyRitzy Well-known Member

This is TJ. He's a 12yr old TB that raced til he was 8! :eek: Just been working on his flat work and doing a bit of jumping. He's been to adult riders and a few training days and did 1 part of the Kelmscott Showman Series. Going to get him out more the second half of the year.

Photos are a few months old now...really need to get some new ones haha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. sil

sil Gold Member

That last one is a great photo!

7. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Oh Lin, I hope that doesn't mean what I think it does :(

Wow Samm, can't believe the difference in Monnie, she looks amazing!

Dayna, those are the 1st pics I have seen of Penny, VERY flash!

Ok, here are our rat bags!

First, my semi-retiree (he just pleasure rides for Raelene these days and is VERY happy with that), Paddy, a 13yo TB. Photo credit to Shooter Photographics, I LOVE this photo!
    [​IMG]

Then my little Noddi, a 14.3hh 4yo TB who I absolutely adore!
    [​IMG]

And my special 3yo filly Molly, this filly is my World.
    [​IMG]

And "Shiznit" (aka Kit), a 2yo 3/4 Friesian colt when he just came back from spell recently.
    [​IMG]

And Pippa, the sweetest yearling filly ever!
    [​IMG]

8. Jonsie

Jonsie Well-known Member

This is Ike, 10 yr old standy gelding, have had him for 5 years and he has recently recovered from 12 months of Pnuemonia, bronchitis and uncountable respiratory infections after the Pnuemonia killed half of his right lung resulting in necrotic tissue. He is now (as you can see from the photo taken 3 weeks ago) FULL of life lol!!

[​IMG]

And this is the AWESOME Drum... I have the privledge of leasing him from Safsmum - he is a 23yr old Andy X tb.
    [​IMG]

9. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

10. tinydancer

tinydancer Active Member

Think I'm one of the very few who've never posted pics on here before, so here goes.......

This is Joe my 9 year old q/horse x

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Charlie my standy whos now gone on lease to ClaireB

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

11. norrishbex

norrishbex Well-known Member

This is Key, she's my main girl, 7yr old TB mare by Key Business. She's the biggest diva I have ever met, she loves to work, the more difficult it is the happier she is, but ask he to go for a stroll around the bush and all toys get thrown out of the pram.
    [​IMG]

Poppet is a 2yr old TB filly by Carpanetto, I have just started breaking her in, and she's a 30 year old pony in TB clothing, absolutely nothing fazes her at all.
    [​IMG]

Last but not least is Rhett, he actually belongs to a friend of mine, but he's been with me for over a year, and won't go beck to his owner until the end of this year. He's a 5yr old purebred Friesian by Reitse. He's a bit tired in this pic, we'd just had a lesson and he had to work really hard :)
    [​IMG]

12. norrishbex

norrishbex Well-known Member

I missed one! Nobby aka Noble Steed, He's still racing, but is mine when he retires. He is an 8yr old gelding by Dauberval. Has a bit of an arrogant side, but is as tough as nails and will be an interesting addition to the family :)

[​IMG]

13. Anna E

Anna E Guest

OK here goes:
    Joe - 5 and a bit year old Arab X something about to go into shock as he actually has to work this year! Hopefully he'll lose the belly! Another 30 year old pony in baby horse clothing - NOTHING seems to faze him.
    [​IMG]
    Prycie, 10 year old STB. My "main man" and all round good bloke. 80kms one week, hauling novices around the next! Boss man of the padodck though.
    [​IMG]
    Angel - 15 year old Connemara. Grumpy old mare in the paddock, the world's best babysitter under saddle. Lauren is in love - can you tell!
    [​IMG]
    Mojo - long term lease from Paddys Girl - full of spunk and go which makes him perfectly suited to his rider!
    [​IMG]
    The new mare we have just brought home - she's put on weight already. I don't know too much about her personality yet but judging from the way everyone else is behaving at the moment she still has plenty of girl hormones!!
    [​IMG]
    And last but definitely not least Roly the super Shetland who has taught both my kids to ride. He goes back to his owner this weekend #( (I'd love to keep him but he's wasted here now - he needs to find another kidlet to teach).
    [​IMG]

14. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

I love these threads! I love looking at everyones horses, such variety! And I love how proud everyone is of their equine friends.

I have two horses. Buckley on the left and Quizzical on the right:
    [​IMG]

Everyone should remember Mr Buckley, hes a 9 year old standardbred gelding, retired now though:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Harvest Quizzical, a 4yr old WB gelding who has been undersaddle 12months and I am planning to do dressage with:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

isnt he cute? hehe
    [​IMG]

15. Sam & Max

Sam & Max Well-known Member

This is ZIn....16yo TB...He is just my pleasure pony....You can do anything with him ...he is soooo relaxed its not funny....oh and did I mention Lazy! LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Oh Norrishbex, I love Rhett!!! Kit (on page 3 in my post) is by Reitse too!

17. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Love that funky horse Sam & Max!!!!

18. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

Nawww theres the Zinny dude **) I do enjoy my morning Zin-snuggle

19. Charlie1

Charlie1 Well-known Member

My Lot
    My patchy pony mare Lockett
    [​IMG]
    Kade TB gelding
    [​IMG]
    Buddy TB gelding
    [​IMG]
    Lecter TB gelding
    [​IMG]
    Cheers Jade

20. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

Spunky Saxon is by Reitse as well. :) But with an Anglo dam.