Show us ya wheels! Float and towing vehicle reviews.

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by GoneRama, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Ponypuppet

Ponypuppet Active Member

Melle your float is Awesome! looks like a submarine!

2. annie

annie Active Member

Hi GR,
    Yep, love the extra cab, means my dogs are safe inside with us, not comfortable with them in the back of the ute...
    and No, the float has always been a float, we bought it of a guy who had it made, he did trekking with horse and cart so was built to put the cart in the front, where we now have cupboards and storage, then they put the chest bar and divider in and then loaded up the horse...the triple axle makes it a more comfy stable ride for the horses...

3. Jordy D

Jordy D Active Member

[​IMG]

2010 Chev Silverado and a 2010 Lakota HUT :D

4. Nannoo

Nannoo Well-known Member

Nice! - Hey - who made your bullbar?

5. Scarlet

Scarlet Well-known Member

Some awesome setups & the most pleasing thing is seeing everyone say how SAFE they can be / are etc!

Horseslave - my Dad recently built a horsebox with monopan....LOVED working with it!

[​IMG]
    2010 V8 GX Cruiser & my float :)

[​IMG]
    LED's in float....no more unloading in pitch black & not being able to see float boots etc

[​IMG]
    Bum shot ;) Big LED indicators so traffic can see what I'm doing.... Adore this float but now I'm in NSW debating if it's worth bringing it over or just selling & getting one over here!

6. Jordy D

Jordy D Active Member

Irwin Bullbars i think? their in Midland around the corner from Europa, they make truck bull bars, ours is the biggest one you can get legally.

7. Gold Rush

Gold Rush Well-known Member

8. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

OOooh some lovely setups are still popping up on here.

LED lights are da bomb! I have LEDs on my float and day or night they're bright as.

While on the topic of Landcruisers........

[​IMG]
    here's my other setup when the Prado has used all it's spares and can't tow the float to Darwin! OHs 75 series Landcruiser that has just over 400 000ks on the clock (he did do 12 months with a odometer not working too).

9. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

Absolutely, this thread has turned into a fine example of safe towing setups **)

10. Nannoo

Nannoo Well-known Member

You willing to divulge how much???

Prob should just call them myself...

11. Jordy D

Jordy D Active Member

I would have no idea, as its mum and dads car, and dad had it done through this company as he gets the truck bullbars from them. They custom made it for the chev too.

12. RustyRidge Clydesdales

RustyRidge Clydesdales Well-known Member

Irvin bullbars or truck a bar ;) ours is similar but a QLD company it will probably set you back around 2500??

13. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

Is yours a Tuff Bar from Toowoomba RRC?

14. Jordy D

Jordy D Active Member

Thats the place, Irvin Bullbars!