Show Jumping...

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by Arnie, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Thanks guys. I've decided that I probably won't join a club. There is a few non-horsey things that I wish to look forward to as well and so I realised that I can't. Once I've been working full time for about 6months I hear I can get a loan and all my life I've had my dreams set on a nice ute. Then I want to own my own property. I've talked it over and I'm going to buy a bare patch of land (not sure of the size yet) and build it up over many years. The ute should be in plan next year and the house will take many more years. This is what I've planned all my life and I'll stick to that. I rekon stick to showing Arnie un-officially and get frequent lessons. By then I would of probably bought on another horse but not one to ride. I've decided to buy a broodmare and breed her but that is still in plan. But things change and I rekon I'll be tempted to buy a nice hack and show offically but Arnie will still be out there and with me. Although all this can only happen if I get a full time job...we'll see...

Sarah

~All time is wasted what is not spent with horses.~

2. leeb

leeb New Member

hi Arnie, next year I may look at joining an adult riding club around your area, as I am way to old for Pony Club.
    Could be fun , we can always go check it out.
    If too boring we just dont go back .
    got to try everything once hey.

3. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

true true...

Sarah

4. kt

kt Active Member

pony club can be up to 25 yrs old (thats most pony clubs and I think it will be all pony clubs by next year)

~~~~kt~~~~

5. sherreem

sherreem Well-known Member

pony club goes to 25 years but you must have been a member this year at the age of 21 to keep going on. you cant just join at 23 etc.

sherree

6. Nikiwink

Nikiwink Well-known Member

Bummer, looks like i'll have to settle for adult riding club then [​IMG]

:) Nikiwink :)

7. chavi

chavi Well-known Member

I'm going to join ARC. When I have a horse and a float that is anyway [​IMG]

Arnie, if your looking at a loan down the track, just make sure you have a heap of money saved in a savings account at the same bank or whatever. My friend, who has been working full time for three years now (since year 12), was just knocked back for a 10 grand loan because she only had 4 grand in savings after getting her old car fixed! Banks can be so bloody unfair sometimes.

Good luck with your plans, anyways. You can always consider ARC sometime down the track, theres not like there is an 'upper' age limit on that at least.

- Danielle

8. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Thanks Chavi yep I'll be saving heaps to get myself a sweet ute...

Sarah

9. gleckric

gleckric Guest

Sarah....the main thing is you go out there and give it your best go and have fun...i have been reading these discussions for a while now and i must say that their is a lot of negative word coming from some of you...if you can't be nice don't bother responding to the topics...your just nasty no alls....and you need to get a life and leave sarah alone...i have said enough. BE POSITIVE.... life is too short to be negative.

10. gleckric

gleckric Guest

we will c u at the show sarah and i'll bring the photo's from the swan view show...if i remember them...good luck.

11. admin

admin Guest

Well gleckric you have just been deleted from the forums. Do not attempt to use our forums again!!

12. Rusty

Rusty New Member

out of curiosity....why has gleckric been booted on her/his comment....the only real bad thing she/he said is calling everyone nasty no alls....but you probably have your reasons....i'm just a little confused.

anyway just a question on show jumping....do the horses enjoy it or is it painful for them...as you see i don't know much about show jumping or showing horses but i do want to learn.

13. admin

admin Guest

gleckric, your second username "Rusty" has also been deleted from our forums. I hope you are aware that people do get prosecuted for Internet abuse. So when an Administrator tells you to stay off it means STAY OFF!!

14. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

I've thought it over. I'm not going to do show jumping with Arnie anymore. Arnie doesn't want to do it. He doesn't enjoy it as much as I do. He loves his rides out and he loves going out to shows. So I'll stick to the Un-official shows for now and see what time hands out...

Sarah

15. C HORSE

C HORSE Well-known Member

My old horse never liked jumping so we did hack and breed show's. I think he loved it as it was like a big picnic for him standing at the float eating hay and standing around having a sleep in the sunshine.

16. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

I guess sometimes you just gotta let the horse choose hey?...

Sarah

17. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Happy Horse=Happy You

Unhappy Horse= Unhappy & Stressed You

~When all else fails and there is no one else around, hug yourself~

18. Nikiwink

Nikiwink Well-known Member

I hope thats not totally true - I'll never be able to ride my mare again - all she wants is foals [​IMG]

:) Nikiwink :)

19. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Haha thats a crack up! hahaha...

Sarah

20. sherreem

sherreem Well-known Member

well my daughters horse is now out on spell until the begining on February as he has sore hocks. Looks like he has the early signs of arthritis. We noticed at Capel last weekend that he was backing of from the jumps quite a bit and even though he didnt refuse (great horse never refuses) he was hesitating on the majority of the jumps over the cross country and in the showjumping almost did a stop a the spread but when asked again he went ok mum and put in the effort.

he is not visibly lame, its just out of character for him to hesitate. so off to murdoch he went and yep under xray it shows the early formation of the dredded arthritis.

looks like i will now have to read all the postings in feeding and try some of the recommended additives to help him.

sherree