Show horses/ponies from the past

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Bunch of Violets, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Loved Dragonfly and Prudence, and Brooke H first little pony Cadence. And the Kadova arabs that got out there into the ring they were beautiful saddle arabians, especially loved the little grey gelding that Kelda (?) Jones use to campaign.

2. Cav

Cav Gold Member

A couple more champions from the past...

Robannie Master Jones
    Chippenham Cabriolet
    Paisley Park Gabrielle
    Tyalla Njinsky - loved this pony's colouring and markings!

3. Trendsetter

Trendsetter Active Member

sanlirra gigglepot(dec)- the best childs pony

4. misskel

misskel Well-known Member

Oh Chippenham Cabriolet was one of my faves!! Wally!! Such a gorgeous pony...
    Waverley Festivity of Charlotte Mittons,
    Willowcroft Pickpocket!! Wow what a pony. Briary Chipmonk!! Little Tyalla Njinsky! Cutest!!
    Prudence, Sooooooo many gorgeous ponies and hacks. I wonder if we could have a virtual show like they had for the Melbourne Cup. Have all the greats of the past and have them compete against the greats of today!! Now that would be awesome!!!

5. Serenity

Serenity Well-known Member

I think you mean Cadogan? :p He was the first pony I learnt to ride on **) He was very cute.

Great thread BOV! Nice taking a trip down memory lane.

I used to love Judaroo Prudence....I still wonder where she is now and did she ever breed?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  6. Karma

Karma New Member

Sovereign Risk was another beautiful hack

7. Melle79

Melle79 Well-known Member

I miss my galloway Marapona Wind in the Willows
    he was such a beutiful horse!

and Glen Avon Evensong, Cambrai Park dreamtime, Morningside Penny Lane,
    Kirralea Classic so so many more!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  8. Cav

Cav Gold Member

There was a couple of cute small ponies owned by Menzies Masons years ago too a little grey and command performance?

I often wonder where all these top show horses and ponies ended up or if they are still going or retired.

I saw kingsfred mystique and silkwood sandpiper at a show in moora about 3 years ago looking rather aged :) And I know the people who own my old Balmoral Morven, 26 this year.

9. Cav

Cav Gold Member

I think we all forgot 2 very well performed little mares...

Karma Park Araminta and Drumclyer Mosaic :)

10. Cassy Horse

Cassy Horse Well-known Member

Hmm had a few faves from the east coast... .. Westacre Copelia, still remember that pic in a horse mag of her striding out and her little rider wearing red buns on either side of her head.. possibly remember that though cos we had to wear our hair like that afterwards hehe. Also remember a dun/buckskin mare I think of Robyn Barry's - no idea what the name was but lovely pony.

11. Karma

Karma New Member

Also that beautiful big hack Friendly Shore such an elegant horse

12. fuddles

fuddles Well-known Member

could have been Pirroutte a very smutty cream colour, kinda pally but not

what make a lot of these top hacks from the past stick in your mind.
    is that the Horse Mag actually used to do heaps of features on the show ring, think l actually enjoyed the show ring articles more than anything else

13. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

Cusop Diamond?????

14. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

Friendly Shore had the best walk I have seen on a horse**)

15. Karma

Karma New Member

I totally agree

16. fuddles

the strangest walk l ever saw was a hack called Mckay he won heaps, he had the goose step walk by a NZ stallion, In the Purple.

17. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

Friendly Shore walked like he was on a catwalk with a pretty toe flick then placed his hooves gracefully like a dancer**) I could watch him all day.

18. Cassy Horse

Cassy Horse Well-known Member

Yes could have been Merlin, in which case prob got owner wrong too! However I do remember a piccy with little girl on her but my memory seems to have gone astray hehe so might be a combination of photos! *#)

19. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

An old friend back in the mid 80's gave me a few years collection of Hoofs and horns and hoofbeats they were like my bibles haha got me hooked on showing seeing all the photo's of the beautiful show horses:D

20. fuddles

can happen, horses are like a drug.
    Me l had to know who was who, as l worked at the Louis Epstiens in Melb and also at K Ritchie

and the Cussop Ponies think Jan Langley imported them, very cute pics of a grown up rider complete with bunches short boots trying to make her look like a child rider :))whosha trying to fool