Should Unreg Ponies/Horse's Be accepted??

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by PINTO1980, Sep 26, 2008.

?

Should Unreg ponies/horse's Be accepted??

Poll closed Sep 29, 2008.
  1. Yes They Should

39 vote(s)
    49.4%
  2. No They Shouldn't

28 vote(s)
    35.4%
  3. Doesnt Really Bother Me

12 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. Hen

Hen Well-known Member

PMSL he so is ugly!!!! :p Bless him, he has one ear longer than the other at the moment. He was just starting to look pretty good and then he grew again *#)

He'll be alright when he's about 9 *#)

2. Hen

Hen Well-known Member

Nicki, it's not about difficulty or cost regarding registration, it's about care factor ... in my case 0 *#)

And I don't really give a toss what people on the sidelines think of my horse or what they are gossiping and bitching about - I have a lovely shiny vet certificate so I know he is 100% **) and we all know they will bitch anyway!!

..... and just to play devil's advocate, I'd love to find a nice Heinz 57 and show it in SOS just to be annoying *#) I don't get it; a good horse is a good horse and deserves to be up against other good horses!! If an unregistered horse is a better type than a registered horse, oh well, rethink the breeding program pmsl. Or just accept that the judge liked that horse better on the day. As I have read numerous times on here ;)

3. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

it cost a bit when u only do one or two breed shows a year??
    show entry
    + breedmemeber ship for you- 50-120 depending on society)
    + rego fees/ transfer fees blah blah blah again 50-100+

(+ efa or SHC or club fees or lesson fees)

breed shows are good exposure for say..

hens young warmblood who wont do breed shows later so no need the expence of regoing but just good to get him out once or twice for him to see...

4. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

Rahni's unregisterable for the following reasons;
    I. Sire is deceased and therefore cannot have be DNA tested against Rahni.
    II. Unsure as to who his Dam is.
    III. I never do breed shows with him because he is my ridden horse and I don't see the point in paying for a sporthorse rego for 1 breed show in the year.

I'll happily take him to a breed show, turned out as a hack and go in the unregistered classes. If they're offered, I'll use them :)

As for going into the SOS. Rahni would never make it, which is 100% fine by me as I didn't purchase him for that reason. But I think that it should be open to unregistered horses too. If they don't make it against the registered horses then so be it.

At the end of the day, it's the judge's decision, and if you love your horse with a piece of ribbon or a garland more than with hay in his mane slobbering on your jumper then go and purchase a horse that will give you the oportunity to consistently be in those placings.

Rahni is beautiful and 100% perfect to me, no matter what the judge says.

5. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

I've had a judge ask me for affirmation that my Unreg was the breed she thought it was. Didn't offend me or shame her to just ask what she's thinking ';'

Soooo anyway, I had a thought this morning :rolleyes: How about if Breed Shows were to hold a Training Class at the end of their programme. That way, you could still have Unreg....but you could also have a class for people that want their horse to get some show-environment experience, or their horse has been naughty in it's breed class, and they'd like to have one more go at a workout...but non-competitve. So no ribbons, no SOS. They'd still have an experienced Judge to comment on things like....length of lead or workout technique, but definitely not an inhand lesson as such. Just an oppurtunity to do an inhand workout at a non-competitive level (hence no plaiting, makeup either :D). This class to be charged as per normal class fees **)

Thoughts??

6. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

actually it doesn't, their are quite a few societies that register on purely height and the horse not having major conformation problems (Check out NMR, ASPA, and ANSA;) )....and absolutely agree, nothing wrong with raising money :)*

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  7. Freestyle

Freestyle Well-known Member

I love that idea Wattle. :)*

It would be great for babies to get used to the idea and if horses get excited or make mistakes it doesn't matter, as nobody is out there to win. I also like the idea of no plaiting. It's a pain to do that prep when you really have no chance in a class and just going for an outing.

8. Pinto Lover

Pinto Lover Well-known Member

YES they should!! They are still an equine, they still pay the same to be at that show, same ground fee, etc etc, they would still cost the same amount to get that animal to that show, so YES!!

When I rang the Orange Grove Breed show a few years back I allowed them in & a STUNNING chestnut won it, yes some weren't happy but every single judge at that show picked him. Good on him. I hope more shows allow more of them in to SOS **)

9. carol51

carol51 Well-known Member

thats what we were going to do have a nice time not breed from him was only trying to point out some horses have papers that they can not get ours came down to price so i know better next time