Shetland Youngstock Show Yesterday

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by OBHH, Jun 9, 2008.

1. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Well everyone else went to Darling Range but i had the Shetland Youngstock Show at Toodyay with my 9 month old colt.
    It took me ages to wash the furry little b****r on saturday and even longer for him to dry!! Well we left home at 6am and got home at 6.30pm, looooooong day.
    He went really well. He got...................
    1st Best Presented colt
    Then overall Best Presented Exhibit.
    1st colt under 1 yr ( older colts took champ and res) but i was still happy as they were nice ponies.
    3rd in Best broken colour
    3rd in Stud trio ( for the lady who bred him)
    I got 1st handler 22-39 yrs and then
    Champion Senior Handler.
    Yay, i was so pleased. It was the first time at a show on his own and the first time on the float on his own and he behaved well. He did turn into a pre-pubescent teenager at the show- behaving abit like a big stallion!!!!! ppffft , but still has this high pitched young squeely whinney!!! HeHe.
    Here are some photos.
    1st colt under 1 yrr
    [​IMG]
    Then best presented colt
    [​IMG]
    Then my champion senior handler
    [​IMG]
    :D

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  2. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

.................and some more. My daughter Malory borrowed my friends pony for her child handler 6yrs and under. Placed first as she was the only one in it.
    [​IMG]
    Then she went back in for champion junior handler under 18yrs and buggar me!!!!!!!!!!!! she won it.
    [​IMG]
    as the other two girls did not listen to the judge and did the wrong workout plus the pony she was handling tried to run off and Malory held onto her without letting go and didnt cry!! I was soooooooooooooooo proud of her.:D

3. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

some other photos.
    This one is off my colts nephew, ( 2 weeks yonger!!) he was abit tired to say the least.
    [​IMG]
    I would like the thank the judge for he comments during the day as did most of the competitors, its nice to get feedback as to why we placed where.

4. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Yay, what cute pictures :D

Congratulations on your results :) Did Mallory ask if she could swap her blue ribbon for a pink one? :)*

5. safs_mum

safs_mum Well-known Member

wow, congrats :) And well done to your daughter!

6. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

No she didnt this time Sarina as she won a green rosette for champion handler and was really happy with that as she hasnt had a green rosette before.:D

7. madcow

madcow Guest

Congrats**)

The pics are lovely, I love a nice shetland. My sister used to ride a shettie called Redfields littlebigman back in the olden days. It's so cute how the little one is bombed out by the float having a snooze:D

I seem to recognise a few other people in one of the photos as well;) (the ribbon handerer outera looks very proficent:) )

8. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

HHhhhmmn. Yes MC. Might be some 'other stockies' in those photos as well.:D :D :D LOL.

9. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

10. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

Congratulations OBHH **) well done, your colt loooks very nice and also big huge congrats to Mallory too :)) :))

11. Coda Cowgirl

Coda Cowgirl Well-known Member

your daughter was an absolute trooper!! sooooo cute!!!

well done on your placings OBHH your little colt is very cute.

12. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Thanks CC. Did you enjoy your 'outing' in the country with the judge!!! HeHe.:)
    Must say little emma did good job ribbon organising as well.**)

13. Coda Cowgirl

Coda Cowgirl Well-known Member

had a blast and learnt soooo much! thankyou Mel!!

14. mum of five

mum of five Well-known Member

gorgeous

You all look gorgeous, Malory is a star................as are you and your little woolly bear............lol

15. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Well you thought he was woolly Terri, pffft. You should have seen some of the other ones at the show. Having him under lights certainly does help. I can imagine if i didnt have stable lights that he would be twice as long in the coat.:D

16. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

hey OBHH do you know if you can come to Katanning yet???

17. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Im soooooooooooo wanting to still, but seriously panning out that i wont be able to. Too many things are just not falling into place. Ive still got no one to babysit sat morn for me. :mad: as MIL -doesnt want to get out of bed that early!!!! $$$$$ for petrol, ive worked it out it will take me two tanks of fuel at $120 per tank to fill up so thats over $200 for the journey , hubbys boots have just arrived for work and thats $105, need to find $144 for my royal enteries. Im judging on Sunday so i will be out all w/e , and OH not to happy to look after kids and other horses, Shall i go on !!!:(
    How many shetlands have you got entered so far???

18. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

not looking good, 3 so far
    what a shame :(

19. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Bugga!!! Are they the brookton mob?

20. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

1 mundijong and 2 brookton, I havent heard from Glenys yet either