SHC Newcomers and Classic - RESULTS

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Cassy Horse, May 22, 2010.

1. Nanna

Nanna Well-known Member

Rider under 12 years -winner Chloe Moon, R/Up Jayde Litster
    Rider 12 to under 15 years - winner Sienna Bergersen, R/U Jessica Marsh
    Rider 15 years to under 17 years - winner Sara Naylor, R/U Gabriella D'ercole
    Rider 17 years to under 21 years - winner Shannara Beresi, R/U Louise Holland
    Rider 21 years and over - winner Richard Rice, R/U Christine Lambert

2. Nanna

Nanna Well-known Member

Show Hunter Small Pony - Del Lee Oscar Tasma Harper, Reserve Wendamar Blush L&S Vince (this was a huge section and congratulations to a well deserved win)
    Show Hunter Large Pony - Silkwood Riverside M&J Bowden, Reserve Carona Park Kaleidescope Callen Perkins
    Show Hunter Small Galloway - Redwood Moet Mathilda Percival, Reserve Owendale William of Oz Amanda Taylor
    Show Hunter Large Galloway - Lancefield Park Rajah Danielle Curtis, Reserve Sanlirra Billabong Michelle Bowden
    Small Show Hunter Hack - Yonti Michelle Matsen, Reserve Gervase Park Fractional - Andrea Gales
    Show Hunter Large Hack - Impello Louise Fraser, Reserve Karma Park Royal Doulton Brooke Rolfe (and WOW what a fantastic class to watch - absolutely magnificent these large animals!!)

Note the names are the owners not may not the the actual rider on the day

Cheers

3. MinninupRoad

MinninupRoad Well-known Member

Yep just a class I paid attention too, very few BEAUTIFUL lovely sweet animals but not true to type

Good luck with yours next year I have one coming out as a hunter next year too :)

4. Cav

Cav Gold Member

thanks for the results nanna :)

5. RPS

RPS Well-known Member

Are there any debutante hunter results available?

6. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

great results, well done scorpio :3
    does anyone have any photos they want to share?

7. Random_Winger

Random_Winger Well-known Member

woohooo for bishops :D

photos? :p they'd probably all be blurry and such from rain, but c'mon!!!

8. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

Great show ... Well run and stunning grounds. Some lovely horses there today too :)* .

My horse placed in her height class but worked better in her weight! I had 2 kids run out straight across the gateway under my horses feet when I was entering the ring (I can honestly say I was sick to death of kids running around/yelling/screaming/upsetting horses today ... Shouldn't they be supervised :confused:) which upset her and resulted work that was more tense than usual :( . I don't think it changed the placings so this isn't sour grapes but I also don't think it's fair on riders when kids are allowed to run amongst and upset the horses that are competing. I know they're hunters so should be tolerant of most things but I don't blame my horse for getting annoyed at 2 6yos running under her feet! Anyway, other than that it was a nice day ... Well done all :) .

9. RPS

RPS Well-known Member

Glad i'm not the only one that feels that way. I'm sick of kids ( and dogs ) at horse shows who's parents and or handlers think it's perfectly acceptable for them to run riot. It is a HORSE SHOW people not a day care centre.
    You love your kids I get that but not everyone else or their horses do as well R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Not enough shown these days.

10. Cav

Cav Gold Member

So we are going to ban kids from shows now too hey? :)

Not enough T.O.L.E.R.A.N.C.E perhaps.

Springbok, I didnt see any kids in the rings with the horses competing? I didnt think they were allowed to be in there?

11. RPS

RPS Well-known Member

Not at all all in my opinion but a little control maybe wouldn't go astray, kids running through rings without supervision how dangerous is that. Who's going to be the first to grizzle and sue if the kid gets hurt because the parent can't control it, most parents, that's who. If you can't control them leave them at home, quite simple.

12. Cav

Cav Gold Member

If they were running through the actual rings then that should be something for the committee who ran the show to deal with and is not acceptable.

13. Nanna

Nanna Well-known Member

Lillydate Road Debutante Results for today
    Show Hunter Small Pony - Morefair Portia Lauren McGregor, R/U Little Larrikin K Fletcher & D Powell
    Show Hunter Large Pony - Karma Park Fair Song Sandy Jamieson, R/U Owendale Sir William Tanya Marshall
    Show Hunter Galloway - Morefair Kingsley Ashleigh Innes, R/U Redline Sensation Keralyn Fraser
    Show Hunter Hack - Karma Park Royal Doulton Brooke Rolfe, R/U Reges Park Tenacity Dawn Sewell

14. RPS

RPS Well-known Member

Thanks Nanna for the results.

15. Valencia Park Monty

Valencia Park Monty Well-known Member

woohoo well done Ashleigh and Tigga!!! :)*

16. arylin

arylin Well-known Member

Springbok I didn't realise that was you this afternoon.
    I walked past you and commented on the kids jumping under the rail and you almost hitting the deck.
    Those 2 kids were lucky they didn't get run over.

17. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

Had a great show both days, rain and all. Hope everyone else did too :)

Well done to the winners :)

I saw one lady with her Medium/Large dog walking through the car park on a long leash. I was amazed when i heard her say to one person she was getting her dog used to horses.

Shall we all start to take our horses to dog shows so we can get them used to dogs??? it is not my job to educate your dog/s on how to behave around horses. Please leave the dogs at home :(

18. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

Some kids were asked over the PA to not ride their bikes in the rings during the last champion workout and the 2 kids that ran in front of my horse were basically in the ring too.

I didn't say ban them. I just think if you're going to leave your kids unattended at a show all day they AT LEAST need to be taught to be a bit more aware of the horses they are around. Better yet, supervise them! Running in the path of horses and riding bikes in the ring is unacceptable. I am actually pretty tolerant of kids at shows and understand it's difficult to keep an eye on them every second of the day as well as attending to the horse or rider competing but as RPS said, the parents will be the first to squeal when their kids get hurt and it's not fair on the people competing.

ETA. Oh ... I didn't realise that was you either arylin ... :)

19. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

My horses are used to noisey kids, mine is 3.5yrs and his nanna looks after him while I do the horses, drags green bins around, bashes and bangs things, screams and throws tanties and drags shovels on the driveway haha. Feel free to bring your horse round to de-sensitise him/her to toddler hell**)

20. RPS

RPS Well-known Member

Agree, I think that even if your horse is completely bomb proof re kids doesn't mean every one elses is. I would be horrified if my horse injured a kid that ran into the ring ( even though it shouldn't be there ). Unfortunately though we don't always have 100% control - check out the disclaimer wording we need to sign.