SHC Classic & Newcomers Results

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by thorne, May 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yikkers

Yikkers New Member

Very true MPKG.

Congrats to all winners, its great to see some stunning and deserving winners. I also think its great to see people who put the work into the horses themselves come out with the win. I am friends with all who won and some of them have put a good year - 2 yrs work into their horses to come out on top, so good on them.

2. drifter

drifter New Member

Showing and politics

I got on this thread just to see how shows go down South. There were somebeautiful horses and people out there from what I can see of photos and nice comments posted to each other.
    But was sad to see that some comments of politics are from some stockies that were also commenting on the Karratha Show thread. It was a bit double standards as these people were not up here for that Show but are making the same comments about this SHC necomers show as they did about ours.
    Obviously showing is the same all over the State and Nation probably and if you cant deal with the dramas that come with it as it will always be there( as the majority of us are women LOL)and have children and will always like to prevent them from being hurt mentally maybe you shouldnt be there. We are only human and unfortunately we make bad decisions and good ones so hopefully riders and judges can learn from them. As another Stockie said if you have a judge you do not like or may not like the type of horse you ride are you better of at shows that host a different jude? Yes its something that shouldnt happen but as there are not many judges out there some results are going to be predictable. In saying that there are many horse and rider combos that deserve their awards as well as they all put the hard work and long hours into the sport but you dont stay at the top forever as there are always understudys waiting to make their debut.

3. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

i hav never once said they wer not quality animals of course they are , but so are the animals that are beaten they are also immaculately turned out i do not begrudge any1 ther win and congratulate them always , i cheer and clap as some of these winners are friends, the politics in this sport is rife and that is my opinion i dont ask any1 to agree i just speak my mind

4. MPKG

MPKG Active Member

I agree there are (ALOT of) politics in our sport I just don't think they where apparent at this show.

For once I think the judging was incredibly consistent and unpolitical (is this a word?).

What I am trying to say is just because a horse/pony is ridden by a 'name' doesn't mean it is political if it wins, quite often it is the nicest horse anyway.

Happy faces everyone, remember we show horses for "fun" lol

5. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Wouldn't it be nice if at the NEXT show EVERYONE was happy, cheered on everyone, even strangers and physically went up and congratulated all the winners. Lets see if people can make the effort to be nice and friendly to all persons at the event, what a nice day it would be.

Be nice people it doesn't take much effort and it really doesn't hurt. The jealousy hurts more. And wouldn't you feel better at the end of the day ?

6. Raw Prawn

Raw Prawn Well-known Member

Just because they/we were not at that particular show does not mean they/we dont know the horses/riders and what they are capable of **)

7. mod 2

mod 2 Moderator

This topic has more than run it's course and is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.