SHC Classic & Newcomers Results

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by thorne, May 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dharma

Dharma New Member

I was there on Saturday, its a shame to see the nastiness and green eyed monster that is overshadowing the winners who were all well presented, quality ponies, and were very deserving winners. Maybe some people need a lesson in good sportsmanship and a good think about what they are teaching the kids, who no doubt are hearing all this on the sidelines.
    Oh and by the way, we had a newcomer entry and gave our very sincere congratulations to the winner, I wonder how many others did the same.......

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  2. Serenity

Serenity Well-known Member

Thanks for that Liv, and I am still waiting to see some photos of your Buddy baby :p

3. Nanna

Nanna Well-known Member

The Pateman family come to Perth all the way from Margaret River and do most of their showing down in the South West

That is why not many of us have seen their horse before

Congratulations to them - they are a fantastic team who always prepare the most lovely horses and ponies and are always very competitive - and travel all that way (as many others do) - me I live around the corner **)

4. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Pateman's small hack was beautiful, I don't think i've seen him out before either, but he is certainly one beautiful animal indeed and might I add very well ridden by Brooke.

P.S. WW I want to see some gorgeous photos as well.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  5. Wildwood

Wildwood Well-known Member

yeah he is a lovely horse. Carla said she had tears in her eyes as he was presented with the win, its so nice when you breed the horse and it comes out and wins at his first big show! Very lovely horse and it was a big surprise to all involved.
    Yeah yeah yeah.... I'll try to take some soon hehehe

6. Fe

Fe Well-known Member

Brooke is based down south and has been campaining Jester for the patemans for a while now. She only comes to Perth for the big shows. She also did well on the newcomer Galloway Karma Park English Boquet. She has done an amazing job on this mare in such a short time.

7. Random_Winger

Random_Winger Well-known Member

Yahoo go Issues for getting champ hack :D
    And also yahoo for Matty riding runner up :D

8. tumbletoots

tumbletoots New Member

My galloway got runner up, I was soo happy with him and little courtney rode him beautifully to win her rider.
    I thought that this was one of the rare unpolitical shows. I thought that the right horses won, they are all amazing animals and worked well. So I don't really know what everyone is saying.
    It seems a little rude to read when you just qualified for GN, that everyone thinks the show is rigged. oh well.
    I think ALL the winners were FANTASTIC and very deserving. The judges were also lovely and gave great feedback. They seemed like they wanted to be there unlike some we have had at big shows in the past.

9. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

well said tumbletoots and i apologise for not knowing your name in an earlier post i only know dear grumpy scotty!! :D:D ;)

10. Wildwood

Tumbletoots you must have been so thrilled to have qualified on Scotty at your first GN qualifying show together!! He was looking great and massive congrats!

11. tumbletoots

tumbletoots New Member

Ha ha I think I have everyone a little confused. I got reserve little galloway not big. Oscar not Scotty

12. tumbletoots

tumbletoots New Member

Riding the heavyweight!!!!

13. Wildwood

lol Oscar looked great too hehe sorry H

14. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

hey fatty poombah pony owner!!! that was very funny... well worth a good giggle!

see!!! you had no need to be worried!!! my god woman!! you looked sensational, your pony looked amazing........ and look at your result.... i didnt see you after the weight class to wish you luck for the champion class but well done hun!!!

15. tumbletoots

tumbletoots New Member

Thanks heaps Oldhack and Wildwood. I had some very big boots to fill after last year and was very very happy with the little chap.

16. HorseaGal

HorseaGal Active Member

Newcomer Small Show Hunter Pony was Foxglove Pollyanna ridden by me!

Runner Up Newcomer Small Show Hunter Pony was Foxglove Pollyanna owned by Sarah Christmass. My profile picture is of Foxglove Pollyanna taken at Newcomers and I'm riding her!

17. HorseaGal

HorseaGal Active Member

18. HorseaGal

HorseaGal Active Member

yes WELL DONE Lenny (Issues) and Polly couldn't have behaved better! Can't wait until our next show!
    Oh by the way this is Tara lol:D

19. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

nic u will always get complaints at shows its the nature of the beast ... take shc hoty last yr, ther wer numerous complaints regarding scoring and 1 helluva hoo hah over who qualified and who didnt, even by competitors whose ponies/horses had already qualified yet they still saw fit to winge , so it works both ways , all i want is to be beaten fairly and not be beaten by names its not much to ask is it???????#(

20. MPKG

MPKG Active Member

if you are saying you where not beaten by quality I don't really think that is fair, in my opinion all of the horses that won where deserving wether they where ridden by 'names' or not. Those people that are well known win so much because there horses are of excellent quality, after all that's how they get there names in the first place.

I tend to think this conversation should end here as it is not fair to take away the credit from those that have worked extremely hard and earnt there success. I am a close friend of one of the people that did very well on the weekend and I can assure all of you that you could not find a less political person. As I said earlier congratulations too all who won and all those that made the effort to be there :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.