Share your riding pics.

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by nannygoat, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Nattyh

Nattyh Guest

All your photos and ponies are beautiful :)
    I hope I will able ale to make a contribution before I turn 100 :cool:
    Anyway, I just popped in here to perve on Miss Shilo but, shock and horror, she is nowhere to be seen! What's that all about ';'';'

2. princeton

princeton Well-known Member

She is looking great Nanny....and you look awesome in that saddle....are you a newly converted KN person? **)

I have only ever seen you ride in the Isabelle?

3. Salinero

Salinero Well-known Member

So many gorgeous horses and lovely riders on Stockies! :)) Great pics everyone!

4. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

My favourite picture of all time of me and my best friend.
    [​IMG]

Photo credit to E4E

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Charlie1

Charlie1 Well-known Member

Love looking at everyones photos
    From our recent trip to Kalgoorlie and kellerberrin. Camped out there for 12 days and had a great time

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    At Kellerberrin finally figuring out this canter stuff
    [​IMG]
    Cheers Jade

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  6. GoWelshCobs

GoWelshCobs Well-known Member

love all the purple :)

7. Bunnies

Bunnies Guest

Shilo pics on page 1 Nattyh......

8. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Totally agree! I just love to see people out riding their horses and some truly lovely ones here.

Just Do It!!

Lol Princeton, yes your eagle eye is correct, that is a KN.

9. Orlaithe

Orlaithe Well-known Member

I never contribute to these threads so I figured I might change that :D
    This is my ride, a Welsh cob stallion a month or so ago. He has been coming into work after several years off and is turning into a lovely dressage horse. Saddle fit is one of the biggest challenges, trying to find something that works for us both!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Remaani

Remaani Guest

I hardly ride thanks to lower back issues (but i def miss it & now with exercising & regular massage, i can ride more often).

Just recently on the beautiful Spok. LOL re my trackie daks it was casual Sunday out doing horsey stuff! ;)

[​IMG]

11. Eventer4Ever

Eventer4Ever Well-known Member

Well I've had a really tough last month or so..

Have been having such an amazing year that when everything came crashing down... so did I :(

Still trying to drag myself up, but I'm sure I'll get there.

Disappointment in yourself is definitely one of the hardest things to overcome :(

But here is my boy.. my very best friend.. love him to pieces...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Marz

Marz Well-known Member

Skye learning that being on the bit isn't all about where she puts her head... we actually had a much better ride the day after, but no one had the technology to grab the evidence... (look at that sexy reach from underneath ;) )
    [​IMG]
    from Wally in June
    [​IMG]
    from our Wally SJ round
    [​IMG]
    and from a jump lesson a couple months ago, I think they were about 1m... biggest height I'd done in a long while...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, since I've stopped riding ponies, and started riding horses (namely Skye) I've had comments on my position improving! yay! less duck bum and hunched shoulders... I'll try and ride tomorrow and con someone into being my photographer

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  13. sollywolly

sollywolly Well-known Member

Might as well put some of Kat up..
    riding Destiny for me..
    [​IMG]
    riding Bubbles..
    [​IMG]
    and Princess..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Bunnies

Bunnies Guest

Why no trail rides Nannygoat? No criticism just asking because I don't ride out either. Years of riding a hot horse made me too scared to go out and now with a more sensible horse I'm still scared....now I'm interested in everyone's reasons for what they limit themselves to.

15. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

I should quantify that by saying no unsupervised trail rides lol which means I have to float to meet up with friends.

The last time I went for a bush ride up here, she shied at a walk and dropped me in the dirt, I got hooked up in the monkey strap and broke my finger and she disappeared at a rate of knots up the road.
    I didnt have a phone (not that that would have helped as limited service anyway) and altho it ended well it could have been very different.

The time before that she shied at something on the side of the road and backed into a travelling car (you think the fkr might have slowed down as it was pretty obvious there was a problem!)

So it is not so much that I am scared, but more the sensible option of self-preservation. And as you get older with many commitments I dont think you can just have the gung ho attitude of 'she'll be right' so I dont blame you for how you feel either.

She goes out to comps 2 weekends out of 4, hacking, jumping or dressage. We certainly dont get stuck in an arena.

16. Exposure02

Exposure02 New Member

Eeeeeek ok...I'm going to do it.....share a couple of on horse pics!

These were taken from a video recorded the other night of me jumping my Johnno. We have had the crappiest start to what was supposed to be 'our year'. But we have just started to recover from my fall where I fractured my pelvis in march. Johnno had some issues which got me questioning alot of things. But for the past probably 2 months now....this horse has had a 180 spin on his attitude and progress...I'm so happy and proud of us! He is suprising me each ride now with his happy go lucky willing to please and do more behavior! Could not be more in love with him!

I've not been a huge jumping fan, mostly because I didn't have the confidence to give it a go much. Trotting 45cm freaked me out! Now....I'm jumping around 55cm in a nice steady canter and I'm so freaking loving it! And so is he!!!

So here are my pics! Please don't criticize my riding as I know we look like poop! Haha I'm just stoked as it is!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

These are from back in January. I hadn't ridden since then and King has been at a trainer the last 6 weeks furthering his education:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  18. IbanezGirl

IbanezGirl Well-known Member

this is from the first time i rode him, long ago. he took my breath away. and made me sad at the same time knowing he would always be out of my budget.....funny how things worked out.

[​IMG]

and from earlier this year
    [​IMG]

19. Bunnies

Bunnies Guest

Happy to say I'm not stuck in the arena either Nannygoat - I ride all over my own property, round the firebreak, in and around the paddocks, I just don't venture outside my front gate. There isn't any actual bush riding area close to me and to reach the nearest bridle trail is around 2kms away and would involve riding along and across roads to get there.

I honestly think I would venture outside if there was bush to ride in somewhere really close, it's the 2km ride along the road that's stopping me (and your comment about the "fkr" not slowing down tells me my fears are not unfounded).

Thinking about how I feel when I ride these days, I don't think "scared" actually describes it after all - when riding my hot horse I often felt scared (physically scared with adrenalin pumping and a knot in my stomach!!) but with the more sensible horse I ride now I feel slightly nervous but I don't have the physical feeling of fear clutching at my stomach. I think what I have now is just a mature person's sense of self-preservation as you said Nannygoat plus I think I'm in the habit of being a bit nervous after years of riding the hot one.

Sorry everyone, this thread is supposed to be for photos and I'm not posting any! I must say there are some great pics here, lovely horses and people having a wonderful time - good to see!!

20. CMBR

CMBR Well-known Member

Awww these photos are making me miss riding so much!!!! Cannot wait to get my bum back in the saddle :)

NG - Wow shes looking amazing - you two look great together :) Cant beleve how much she has matured..

I have a photo of my riding jack at the breakers last year...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and when he came home
    [​IMG]