SHARAWAY !!!!!! and all "natural horsemanship" LOVERS

Discussion in 'Training Horses' started by smash, Jun 28, 2010.

1. smash

smash Well-known Member

shaza, i thought you might like this natural horsemanship because it is
    THE REAL DEAL !!!!!!!
    now this it just pure talent, got to love this stallion.
    western and dressage, EAT YOUR HEART OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!
    ohhh the talent of this girl and her horse, is truly AMAZING !!!!!

Gotan Libert? by Cl?mence Faivre on Vimeo

2. MyShadowfax

MyShadowfax Well-known Member

Dammit!

Can't watch it on my stupid computer lol

3. sandalwoodpark

sandalwoodpark Active Member

thats pretty bloody good!!!

4. BillyBob

BillyBob Well-known Member

Amazing though I was cringing a little when she was mounted during the rearing!

5. Cassie 76

Cassie 76 Active Member

Mmmm... lots of cool tricks she has tought her horse, is that liberty? Wish I was that good though, lots of time and pateints I bet.

6. Faxie

Faxie Well-known Member

pretty darn cool 'eh! i reckon she could refine it down even more on the ground with using the stick less, he is following her body so stick not needed as a cue only need to use as a back up, but hell i cant comment i cant do most of that, some yeah but not much of it PMSL!!

It all starts on the ground she might have started off by wriggling ropes but you refine it as you go along and transfer the groundwork to in the saddle. Awesome! If only we could all reach that level of horsemanship and partnership with all our horses! What an athletic horse wow!

They aint tricks, that horse is at liberty (ie not attached by ropes to person) so can choose to leave at any time. And believe me if you pose the question wrong or in an offensive way they do leave LOL!

Thanks Smash ;)

7. smash

smash Well-known Member

mate, they are all tricks, make no mistakes about that LOL
    but damn nice stallion

8. Faxie

Faxie Well-known Member

Hey Smash interesting. Just wondering why do you call the movements tricks? what do you think in your opinion actually constitutes a trick? Probably the only thing that might border on a trick IMO is the rearing, i would personally never teach a horse to do that. Unless you are of the Spanish school of thought there isnt really a call for that kind of movement in the current competition world.

The horse looks like he is yielding pretty softly to my inexperienced eye? yes he is following the cue of the stick, but i think if she chucked it he would follow her body language.

Do you mean that piaffe, passage and one time changes under saddle in a dressage test are really a trick?

The horse didnt look like he was being 'made' to perform anything to me..

9. smash

smash Well-known Member

faxie,
    when a dog is trained to commands, they are called tricks (sit, fetch, drop etc etc)
    horses are no different, simply asking a horse to go from walk to trot, is just a trick.
    give the cue, the animal obeys, tis a trick.
    any cue/command/aide is a signal for a trick to be followed.
    trick is not a dirty word, it is just what it is, but people like to "fluffy" it up a bit LOL LOL

10. montygirl

montygirl Well-known Member

11. crumpetsrntyum

crumpetsrntyum Well-known Member

Just amazing, thanks so much for posting.

12. CDA

CDA Well-known Member

very impressive...helps when you have spanish horses ;)

13. CDA

CDA Well-known Member

The Piaffe she was doing was definately what I consider to be a 'false' or trick piaffe, and of course the rears, bows and spanish greeting are all tricks - performed at liberty!

super impressive I thought!

14. Anna E

Anna E Guest

I'll bite...
    CDA what's a false or trick piaffe? (genuine question from a non dressage preson!)

15. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

The Piaffe shows exactly how its trick training...

See video for what a "correct" Paiffe should look like

Piaffe - Bing Videos

16. CDA

CDA Well-known Member

it is having the hind quarter 'bouncing' up and down, with the front legs coming too far under the body of the horse towards the back legs...an easy thing to teach horses by tapping their croup...at first very hard and then softer and softer until they learn.

Also a true piaffe should have the croup low, and the back legs active, but lifted lower than the front legs..this way, you can see the real collection required in a piaffe, where the forhand must be lighter than the hind end.

17. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Thanks CDA, was going to add that but got distracted looked at Utube Piaffe videos lol

18. Anna E

Anna E Guest

Thank you oh masters of dressage...:} Poor ol' endurance me will watch and learn when I can get my b****y computer to play the videos...

19. CDA

CDA Well-known Member

mmm not sure about the 'master' bit..yet lol!

20. Faxie

Faxie Well-known Member

Agree with the fact that some of the movements are tricks or not quite correct in the terms of the masters.. i noticed the horse isnt really in the 'correct' latitudinal and longitudinal body posture but hell its still way impressive! You've gotta take into account that horse's (for want of a better word LOL) 'natural' body posture and temperament and the fact that he is a stallion. I'd like to have my horses perform half that stuff on any given day LOL!

Its hard to compare teaching dogs to teaching horses.. a dog is a predator and a horse is a prey animal.. different incentives for each..