Shades of Buckskin.

Discussion in 'Colour Questions' started by Remaani, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Jaana

Jaana Well-known Member

Sassy, i think i just died from cute of that bottom photo!

2. katelol

katelol Guest

What Jaana said!

You are going to have to take into account the teddy bear gene that this pony clearly has :p

3. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

lol he is pretty cute isnt he :p I am a little biased tho!!! :D

4. mineees

mineees Gold Member

hes just soooooooper cute...:):):)

5. Tintara

Tintara Well-known Member

I suspect quite dark - possibly black or brown buckskin (remembering that blacks are often born silver looking).

6. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Thanks Tintara! I dont really care what colour he ends up but I do love the real creamy buckys best (Like Kat & Riley!). Some days he looks lighter than others, but he is also on black dirt which probably doesnt help :p
    [​IMG]

7. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Yes I agree, darker Sassy.

Below are photos of our two born, and I'll get some more recent ones of the motley pair.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now what do you think these two will end up ???

8. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

And this is our colt when he was born, out of a brown mare by a pally stallion and he is jet black now with no brown bits except the creamish hair that grows out of his ears.

[​IMG]

His colour now;

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  9. Gerbra

Gerbra Well-known Member

Riley has changed colour suprise suprise, lol He is a nice golden colour on his bum cheeks, but a lot darker down over his shoulders, and his ears are brown, and has brown muzzle, and he also has jet black hair coming through on the back of his hocks? so who knows

He's like a kinder suprise every time im home from work :)

10. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Haha love the kinder surprise. Yes they are amazing these buckskins, they always seem to keep us guessing.