Serpentine ODE no. 1

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Ridelikeyoumeanit, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Pocket Rocket

Pocket Rocket Well-known Member

Didnt have a bad weekend :p

Finished on dressage score :)
    that being ummm higher then 60's *#)
    But he is a stress head and got spooked at the misbehaving pony that was coming past and from that point could never get him back :(
    But hey first 1 for the year and didnt come off so **)

He was a power house on the xc course and really boosted confidence up as was having serious doubts lately.

SJ wasnt the prettiest but we breaking his lil habit and we got around clear :)

Only have a few pics but they are uploading

2. Pocket Rocket

InkibahD
    [​IMG]

SJ :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I really loved the last jump in the SJ haha my friends thought it was scary... i was just thinking if i still have my tiny poles *#)

And xc :)
    [​IMG]

3. Purdey

Purdey Active Member

what happened?? did someone get runover by a horse???

4. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Looking good Pocket Rocket!

Had a great weekend!! Was looking for a completion as we find the D grade XC bit tricky and have been eliminated at our last 2 attempts. Dressage was super, was sitting up with the leaders. Great SJ round - training over summer has really paid off!! And XC he was a superstar, didnt look at any of the jumps I was worried about and just had the 1 stop, not completely his fault though I was getting tired (it was the middle of the day and soooo hot!!) and didnt ride as aggressively as I needed too. Thrilled though, we have had some confidence issues in the past and I really feel like we are getting somewhere now!!! Finished up 9th out of 20 :)

Thoughts go out to the woman that was hurt, also too the poor rider as well. Hope everyone is doing OK.

5. Pocket Rocket

I didnt stay to find out what i had come but there was alot eliminated in SJ!! But i still needed the others to get a stop hahahahahaha :p
    Think i moved to 15th out of about 20 cause 5 of them got emilinated haha

And thank u lakota means alot :)

6. sollywolly

sollywolly Well-known Member

Well done everyone :)*
    You did great Lakota, well done for your results **)

We had an interesting weekend with Princess. She was in season so fell in love instantly and wouldn't settle for dressage and the most of saturday. She was pretty chillaxed Sunday morning but got pretty excited about jumping so was strong. Ended up refusing the second half of the double and knocking Kat in the head. It was messy but they finished with one pole and one refusal.
    Kat says she could have ridden it a bit better but you learn from these things..
    XC was alright (they had a good hoon :p). Went around the first half well (excited and looky at first but settled well) but ended up getting eliminated at the coffin/ditch...I dont think Princess has ever jumped one before (Kat either) so was a little confused. Going to find a course or something to hire out to try some more stuff like that with her.
    Just wasn't their weekend but thats fine... had to happen some time :p heheh
    Had great fun camping as well :p

Have 600 odd photos of Kat and friends so might pop some up later..

7. Pocket Rocket

I was so suprised of how many packed up and went home!!!

Yeh i had the bright red float and horse to match in the middle near xc course : P

8. sollywolly

sollywolly Well-known Member

So was I actually! We were actually first going to go home but changed our mind..
    I think because it isnt as far some of the other courses they didnt really NEED to camp..
    We at the start of the grass area. Had the green float and Gosnells banner up :p

9. Pocket Rocket

Yeh it only took us an hour and bit but we enjoy camping.... Even tho when u go to jump into your camp bed with blow up mattress that it had a hole in it!!

Hahaha yep walked past you guys more then i would of liked!
    Clubrooms float
    Then back again hahaha

10. Natty and Nell Forever

Natty and Nell Forever Well-known Member

Well! Firstly, thank you Serpentine Horse and Pony Club. They did and excellent job with the circumstances today and ran a great event.

Secondly, A HUGE thank you to my best friend (on here she is JellyBelly) who was my helper, strapper, calmness giver, photographer, videographer and everything else in between. She went above and beyond this weekend and I cannot thank her enough! She is truly amazing, so thank you babe! :D

Thirdly, I would like to thank super pony Reuben. Our first event of the season, our first event together! With 42.6 pen in dressage where he warmed up beautifully and then produced a nice test with just me and my nerves getting in the way!

Showjumping was awesome, went around really nicely with just my line up to a jump costing us a rail but I take full responsibility for that and he did the rest perfectly. :)

XC, WHAT A SUPERMAN! He was so relaxed but switched straight on to everything I asked of him, a little propped at the water but we got through it fine, nothing fazed him and it takes a hell of a jump to make him back off! So 0 jump pen and 2 time pen for going too fast! :p Mum needs to learn to slow down haha!

So all in all we ended up with 3rd place! Very proud of my pony :) Thank you to every one who helped me out, it is greatly appreciated! :D

11. Starshine

Starshine New Member

I had a lovely weekend, we also camped as I decided I rather not get up super early on Sunday morning :p

Maz warmed up fantastic for the dressage, but then on the way to our arena he spotted the XC jumps and that was the end of my nice and calm pony! Still he did a nice test, but my class had some really really nice horses in it that did amazing tests. So we were towards the bottom of our class.

I have to say walking the XC I got a little worried as Maz hadn't seen a XC course in 18 months before today, and it was only his 6th ODE so the bounce down the three steps, and the coffin had me a little worried. But it was all for nothing as he came into the steps, lined them up, and just popped down them like they were nothing. Same with the coffin. But he is a bit of a princess and the water was a little to icky for him to go into, so wasted a lot of time trying to get him in! So quite a few time penalities for us. But I had the best time, and got so so so much confidence from it :D And added to all of that, he showjumped like a superstar. He has never been the cleanest of jumpers, and usually brings down a pole or two. But not today! So clear again :D

Didn't get any pictures though, but mother did film my showjump round and some of my XC :)
    Serpentine One Day Event March 2012 - YouTube

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  12. Bella2

Bella2 Guest

Saw lots of stockies from a far :) Well done to everyone who completed..

Hope the lady injured makes a quick recovery :(

13. Roleysgirl

Roleysgirl Active Member

Happy with my weekend! My little WB filly did an OK test, some really nice stuff where she let all that movement show through and other parts where he main focus was where her friend was! Then in the SJ she knocked 2 rails! Slightly embarrassed by this but I'm told knocking jumps that arent above eye level is a very warmblood thing :/
    But still coming 4th after this until the XC where the very blonde rider took the wrong track and ended up riding parallel to the fence before circling, a stop :/ opps!!

And my lovely old horse and his even lovlier new rider won the C grade from start to finish after only 3 weeks together! Go the grey horses!!

14. Sportsmans Image

Sportsmans Image Active Member

had an absolute ball!
    zack gave everything his all and i couldn't be happier.

everyone did so well! fell in love with so many horses (InkibahD yours was one of them!) and everyone was lovely and friendly. was great to have a group from pc supporting each other there too :)*

best wishes to the jump judge and everyone involved. what a horrible thing to happen on such a wonderful weekend.

15. beaudacious

beaudacious Well-known Member

I had a great weekend :)

Dressage was a little bit messy. Beau was feeling fresh so we spent alot of time snorting and carrying on like a porkchop. We did manage to get both canter leads first time though and we didnt break stride or pace so that was a plus :)

Showjumping wasnt very pretty but we got over clear.

XC he was a superstar. I was worried about him stopping at the trakehner, the steps and the coffin as he doesnt normally like it when the ground disappears but he flew over everything without hesitation **)

In the end we finished on our dressage score and came around 8th in our class i think :)

16. InkibahD

InkibahD Well-known Member

I had a fairly good weekend good start to the year, lots to work on in the B grade
    we started with a 51.1 dressage score, XC was super except for a fair bit of time, need to do more work on teaching smokey to turn and galop at the same time (hes a little bit unco at speed) which he really shouldnt be. SJ was a bit of a disaster i really put him in some terrible positions on a couple of them, ended up with 4 rails but coz we started on such a good dressage score we still got 4th!!!
    very happy
    Thanks for the pics pocket rocket :) its cool to put a face to the SY log in :)