selling the problem horse

Discussion in 'Problem Horses' started by corporate pride, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Brew

Brew Well-known Member

Right now - well done and go you !! The horse gets a chance and you can move on.
    I have trained horses all my life and my father before me and I know how hard it is to give up on a horse.
    Best wishes

2. corporate pride

corporate pride Well-known Member

thanks brew!!! :)
    i hope all goes well with this horse i''m trialing....everyone says tha't he's really quiet and relaxed with me so i guess the way i ride and the way he wants to be ridden is the same :) i hope he's a good boy out and can handle the scarey truck winch (it's sounds like it's slowly dying a painful death LOL) and have the patience to wait all day for the ramp to lift LOL. if he fits into what i need and want then he's all mine :)

oh and someone commented on the retirees being passed on....just so u know i got ozzie who put me back together when i was in pieces from my horse before him. i've had him 5 1/2 years and he's not going anywhere...he's stuck with me :)

3. Brew

Brew Well-known Member

Horses are lots of things to lots of people. If it helps I have had horses that I cannot do anything with that I have moved on and they have done well. take what you have learned from the horse and use it to help yourself - Even the worst experiences have some positive aspects - Even if only what not to do.
    Horses dont much care how flash we think we are they will keep trying to teach us more
    I think you did the right thing.

4. Eoroe

Eoroe Gold Member

Im glad youve been able to find a solution and you are at peace with as well.

Its very sad to hear you got abuse......damm shame :(

Great to hear you have a new equine in you life **)

5. Beauvelour

Beauvelour Well-known Member

Glad it has worked out for you CP! Sorry to hear about the abuse you got!

6. corporate pride

thanks heaps everyone :)

i can't wait to get this horse to Henty to see what he's like out and if he's good, he' all mine :) :)

7. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

cant believe some ppls- abuse you in an email for being Honest WTF is wrong with them !!>??? :mad:#(

anyway glad you've sorted it all out- and I'm very glad he's has a chance **)

Cheers
    Lee

8. Jbear123

Jbear123 Active Member

9. corporate pride

hi Jbear - the person abusing me IS from henty.....go figure - i go called irresponsible.

thanks CG and JB and everyone else for your kind words :)

JB u WILL see me out at riding under the lights on thursday night :) (hopefully)

10. Funny_Farm

Funny_Farm Active Member

Hey Matey,
    I am so glad he going back to his old home, will keep a watchful eye on how he goes the big poop head, lol....
    Glad you were not seriously hurt though, never nice to be in those situations... Sounds like the new horse is gonna work out well, all fingers crossed for you.... Dont worry about those people who abuse you, a mutual friend sent me copies of the emails and i say, dont fret you did the right thing in being honest and upfront which i cant say for alot of people out there...
    Keep us informed on how the new boy goes...
    Cheers Chell:D

11. Jes_bm

Jes_bm Active Member

I think I no what horse your trying and he is quite lovely **) I also think I no who at Henty is doing the abusing #( Good look with everything and I think you made a good decision, cant have been easy.

12. Sniggles

Sniggles Active Member

Hi :)

I know this is a little off topic, but i have seen a few of you say you ride at Henty Riding Club! I have just become a member there and was wondering what its like?

I have had a couple people say its really lovely and everybody is really friendly. I live in yarloop and would be going down most thursday nights for the riding under lights and doing the dressage training days etc, it would be really nice to meet some new people :)

Oh and I hope this horse you have on trial works out for you! Its really nice when you find a horse that you click with :)

13. Deb2

Deb2 Guest

Good luck with the new horse, and #(poor form to those that abused you for being honest.#(

Deb

14. biscay

biscay Well-known Member

Dont ever feel bad because you were honest...... A lot of horses are not quite good with one person, but great with another - and that is nothign personal. Its just what happens when you are dealing with two living animals with two living personalities.

So, with Thursday riding, what time does everyone get there???

15. corporate pride

gates open at 6pm, u need to be a henty member or pay the membership fee that night. i might get there way after 6 coz i finish work at 5, gotta drive home, grab my truck, drive to waterloo then load and go to dardy.............fffffffffewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!

16. corporate pride

come over and say hi to me, i got the big white truck with blue on it