Second Chance Show RESULTS!

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Smiley n Me, May 9, 2010.

1. Court Eagle

Court Eagle Well-known Member

We noticed this too! Good on you Gaia:)*

Does anybody know who was riding the stb in this ring?:)

2. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Awww, thanks Beth, you'll make me blush :eek:

I figure horses are in a walk/trot ring for a variety of reason, a couple of them being, its their first show, their riders are really nervous and some simply have trouble cantering in groups whether it be nerves or gaiting problems. Either way, they need to be encouraged as much as possible and try to learn to enjoy showing. :)
    Thank you so much for you kind words :)

3. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

Oh I didn't know Gaia was our judge in ring 4. Gaia you were so encouraging and made everyone feel welcomed and at ease. Great job :) Must admit I did notice it was OBHH in the ring next door, especially when after one of the classes I heard her shout to one of the kids about she was going to have one of the ponies. (something like "thats MY pony") LMAO

4. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

The kind words are the least that I can do. I truely believe that judges like you are hard to come by and that you need to know that you're appreciated otherwise you might stop judging. I started in the w/t rings and it's judges like you who helped and encouraged me so I am now out competing successfully in the w/t/c rings (even if I still nearly throw up every time I mount Hondy anywhere other than the arena at home!!).
    I figure that the more feedback you get, the more likely you are to continue to accept judging positions like these, and the sport needs judges like you!

5. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Great pics! I really wanted to go to this but it was to far away..

Looking forwards to the next one (and hoping its SOR haha)

6. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Thankyou Bethy, shame you didnt know, i would of loved to meet and say Hi. Yes as much as i love judging and encouraging people, i do think it is really important with the kiddies to make them relax, they seem to have this belief that judges are scarey people, so they need to have an enjoyable day. The best class was were i let them choose their own ribbon colour and alot did pick the pink. lol.
    They did nearly run me over when i asked for the circle but just goes to show their ponies are real gems because no matter how close they got, not one of them kicked or got upset, credit to their riding and their parents ability to find bombproof ponies.**) Thanks again for your kind words.

Oh easily could of taken home at least three of those ponies yesterday, classic kids ponies. Great bombproof and beautiful as well. The little dark dapple grey who missed out on champ and reserve, i just adore. I asked the little rider after if she still loved him even thou he didnt win, she said yes and i said "damm" i was hoping you wouldnt and then i could have him, she laughedand still said NO.
    Nothing better than a cute kid on a cute pony:D

7. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

great pics, jaana! thanks again for the lend of your gear, i super appreciate it. the bband really looks great on him!

8. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

ali, that was YOU on that stunning grey! very nice!~ i knew you were going but didn't get a chance to track you down.

9. Zegger

Zegger Well-known Member

100 % agreed, you gave great feedback. **)

10. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

big thumbs up for gaia and her lovely comments and encouragement in the walk trot ring. everything was so nicely put and the explanation why each horse placed where etc,

and no you cant take skye home :D

11. Jaana

Jaana Well-known Member

I didn't realise that was you Ali on the big grey other wise I would ahve come up to say hello.

And Blitzen you are most welcome :) he did look great in the browband.

12. RPM

RPM Well-known Member

Oh yes there were a couple in your ring that caught my eye as well. The dark dapple grey Welsh gelding one was to die for, I so wanted him as well. I am sure my little Miss T would have loved him as well :D

13. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

Hey Blitzen and Jaana, yes I spotted both of you but as my boy wasn't settling standing around for so long Nicki had me riding around keeping his mind occupied which really helped, so I didn't want to bring him over near the other horses incase he upset them. Also there were alot of people sitting on the grass near the rings and I didn't fancy running anyone over!! I spotted you with the camera poised afew times Jaana, when I'd finished riding I did look for you but you'd dissappeared. Have to catch up another time eh? I will have to check out your website 'cos in the photos on here I've spotted one of us trotting.
    Blizten your red boy worked really nicely, you must be rapped with him :) Don't know about anyone else but my legs are aching like mad today!! Old and unfit LMAO :)

14. kathyve

kathyve Active Member

15. brumby_78

brumby_78 Guest

Far out there were alot of stockies there..

I only spoke to Jaana, i saw a few tho, Magic, CWAC, owner of baldy

My daughter was in the W/T pony ring - riding my 22yr old mare :)
    It was both a first show for them, They both made me sooooo proud
    It was a wonderful Mothers Day :)

A Special thanks to Valencia Park Monty - The use of a few items, helping with the fancy dress :) and for coming down to see us. Skyllar & I were so happy you came :) xoxoxo

Special thanks to Zegger - Letting me use your float to get there and for ya dad reversing the float for me :)

16. Eminence

Eminence Well-known Member

i was there riding charlie in the w/t/c ring :)
    we ended up coming home with
    2nd best presented
    2nd in rider
    Reserve champion rider
    1st galloway
    1st lightweight galloway
    1st ladies galloway
    3rd ladies pleasure
    and then
    champion galloway :D

Lovely show and lovely judges who gave great advice :)

picture ->

charlie looking impressed after our win

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  17. I_love_equines

I_love_equines Well-known Member

I think my dad got some, although he has the frustrating attitude of "how many pictures of horses do you need" so he didn't take many. Then he left. I've got a couple, I'll have a scout around :)

18. brit_chick

brit_chick New Member

OMG - It's me! lol

Nearly peed my pants when I saw this on here! - can't wait to see the others

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

19. brit_chick

brit_chick New Member

This is my Boy! Didn't even notice it being taken - can't wait to see what others you have taken of us! This is a stunning photo. Your very good!

[​IMG]

20. KLP

KLP Guest

Hey Jaana, when will the photos be up on your site? busting to see them LOL :p