second chance beginner hack and fun day - whos going?????

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Dizzy_8, May 25, 2009.

1. SexyRitzy

SexyRitzy Well-known Member

Luca and Brad- lol i'm trying to decide the same thing but i will decide closer to the day haha

Question!

When it says plaited and un-plaited.... do i have to plait the tail as well??? LOL

2. lucas and brad

lucas and brad Well-known Member

Hehehe i usually decide the day before!!! If you plait the mane then i would say plait the tail, but if you dont plait the mane then leave the tail natural aswell**)

3. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

i think if u can canter your horse safely then it SHOULD be in the W/T/C ring..W/T rings are for horses that arnt cantering as yet or the rider does not feel comfortable cantering....JMO though.

4. SexyRitzy

SexyRitzy Well-known Member

Hmm might go unplaited then unless i can con someone else into doing the tail for me haha

Pinto- agreed... its a new horse so i'm waiting til closer to the day to decide if he will be silly or not to canter. **) i have 3 weeks between picking him up and going to show so plenty of time to work him out *#)

5. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

I don't think it matters whether the horse placed or not, once you ride official your stuck there, because of the new EFA rules. You'd have to ask the EFA if thats correct but thats my understanding/what I was told anyway :)

6. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Once your horse is official then it's official. It's a very clear line. Doesn't matter if the rider is not official, if the horse is then it shouldn't be there.
    The program states that the show will be run according to the EWA Unofficial Guidelines for the Open Pony, W/T and W/T/C rings.

You can still do the novelities and the fancy dress, but not the hacking classes.

SR... you don't have to plait your horses tail if you don't want to. You can leave it natural or clip it (you clip the sides) or plait it. It doesn't matter.
    This show is a great opportunity to practice your plaiting anyhow.

Though, if you really want your boys tail plaited I can always do it for you on the morning of the show. I'll be there early but my classes won't start until later (after the kids classes) so I'll have time to do it for you.

7. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

you can apply to have horse downgraded if rider is Unofficial**) Not sure how it works if you are not a member of the EWA? ...as this is an EWA ruling???

8. Dizzy_8

Dizzy_8 Well-known Member

damnit!!!

i cant go:(:(:( i got another poneh to pick up the week before, and i wont have the money:(:(

have fun everyone!!!

9. Spider n Toby

Spider n Toby Gold Member

Where is this show??

Thinking about taking a *VERY* hairy OTTB mare.. Will be her first show eeek

10. Dizzy_8

Dizzy_8 Well-known Member

irrelevent now:)

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  11. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Well if you are bringing him down why on earth dont you ride him?

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  12. Midas

Midas Well-known Member

I'm going ONLY i pony looks normal by then! :p

13. trippa

trippa Well-known Member

can some1 please email me the progrom at wattojr@hotmail.com

also im plaining on taking trippa and if plaiting isnt complosry im not gonna plait because for me fancy dress i need him inplaited(big suprse)i cant wait hehe

14. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Aw man Diz - why would you pull him down and not ride him ? :(

15. Karijini

Karijini Well-known Member

16. Firedance

Firedance Well-known Member

I'm doing the showjumping - 6 footers - time trial the whole lot!!
    Just kiddin *#)
    Yep I'm going to support Second Chance!! :p

17. BeccaBoo

BeccaBoo Well-known Member

I will hopefully be taking my boy :) Thats if I can convince my mate to come too/ take me there lol.

Just checking, the WTC adult classes dont start till after the junior classes? So I wont have to be there and ready to go at 8:30? I hope thats the case lol. Given the travel time to Armadale from Wanneroo.

I hope to be there. I will have my new saddle by then (it should arrive any day now) and Lark should be going a million times better too.

18. I have emailed everyone copies of the program/entry form. Still trying to work out why the file won't work off our website!!

19. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

would LOVE to take the fat brown pony, if andhi is still willing to give me a lift....

;)

just w/t tho. we only canter in straight lines, full pelt, lol.

20. Ok for some silly reason the file is perfectly fine until its uploaded and then won't work! SO... if you want a program/entry form please email info@schrar.org

Cheers!