second chance beginner hack and fun day - whos going?????

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Dizzy_8, May 25, 2009.

1. Skittled

Skittled Well-known Member

Hey, question about it. If I did the walk trot hack, does that mean I have to do the walk trot games? We are fine cantering by ourselves (like in games), but soon as I canter in the hack ring (or or near any other horse for that matter) my goof ball plays up.

2. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

I was wondering about that, but in reverse :D
    Having not really done any games, my horse may not cope too well if we have to canter. Too many scarey obstacles :eek:

3. I_love_equines

I_love_equines Well-known Member

I was wondering about that too :)

4. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

It would be preferred if you can stay in the same group as some may question why you did walk and trot hacking but had no problem cantering around in the games.

5. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Makes sense **)

6. Skittled

Skittled Well-known Member

Thats a bit silly IMO, people questioning that. Hacking and games are separate events therefore require different skill sets and discipline so to paint them with the same brush is silly. Not all horses can canter calmly around on the bit, so why would you comepete in a walk/trot/ canter class? But in games, it doesnt matter how high they shove their head (till you cope it in the head, then thats just not cool). The day is also about supporting the second chance horse gang, not winning ribbons, so why should people question such a thing?

But hey, if that's the rules, they shall be followed :)

*runs off to go practice not breaking gait*

7. horse girl Jess

horse girl Jess Well-known Member

Ever watched games ponies at the start of a race? Most are dancing on their toes and feeding of each other. I would have thought most horses who couldn't handle cantering in a hack group, couldn't handle horse cantering/galloping on either side of them (and rather close) in games. I think it's only fair to stick to WT or WTC.

8. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Booo.....Hiss peoples:p....have a go (as long as you are in control;))..it's a fun day. Their are no sheep stations on the program:)*

9. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Bumping..
    I hope theirs a hugee turnout to this show :)*

10. Dashbabe

Dashbabe Well-known Member

Pretty sure im going! will be great to do something different!! :D

yay games :D

11. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Skittled, it doesn't matter so much if they don't canter round as long as they canter safely (which is more likely in hacking than games). There will be lots of people whose horses don't go round!

12. dramaqueen

dramaqueen Well-known Member

13. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

i'm trying to talk benito & his mum into coming.. not sure if they will get there though.

14. nag

nag Well-known Member

Blitzen are u coming?

15. cass

cass Active Member

hey is there anyone coming from forestfield way as im going and if anyone has an spare spot in the float and dont mind givin my horse a lift.. hes in forestfield.... saves me going to toodyay and piking up the car and float.... please pm me...

16. GiGi

GiGi Guest

Can someone please email me the programme ?? I can't locate it on the website.....................

17. horse girl Jess

horse girl Jess Well-known Member

dramaqueen and gigi try on the other site (starting with C!), it's under programs.

18. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

This is so annoying! Why does it have to be on the day that it is!
    I have exams up until the end of this week, and when i sit down to study, i end up thinking of what i'll be doing at the hack day! Jeez this is difficult!!!

haha
    :)

19. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

yup, nag... as long as it isn't raining or storming in some way. i'm a wuss & i'm sure the pony would appreciate it.

20. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Yay hope to see ya their blitzen :))