second chance beginner hack and fun day - whos going?????

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Dizzy_8, May 25, 2009.

1. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

@)I'll say hi and chat (to anyone), so come park next to me LOL. Really well written Mel....agree 100%**)

2. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

beautifully written Mel!!! Completely true as well.
    Come along to have a fun day out with your pony and your friends and help support a great cause along the way.

It's not about what colour ribbon you get, it's about the partnership that you have with your horse and the fun that you have with your friends!

3. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

Well said Mel!
    I am going to do this for pure fun, as it reminds me so much of the old style gymkhana's I used to compete in as a kid at pony club.
    It will also be perfect for Tally.

4. I_love_equines

I_love_equines Well-known Member

ooh that would be good if we don't go!

I'm pretty sure I'm going, we're just seeing if my sister or Pel's owner's daughter is going. I'll let you know soon :)

5. Araphra

Araphra Well-known Member

I would so love to go and bring Joey! I'm not sure we can be ready in time, he hasn't been out anywhere since 2006 and that was only pony club lol. Plus not too sure how the float will go since it hasn't been used since then either (although it was all done up then) or if mum will even be willing to take us lol. And Joey's uber-fluffy and greasy, hasn't been ridden much lately

But it sounds like the perfect opportunity to come out and meet some stockies (although I'm terribly shy) and to get Joey out for the first time - the fancy dress and walk/trot games sounds like great fun and the way to go (especially since I don't understand hacking, bush bashers that me and Joey are), and it's supporting a great cause... ahhh indecisive!

Maybe I'll just see how Joey goes with our ride this weekend lol.

6. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Do it Araphra :)
    I'll hopefully be on new horse who will have legs warmers haha.. :)*
    It's just for fun.. and if everyone goes think how many horses Second Chance can help **)

7. horse girl Jess

horse girl Jess Well-known Member

ooh Tally will be there! I'll be keeping an eye out, I've always wanted to meet him! Please don't run away xD

8. Kiwigirl

Kiwigirl Well-known Member

Mel summed it up perfectly.

This day is to show support to Second Chance and to have some fun. It is not about winning all the ribbons. Just think of how many more ponies SC can save if we all go to this show - that is what it is all about.

I will be in the Walk/Trot ring, will be on the Big grey boof head (may have a magic BB on, if the sparkly chain gods are on our side :p) You will be able to pick us, I will be the one making a twat of myself *#) come say Hi

9. Araphra

Araphra Well-known Member

All right, I'm inspired :p. I've filled out the forms, I'll see how the fatboy goes this weekend being ridden - fingers crossed! I'll be the one on the wide loaded woolly bay standardbred that will no doubt be yelling at the top of his lungs at every horse he sees :D.

10. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Hahahaha :)*
    Hope to see you their

11. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

Kiwigirl are you going to have a go at any of the games, its the same price to do hacking and games as it is just to do hacking....go on, I will if you will :p
    We can do the bending poles, and its walk trot as well.....have i convinced you yet PWEASE:D

12. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Can't wait to meet you Zaza :D We still have a beach trail to organise :D

13. Kiwigirl

Kiwigirl Well-known Member

OK You have convinced me. I will do the games as well, although I will be riding a horse doing it's impersonation of a piece of 4x2 wood *#)

This is going to be fun!

14. Although last year a couple of little girls were deliberately holding their horses back so they could come 6th and win a pink one ;)

15. horse girl Jess

horse girl Jess Well-known Member

Hahaha! That's crack up! Will any SC horses be there?

16. SexyRitzy

SexyRitzy Well-known Member

If anyone sees me please come and say hi this will be my first show in Australia. Will be in the W/T ring with the weird coloured bay (body will be sorta buckskin legs will be red bay) he has a huge white star **)

17. At the very least, ONE SC horse is attending, hopefully more :) I am going to try to to encourage the foster carers of the ones that are ready for new homes to bring them so we can show them off to a wide audience too.

Not sure how many that are on adoption are coming - pretty sure Viento is coming though...

18. Playin With Fire

Playin With Fire Well-known Member

I'll be there with my lovely volunteers!! Looking forward to it, it will be a wonderful day!
    SR I will def support you and the TJ!!

19. SexyRitzy

SexyRitzy Well-known Member

Awesome look forward to seeing you again **) Should be interesting haha i haven't showed in about 7 years and I still feel all over the place after not riding for 2 months and TJ's trot is huge its taking a bit of getting use to haha my poor muscles don't know what to do atm *#):}

20. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

You too Wattle. :)
    Might have missed the boat on the beach ride for time being tho *#)