second chance beginner hack and fun day - whos going?????

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Dizzy_8, May 25, 2009.

1. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

Hahaha, thanks Kiwigirl, remember you do have a grey, i take my hat off to anyone who can keep a grey clean...you guys will look great...I am going to try and get there. And i would love to line up next to your handsome boy...Flynn is spunky.

2. trippa

trippa Well-known Member

haha im so exited, im doing wtc(unplaited).lol for my fancy dress i need him unplaited so meh ahha all for the fun, pitty its just one fancy dress class, all this work for one, i mean its all good fun, and a good cause that why im coming along, just an idea for some future shows, what do you guys recon?
    best idea
    best movie character,
    funniest etc, if you guys follow me drift(lol im bored i like new idea's)

3. horse girl Jess

horse girl Jess Well-known Member

I agree, or maybe a few more age divisions. There probably won't be much in the 18+, but lots in the under 18. Plus the littlies will have an advantage over the oldies, because they are so much darn cuter in costume!

I have an idea for fancy dress... not sure the pony is going to like it :D

4. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Yep 16 and under classes are always soooo full

5. I_love_equines

I_love_equines Well-known Member

Merrylegs can I pretty please have a program? Not 100% sure if we're going yet... but I want to! Sounds like it'll be good :D

Equinetopia@yahoo.com.au

6. Pinto Lover

Pinto Lover Well-known Member

I am soooo sad I knew that date rang a bell, just found out what it was, have an AGM on that day. I am sooooo sad I can't come now, also means poor Britney can't go either, how sad :(:(

7. horse girl Jess

horse girl Jess Well-known Member

It's on the 'other' site :) the one that starts with C!

8. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

I'm going!
    most probably :)
    On rahni pony in the walk trot ring :) We aren't confident enough to canter out yet. but we'll get there :) look for the feral chestnut rank gelding with a worried rider :eek: i'll be with alex :) haha

9. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

After the show all feedback will be greatly appreciated directly to me or Second Chance. We only want this show to get bigger and better!

Just remember, we can only fit so many classes in a day too. Also, for any official riders, you can't do the hacking but can do the novelties.

10. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

I'll be there in the W/T/C ring to keep you company Wattle. :)
    The last show I did I had a very ungraceful involuntary dismount that landed me on my ar$e right in front of the judge.
    NOT the way to impress in a rider class *#)

11. samm

samm Gold Member

If you involuntary mount this time Zaza make sure you do it facing me and remember to smile ;) :D

12. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

I'm trying not to make a habit of it.
    Smiley caught the last one on camera :p

13. Kiwigirl

Kiwigirl Well-known Member

tape a donut to you butt and it won't hurt as much

14. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Oh, I long for the day when the dismount is yours and I get a turn at taking the p!ss :D

15. Kiwigirl

Kiwigirl Well-known Member

Don't you worry my time will come, and when it does I can promise that the "dismount" will be spectactular (sp?) and you can laugh all you want - cos I will deserve it *#):p

16. I_love_equines

I_love_equines Well-known Member

ah! thank you ;)

17. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

if you dont bring your horse do you wanna come with me anyway??? I can pick you up on the way down the hill.....

18. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

:eek:
    sounds like heaps of people will be in the walk/trot classes!
    i have no hope! haha. i'll be with alex :)

19. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

GUYS! Dont be worried about how many are coming!!! Second Chance is a SUPER organisation and the more people that come, the more money they make, so the more services they can provide and ultimately, more horses they can rescue!

This is all about coming along and having a go, whilst supporting Second Chance!

There are many reasons why people go in the walk trot ring, so dont be put off by those that look awesome on the day or in other show pics on here, like Samm said, it's not the Garrowyn... lol. It's not about who thinks who should be in which ring, not who has worked their horse more. If you are only comfortable in WT, your training schedule only includes walk and trot at the moment, your nerves are bad, or whatever, (or if you drag your 22 year old injured retiree horse out that has been worked twice in 6 months) its OK!

Just come along and have a go. Sidle up to someone that looks like they know what they are doing, say hi and I bet you they are as nervous as you, or prepared to chat and keep you company.

And who cares if you dont have all the right gear. If you and your horse are safely attired and having fun, that is what this day is about. If we all looked the same, it would get very boring for poor Samm to take photos of us all.

I'll be there in the WTC ring (and in the fancy dress of course!!), but WT'ers as well as WTC'ers, please come and say hi!

OK... encouraging rant over.

20. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

:)*
    As long as i can trot a circle by than i'll be their :)* It's a really good cause!
    Will definately come say hi to you Magic lol.
    Does it matter if horse leaps into trot and i bounce to the trot? pmsl ;)