SEC indoor arena surface

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by chanel, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Its Party Time

Its Party Time Well-known Member

Your horse always looks nice MPKG!:D

2. MPKG

MPKG Active Member

*blushes* lol, thanks :)

3. Jump Off

Jump Off Well-known Member

I jumped on the new surface on Saturday and really liked it. Yes it still needs time to settle and did git a little boggy after a few horses went round but its only going to improve with time. I really liked the blue walls, they make it look a lot brighter in there :)

Well done SEC **)

:))

4. madcow

madcow Guest

Heiffer, Happy Gambler and myself gave it a test ride last Friday just after MPKG had finished in there.

Agree, the Blue walls are OK when you are actually riding in there and combined with the light coloured surface, the whole indoor is much brighter.

I think the surface will be good but just needs more compacting etc. It was boggy in a few places (esp in front of the judges den) but certainly ridable.

Great of the SEC to let us all ride in it for free though**)

5. himitsu

himitsu Well-known Member

Agree MC :) My horse's trot work was good in there, but perhaps he wasnt so happy with the surface at canter? Or maybe was just being a pig LOL! But i found it nice and springy, not slippery, and yes a little boggy but i am sure this will improve with use as said before.

And yep the colour change sure does make it brighter and bigger in there! Although my horse was spooky at first (he has been in there many times and was probably just spooking at the change).

Good on you SEC!

PS... MC were there any decent pics? if so send me them!

6. madcow

madcow Guest

LOL Griffin did look at the walls strangely when we first went in but he's also probably used to seeing them the former colour.

Mirrawee has the pics. From what I saw on her camera the only good ones were of you LOL Happy Gambler had a couple of good ones to LOL

7. himitsu

hellooooo! Mirrawee!!! hehehe i wanna see pics and im sure his owner would love me to send a pic to show he is still alive :)

8. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Will do them tonight when I get home ;) Haven't had a chance to get on the computer much this weekend LOL.

I know there is at least the one good trot shot of your boy then all the artistic ones *#) Wish I had figured out how to override the auto settings earlier in the evening - you lot are just going to have to go have another go ;)

9. himitsu

thanks so much for coming and taking pics :)

10. Happy Gambler

Happy Gambler Well-known Member

Ditto that, we had heaps of fun, although horse worked much better the following day *#)
    Piccies.....:}

11. himitsu

mine didnt... entire lesson spent on 10-15m circle getting him in right frame and using his back lol... think ill take up knitting!

12. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

What did you expect getting the poor pony up so early after a late night *#) Poor precious pony ROFL.

HG, at least I didn't get any "airs above the ground" opportunities ;)

No problems taking pictures, they are all spunky subjects :p Now just be patient... I do have a couple of hundred bad ones to get through to find the couple of good ones :D You lot will probably hope that Brooke is able to take over again though *#)

13. Happy Gambler

Actually I dont have any pics of that "movement", I think people are usually too busy running & screaming with jaws frozen open *#)
    Plenty of witnesses though LOL

14. himitsu

which precise movement is that then HG? LOL! cos i have airs above the ground pics as you know!

15. Happy Gambler

The one you saw at Gidge when he was tied to the float. Unsure what the technical word for it is LOL

16. himitsu

oh yes lol that movement is particularily interesting!

17. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Well after seeing HG's gorgeous young warmblood mare on Saturday for the first time........I am disappointed I havent seen Heed's airs above the ground now!*#) lmaol

18. Happy Gambler

Thx Babe, one horse that does those is quite enough for me *#)

19. himitsu

im sure H could teach E how!

20. Happy Gambler

*shudder* :eek: