SEC indoor arena surface

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by chanel, Jun 1, 2009.

1. tammyprez

tammyprez Well-known Member

who said we were complaining. chanel and cuddly_pony started this out as a conversation not a fight. i love the fact that the committee r trying to make a change. and reading some quotes and comments, i think it will thin out compact and become really good but if any1 red my comments... THEY WERE NOT AN ARGUMENT OR ANYTHING EVEN IF IT DID SOUND OFFENSIVE 2 THE SEC

2. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

Originally Posted by tammyprez
    EEEWWWW!!!!! nice photo lol. they really should of kept the old surface.... maybe they should of asked out siders what they liked. that really makes the commitee look bad
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

the above quote looks like you had a very opposing opinion which was one of the main comments i responded to....... your opinion it made references to the commitee looking bad..... dont see how :confused:

3. MPKG

MPKG Active Member

Well said N', there are 2 or 3 people in the discussion who are just being difficult IMO, after we have all explained they still aren't happy, allow me to recap, the old surface was very old and slippery and had to be replaced, we have been given the same surface that they had at the olympics, they couldn't replace the surface at any point in time in the near future that would allow enough time for the surface to be worked in so they allowed the kids to ride on it at the show as a lot of them don't get the opportunity.

As someone in here said earlier, i didn't like the extra fees at the sec but now I see things are actually happening I don't mind as much.

EWA are making GOOD changes and we should all be supporting them.

4. chanel

chanel Well-known Member

i started this out just as opinions.now its a fight.yer it will be good once its compacted a little.and its good that the SEC is putting loads of money,time,effort.all i wanted was opinions and thnx to every1 thats given 1.
    if you are riding on it soon plz post wat u think aboout it once yourve riddin in it,was it as good as you thought?

5. tammyprez

wot do u mean???

6. MPKG

MPKG Active Member

Tammyprez, in your post you said that it makes the committee look bad, she was saying that in your post you ARE complaining which you just told us all you are not complaining.

She was also questioning you on why the committee looks bad because of this which I am also wondering?

7. tammyprez

because of the bad colour coordination-like the brown seats and blue walls. and at first i thought the ground was going 2 b 2 boggy

8. tammyprez

i guess i was joining in on something i don't know about. i tend 2 do that alot. its a bad habit. sorry 4 causing any upsets or anything. i am a very bad person with extra bad habits

9. chanel

chanel Well-known Member

i know tam.i know

10. tammyprez

god help my bad habits:mad:

11. InkibahD

InkibahD Well-known Member

Im going to hopefully check it out next week, if i can get a booking after work that is and organise to pinch someones float for a few hours, looking forward to giving morgan something else to look at besides the arena at home he hasnt been anywhere since the SJ champs.

Does anyone know if there is jumps set up in there coz the email said it was free to SJ in there so have they set them up or what? help would be appreciated.

I will say one thing tho i took a peek at SJ champs nd i must say that blue colour they picked for walls is pretty gross it clashes with the green rafters and fruit n veg sighns around the place, but thats just a matter of opinion i guess, i will judge the surface for myself but im sure it will be fine once its worn in

12. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

How much does the indoor usually cost to hire?

13. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

14. DuncanPratt

DuncanPratt Well-known Member

Oh to be the Equestrian WA.

Don't do anything and you're buggered because everyone complains.
    Do something about it and you're buggered because everyone complains.

I spent some time walking round there today on a professional basis in connection with the proposed upgrades and whilst I can't comment on the suitability of the indoor surface there were a few horses going round with what looked like very little trouble.

The colours indoors make it a lot brighter today in Winter than it was for the Summer Series Dressage in the height of Summer. It will make greys stand out a lot better in photos against the walls too.

Good luck to EWA they are trying to make something of the facility.

15. Pixie5580

Pixie5580 New Member

Well I rode on it today and I think it's fab. It was a bit boggy up near the scary judges dungeon but I suspect that was because eveyone took the time to get their horses used to it.

With rolling and compaction and more horses on it, it's going to be a great surface. I think EWA are doing a great job and kudos to them for allowing us in for free!!

16. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

any improvements are great and long over due all the best to ewa its gonna be fantastic

17. horsesarelife

horsesarelife Well-known Member

Also wondering about whether the jumps are set up? It said they were avaliable for use...
    I'm off to have a ride on it tomorrow!

I think it's exciting getting it all done up :)

18. MPKG

MPKG Active Member

I rode on it this evening, I think it is excellent in there.

I was skeptical about the blue walls but once you are in there it is actually quite nice.

I didn't think the surface was boggy at all as it has quite a lot of spring to it, I was watching a small galloway go around in it without any problems and I doubt even small ponies would have any worries.

I think it is already getting better and better rapidly as the days go on but even if it didn't get any better than it is right now it is still beautiful to ride on.

Very very nice to ride on, probably the nicest surface I have ridden on.

19. Its Party Time

Its Party Time Well-known Member

Thats great to hear MPKG. Look forward to riding on it soon.

Good to hear that Greys look good against the blue walls too!

Well done I say to EWA.**)

20. MPKG

MPKG Active Member

My horse is grey, I am biased but I think he looked nice lol