searching this brand

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by Kim.o, Oct 12, 2018.

?
  1. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kim.o

Kim.o New Member

Hi everyone, I am trying to trace a horse by his brand, just to find out who he is.
    I have posted on a fabulous fb page but they are unable to find him.
    I have full permission by his owner.
    He’s a plain bay gelding, 18yrs according to the zero on the bottom of the brand, with a little half moon of white on his face.
    Was sold to the current owner as a warm blood. A6ED75AE-F723-4111-817B-E0EF820B4121.jpeg

2. Angimac

Angimac Well-known Member

Hi Kim, did you put him on Australian Brand Searches "Only" facebook page. It looks like the brand has been over branded again, if that makes sense. I am not on facebook but they have very good people on there.

3. Kim.o

Kim.o New Member

Yes I did, but amazing as they are, they couldn’t find it, mainly because they didn’t know what the top symbol is, such a shame.

4. Angimac

Kim hopefully someone will recognise it. The top bit is the one I thought was one brand put over the top of the other. Is there anything a bit further up?
    See crafty computer programs on those tv shows, if there was something like that in real life may be that would work.

To me the top looks like a half loop attached to a c done over a 2 with some funny bits attached to the end.

5. Angimac

Kim has the brand become any clearer after more warmer weather.

6. Kim.o

Kim.o New Member

Sadly, no. I’ve just accepted that I will never know who he was.

7. Angimac

Oh Kim I guess its a very hard brand to decipher.

I did see a Qld horse on the brand search site that the same O with something above it but brand was on butt.
    I suppose you have already tried putting a negative film type picture. I do not know how you do it.

8. Kim.o

Kim.o New Member

I’ve never heard of doing that, though I did make this one black & white to see if it would help. I think I can see it perfectly but the girls who search the brands can’t seem to find it. So I’m not sure if it’s incorrect or just not registered anymore.

9. Angimac

I am wondering it is an O (letter) or a 0 (zero) as it seems even lower on the Qld horse and I still think your horse's may have been branded over the top of.