SC hack/ fun day Results

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Maree4, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

Oh very lucky Chloe, she has a star of a pony with Westie.

hahaha, it was super easy to make, I am more than happy to share how I made mine :)

2. Nicki

Nicki Well-known Member

Congrats to all the participants yesterday, it was so lovely to see all the big smiles and happy riders! I was marshalling ring 1 in the morning and helping with the games in the afternoon, so good to meet everyone and help for such a good cause.

Well done to the fancy dress riders, what effort and imagination went into all those fantastic costumes, really amazing. Very fun day, I certainly hope this will be an ongoing event!

3. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

was it spud? i thought i recognised him?

4. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

haha, that makes me sound a bit sad with no friends! i just love my pony so much (he was VERY grumpy about the whole affair, he'll never make a good pony clubber with that attitude). he perked up a lot with me yelling in his ear.

5. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

hey beks, i LOVE ur little girl!!! she came into the practice ring & i said something about how pretty the chestnut's browband was & she was ADORABLE! telling me all about her being 20yrs old etc and how cool the bband is.

6. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

great pics, twotone! i've plonked the 2nd one on our desktop! very cool.

thanks so much for the nice comments everyone. tazzie was a superstar. still having trouble uploading my own pics to peebucket tho. grrrr.

7. Arab Lover

Arab Lover Well-known Member

we were there @)....did anyone see us... :(

8. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

what ring were you in, mate? i saw a number of sexy arabs there!

9. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

i know! ppl used to come just for the novelties. we even used to squeeze showjumping in as well - you'd do a hack class, then head over for a round of jumping, then finish hacking, have lunch, novelties in the arvo. big day for some of the horses tho. i loved novelties soooo much - had some real corker ponies for it. was my only chance for a ribbon too!

i guess the lack of helpers & volunteers must have caused the change? i was out of the loop for 10-12 years & haven't seen a gymkhana like the 'old ones' until yesterday! bring 'em on!!!

10. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

I wish there had been a hunter class...........all those XC jumps had me quite fixated :eek:

11. nag

nag Well-known Member

my daughter would agree wattle she was eyeing them off too lol

12. Lexie

Lexie Well-known Member

OMG did you guys see the double spread near the shed/ littler oval bit?

13. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Got them :)
    I'll only post the photo with them both it. It's a really nice shot.
    Kiwigirl might kill me if I out the other one up.
    For those who weren't there, Kiwigirl is on the big grey T/B (In Like Flynn) and the other rider is Michelle Barwick and her little Fresian Warmblood (Mystic Shadow Forever Foxfire) in the Champion Rider Class. :)

[​IMG]

14. Oh and look! There's Firedance in that pic too! LOL

The SC horse was Topaz - he just stressed so much, quite ruined his white sock the girls had worked so hard to clean - they were going to 'present' him in hand at lunchtime but decided it would be best to bring him home because he was so worried poor fella. Must be a long time since he's been to anything like that.

No total yet, am waiting for the Treasurer to do up her final count as I know she had some figures to double check on.

15. Que Sera Sera

Que Sera Sera Well-known Member

I have to say again what a fab event SCHR held.

The atmosphere was fun and I wish I could have stayed longer, the games looked like a real hoot.

SCHR should be very proud of themselves for the work they do with rescue horses and for making such a great day for those that attended.

A very big congrats from me on the work you guys did to organise this event and a heap of awe in regards to the work with neglected horses that you guys do.

16. horse girl Jess

horse girl Jess Well-known Member

Where abouts on the website will the results be posted Merrylegs?

17. beks

beks Well-known Member

!

Hi Arylin, yeh shame you didnt realize sooner would have been nice to have a chat, Gandi is a real special boy , very pigheaded, but I trust him implisitly especially at home, they jump and go bush he looks after her and he is still only a bub. He was a little naughty at th SC but it was only his 3rd time out, he just wanted to be next to his friend. Hopefully we will get to meet up at another event. Wouldnt mind seeing a pic of dad.

Beks:))

18. samm

samm Gold Member

Aye Aye Captain ;)
    [​IMG]

19. The information will be put up right smack on the main page :)

I don't expect it will be up until tomorrow as Bayley can't get the info to me till tomorrow as she's very busy at work.

20. beks

beks Well-known Member

!

Magic Magic Magic! So good to see you again, we really should put more effort into getting together! Shame your girl was lame again, it was great to here you took out the old boy (Omar) and he still has it hehehe well done.

Beks