Sandgate Reznor babies where are they now?

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Horseagilitywa, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Horseagilitywa

Horseagilitywa Well-known Member

I was perving over CM sporthorse's babies (i'm bored on nightshift and think of chocolate Toblerone to be exact:p). Was wondering how those that have a babies by Max (Sandgate Reznor) are doing.
    Sandgate Reznor (Max)

My Merry has been doing fantastic. We do liberty, haven't done much in the way of riding. She's in training with wonderful people as we speak.
    She's spent time as a pack horse and learning collection at liberty, etc.

What's everyone else been doing?

2. monomeeth

monomeeth Well-known Member

My sis has one who turned five in august. She has done wonders with her using clicker training and other positive training methods. Went back to square one, and broke her in herself after she got a bad start from a commercial breaker and came home with issues. She is a not a horse who takes kindly to people trying to force her to do things when she isn't sure what is being asked, but with sis things went really smoothly. They built a great bond and she has grown into the most beautiful horse. Sis had her out to adult riding club a couple of times last year and she went great.

Here she is riding alongside Tori and I. She is the light bay.

[​IMG]

Cheers,

Mono

3. anamcara

anamcara New Member

Haha! Thanks for talking me up so well Sis! Yes we have a good bond now **)

Here is one of my fav shots of us

[​IMG]

Her mum was a clydie cross. She is about 16.1 or so.

4. monomeeth

I don't have to talk you up; it is nothing less than the truth. You did a fab job with her and I am proud of you. :)

Hugs,

mono

5. Reigate

Reigate Well-known Member

Lol...... sounds like we all need to send you some Toblerone's TePaiOra! lol but NO we are not sending you THE Toblerone! lol... Hes too valuable in our paddock thanks! lol....

A lovely lady in Victoria, Debbie, who bought one of our babies - CM Anna Karenina, bought a Max/Pepper baby off of Lorraine at Windermere - out of a Clydie mare (blind Bonny)... and that one, Matilda, is going REALLY well from what I have heard! :)

A friend in Whyalla who has a Pepper/Max baby that she bred when she had him herself, has a gorgeous mare who she showjumps when she gets the time off work!, and I think she is buying back her other one that she bred as well....

There is one down in Adelaide who is doing brilliantly in the show ring and dressage arena - Pine Country Reznor - just been EA registered and is about to hit the official ring shortly.... I think hes been registered as PC Reznor.... He is out of a TB mare, and his nickname is Norman - which is considerably better than what he was called for the first part of his life - dipsh!t lol.....

I had one, Ariella - however she broke her jaw and had to be put down at 4 yrs old... darn it!

He has put some wonderful youngsters on the ground :) There are a few in NSW/Vic who are starting to get out there too now I think! :)

6. Crafty

Crafty Well-known Member

My Friend in Gero has a Max/Bonny baby stunning little thing very young though so not out and about yet

7. monomeeth

Would love to see pics of Matilda if anyone has any. She was my fave as a foal. So chunky and sweet-looking. :)

Hugs,

Mono

8. Reigate

Reigate Well-known Member

Will see if I can get Debbie to send me some for you Monomeeth and post them here :)

9. monomeeth

That would be great Shell. She combines two of my fave breeds; CBs and clydes. :)

Hugs,

Mono

10. Horseagilitywa

He he Shell... would love one of your babies... but I only have room for one cheeky CBx
    Although if I won lotto.......:p

Manomeeth... Cleveland bays down to 1/4 CB's don't take kindly to being "TOLD"... there has to be a reason to do it or they just won't.
    I love CB (love ya clydies too;)). I had a purebred in NZ and worked with 'em in the UK.
    anamcara - love ya girl... nice and solid!!! Pretty too.
    More pretty pony pics Shell!!! Yay

11. anamcara

anamcara New Member

Thanks TePaiOra :)
    I would love to see some photos of Merry!

12. Horseagilitywa

Some photos of Merry - :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. anamcara

anamcara New Member

TePaiOra she is a lovely strong girl! She has many similarities to my Selene. Lovely length of neck too. :))

14. katelol

katelol Guest

Sandgate Reznor was Lorraine's CBX stallion wasn't he, that she sold before moving overeast?

I always wondered where the name came from? Was someone a big Nine Inch Nails fan? ';' (I know I am :p)

15. Horseagilitywa

I wonder Kate... never thought about it actually;)

Max died last year? or year before.

Hows Selene doing? She's lovely

16. abararka

abararka Well-known Member

I have his last WA filly. Flora is out out of Snowview Fluer. She is 17.1hh and is a SPITTING image of her father. She will be getting started under saddle in April this year. Can anyone tell me what type of characteristics their Sandgate Reznor baby has, eg. Piggy, unconfident, explosive, quiet, easy going, etc? Any words to describe what the baby's characterists.

17. lorradaux

lorradaux New Member

I did purchase one of his babies years ago off of Lorraine, but he unfortunately had a paddock accident just after weaning and had to be PTS. He was a lovely young man though and I did get to play with him a bit as a foal. I do wonder how he would have grown up. He was out of a successfull TB eventer.

18. Katsin

Katsin Active Member

I have a 5 yr old Max baby in my paddock. He belongs to a friend and my OH broke him in and she has gone on with him. I was out of a percheron x mare and is very solid (fat as well) and stands at 16.1hh. Mum was only about 15hh.

He is a very friendly chap and can be a bit too in your face and also very food focused. He has much more whoa than go but can put in a buck going into the canter if he is feeing very fresh. Mind you the buck is a very lame effort.

He has Max's lovely face but not his nice length of rein. He is very athletic for a big boy with a lovely trot. His owner hopes to do low level eventing with him eventually and he is her first horse, though she has ridden since she was young.

If I could work out the photo posting thingy I would put up a photo (his mum said it would be OK)

19. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

we have Rebel :) CB x by Max. she has her moments that i want to strangle her... then others when she blows me away! very stubborn when she wants to be ;) she is a big girl close to 17.2.

after dressage test... good pony
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

we love her dearly tho. she is doing intro 1/c grade eventing, will be going up a grade this year :) forgot to say she is 7 years old now

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  20. Regen84

Regen84 New Member

Hi I was wondering if I could dig this thread up again...I have a filly by Sandgate Reznor, having a few problems with her, if you have any tips or advice that would be great! Please PM me if you like :)