Saddles Stolen - please watch markets

Discussion in 'News Items' started by Wendy, Nov 24, 2006.

1. C HORSE

C HORSE Well-known Member

We were renting a place that the owner decided to sell and we were made to have home opens even though we didnt want to and we did some research on the indemnity (sp??) insurance and it only covers the realestate agent no one else which really blows as if anything was stolen we had to use our own insurance....

2. Wendy

Wendy Well-known Member

Well a funny thing happened - a friend of mine heard of 3 saddles for sale cheap and the description was the same so she went and looked at them, and, because she couldn't contact me, bought them for $50. When she got home she rang the guy up and told him the saddles were stolen and fairly abused him. He said he got them off a mate in a pub etc, etc.
    She brought them around to my place, but guess what, they were not my saddles!!
    So if anyone else is missing 2 stock saddles (1 with Tapper written on it) and an almost new leather all purpose, I have them.

3. Jess&Sabby

Jess&Sabby Well-known Member

something should turn up, wnedy is a lovely lady and its a terrible shame that some low life people are doing this, my old agistment was also targeted with all there rugs going missing from the front, its amazing what low lifes are out there these days :( good luck wendy

4. rica

rica Well-known Member

Oh Wendy how funny is that story! It is annoying that your saddles are still "at large" but what are the chances of 3 other "hot" saddles turning up for $50! I am so glad I live down here! We do have a bit of crime but the town is still small enough for some one to have seen some thing. We are talking of perhaps moving further out of town within 5 years as Denmark is getting a lot more poplulated now and it will end up a bit like Margaret River! Good luck with the saddle hunt and hopefully they will be as easy to find as your friend found those 3!
    Rica

5. squirrel

squirrel Well-known Member

I hope you find them Wendy. and i will try and keep an eye out!!:)