Saddles Stolen - please watch markets

Discussion in 'News Items' started by Wendy, Nov 24, 2006.

1. jezzamagic

jezzamagic Banned

suspect is a suspect but i dont think he/she would drive down from wubin to steal some old saddles

2. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

We assumed before we knew where they lived.

3. jezzamagic

jezzamagic Banned

]OK.........

4. Suspect007

Suspect007 Banned

why would i want some cranky old wingbats saddles anyway

5. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Gotta give Suspect007 benefit of the doubt guys.... they wouldnt be stupid enough to steal the saddles & come on to here with "suspecting" comments..... remember what wonders can be picked up by the persons IP addie! **)

Welcome to stockies Suspect007. @)

6. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

yeah welcome suspect007

However, what is with the cranky wingbat comment? Wendy has had saddles stolen. Regardless of what state and condition they are in she has every right to be damn annoyed and peeved. This does not make her in any way a "cranky wingbat"

Maybe its too early in the morning for me to be social but I really think these comments are over the top....

7. Murray

Murray Well-known Member Staff Member

It’s not too early for me Oldhack77, I totally agree. There is absolutely no excuse for this newbie to make such comments and as a consequence an infraction has been incurred on their behalf.

admin

8. IbanezGirl

IbanezGirl Well-known Member

Suspect007 is/was obviously bored, and worded their posts in such a way to deliberately start drama.
    suspect007 you are out of line calling wendy a “cranky wingbat” I don’t care if your in a mood to stir up the pot, you can do that else where.

9. doDA

doDA New Member

this is such a sad thing to hear. i really do hope the saddels do come back, this has happend to me once before, its awful. :)

10. Any word on the saddles I hope there found. You just cant trust anyone, lock up you tacks sheds, people with steal anything....

11. Wendy

Wendy Well-known Member

Nothing so far. The thing is the dogs went ballistic (as they often do) and we yelled at them to shut up.

It's not so much the value of the saddles (although the Kincade and the Status were the only saddles which fitted those particular ponies, and the old Tapper saddle mounted on a drum painted like a horse was just the best plaything ever) - it's the fact that someone was wandering around the place in the dark.
    I heard the agistment place a few streets away had rugs stolen the same night.
    Bloody thieves.

12. Ren

Ren Well-known Member

Sorry to hear that Wendy. That Farrier isnt let out on bail or something has he coz thats whos suspicious knocking off agistment centres sth of river??? Just a thought

13. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Heard that too Ren. He would have to be pretty stupid to still do it when on bail hey.

14. Ren

Ren Well-known Member

You would think so Tarz but when someone has a drug habit thats been ongoing for years and so has the stealing that chances are they arent going to stop even on bail but thats just my thoughts

15. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Well hes pure idiot then isnt he :)

16. Caroline

Caroline Well-known Member

Theft of Horse Gear

There is a huge chance that the saddles will never be recovered. They will be ditched most likely as they have minimal $$$ value. Theft of horse gear is certainly annoying and rather upseting, realising that some low life has been snooping through your property and possessions!!

Five months back, some "sad desperate person" stole my canvas rug and feed bins that were just hanging off gates. Very inconvenient and just a hassle I didnt need!! The theft was reported to the police, and there was another property stung for rugs on the same day which was also reported!! But the cops were just uninterested and very ineffective. Unless the crime involves guns or drugs.............etc.

Did our own investigation work and found out who did it, but we were powerless to act, without breaking the law. Cops couldnt do much either. Possession is 9 tenths of the law, even without a receipt of purchase or proof of ownership!

Luckily I have insurance so the items have been replaced, but now I lock up everything that is not bolted down, and never leave bins or rugs on gates unless I am around. I no longer trust the general passing public, as a small % of them are opportunistic. Sadly.

I certainly feel for you, and wish you the best in recovering your saddles, or even catching the culprit. But dont hold your breath.................

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  17. Salazaar

Salazaar New Member

Stolen gear

This kinda thing was going on when i lived in Tassie.Bout same time of year too.Police there suspected it was an organised gang doing this and probably drug related.Low lifes wanting a way to get their fix.
    Trouble is horses were being nabbed as well and one was traced to a dog tucker place.Very sad for the owner of a very nice dressage horse.Where will this stop if the law dont act!!??

18. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Geez Caroline, thats shocking the police couldnt/wouldnt help, sad that you cant leave your own property laying about & not worry about it being nicked.

About 5/6yrs ago, we had ppl coming to look at the Tb i was given away, i had to rush to Perth Dental Clinic & couldnt get in touch with the ppl, to say i wouldnt be home, i didnt have their number.
    So i left a note on the front gate saying sorry, but if you like the horse, let me know & pick him up next time..... we got home at dark so i didnt realize, but the next morning all of my rugs, including 2 new cotton combo's (from Nagmart), halters, bridles, chaps & other bits & pieces were pinched of the back verandah. Yet the saddle was left behing (only a crappy a/p).
    I spoke to the cops but as i had no idea on who these ppl were or a ph number, they couldnt do anything.
    Long story short, a friend that works in Real Estate had a couple come in, looking for our house the day we werent home, he gave us the details on the business sign on the side of the car plus the cars details, i rang the ppl (that only lived in a country town a hr away) & got rather upset, of course they denied taking my stuff & when i spoke to the police & gave them a list, they were utterly useless..... but these ppl were involved in horse/tack repairs so how easy is it for them to 'hide"/change my gear.

Im slack still though, i have several good rugs hanging on my yard rails, most of my winter synthetics are on the verandah, but you can trust ppl, cant you (nope!).... when we were at the Wiggles Concert, someone had been in my horse yards/paddocks as the gate latch was done up different & a friend saw a car at my place, but thought it was ppl that came to the Wiggles with us.... nothing that i can see is nicked, but they've been down in with my horses, which is always a worry!

19. Caroline

Caroline Well-known Member

Theft!!

Yeh Remaani, it is sad when we cant trust people. Leaving gear out, no matter how isolated your property is, is tempting fate oneday!!!

A paddock we are leasing next door for 2 of the ggs has only gate access on the busy public road, so that gate is securely paddlocked to prevent kids letting them out for a laugh, or worse still, someone pinching them.

The only thing I dont mind if it is stolen is my clapped out John Deere of an EA Falcon!!! Wont even tow a float!!

20. Salazaar

Salazaar New Member

Saddles stolen

Yeah Remanni people often pretend their looking for a house when they are really only casing the joint in order to steal.
    Dont know bout rest of you but i would never have an open home in order to sell my property cos of that.
    Aside from the fact that some insurance companies wont cover you if you do,plus realestate companies usually have a limit on what is covered.
    Well Wendy I hope the stuff is found and the low lifes dealt with.:}