Saddles for Warmbloods

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by Melle79, Apr 3, 2012.

1. myst

myst Active Member

Every thing was done that could be and they still insisted that the stuffing was removed. Perhaps a very zealous custom officer.It was a pony saddle.

2. Melle79

Melle79 Well-known Member

What about Kentaur saddles?
    any opinions?

3. barragirl

barragirl Active Member

Lots of showjumpers use kentaur saddles for their large w/bloods. they are European made and definitely accommodate for big warmbloods, am sure Lucy from kentaur could advise u on what would be best.

4. pso

pso Gold Member

Yep- Kentaurs are pretty good fit wise- I find them incredibly uncomfortable- but I know many others love them... And I'm not overly fond of the leather **)

5. Melle79

Melle79 Well-known Member

I've been trying some saddles and taking all of this advice on board.

I tried the bates dressage, I can fit 4.5 fingers in the channel down the middle but most of the saddles I've looked at are slightly more narrow at the back?

He seemed a lot more free through the shoulder with the dressage than the other saddles I have tried so far.

I am going to get someone out so I can try the KN's and Kentaur's as well.
    I found a second hand Kentaur (basically new) that I can afford now though.

I have to be realistic, I want a better saddle for my horse but I have to be able to pay it off as I can't afford the outlay all at once. So it puts a few of the great suggesions on the back burner.

6. pso

pso Gold Member

Theres one really cheap kentaur on cav... ;)

7. realalvin

realalvin New Member

I brought mine through customs with me. a harrison howard. a nice one. i did not remember its price. a reasonable price i think. you can buy it off ebay.
    recommendations only.