Saddler?

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by Remaani, May 4, 2012.

1. Remaani

Remaani Guest

I'm trying to find out how old my dad's saddle in, made by E. Arundel & Co, Perth.

Has anyone heard of this saddler?

2. SexyRitzy

SexyRitzy Well-known Member

3. Remaani

Remaani Guest

WOW thanks!
    never heard of the saddler before, wish they had date stamps on the saddles LOL!

4. SexyRitzy

SexyRitzy Well-known Member

I haven't been able to find any other info on the saddle maker. but I guess back then they weren't very good about keep records LOL

Would love to see a pic of the saddle. :)

5. shadowkat

shadowkat Well-known Member

Go to Revolutions at Whiteman Park - there is a reproduction on Arundel's from a 1920s picture. Awesomely cool! If you have a chat to Val, the curator, she might be able to find out how long they operated for.

ETA Oh, I have a pic
    [​IMG]
    My favourite bit of the museum :)

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  6. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Shadowkat - that's amazing!!
    Thankyou.

The saddle isn't flash, but we were rather curious, i'll let dad know.
    I have a pic i'll put up later. :)

7. Mandymoo

Mandymoo New Member

Hi there.My Great Grandfather is Edward Arundel who made this saddle.Im just researching family history now and trying to find out more about him myself.I know he owned The Saddlery shop in Perth and was originally from Geraldton.He was also in the 10th Light horse regiment.

8. realalvin

realalvin New Member

never heard of E. Arundel & Co, Perth. google it... that's too old.. why not try some fashion brands? nice low profile too, and not WAY expensive. for example, bucas, harrison howard.... you name it!

9. JeanieE

JeanieE New Member

Oh this is interesting! I too have an old stock saddle by E. Arundel and I wish I knew how old it was and it's history! It came to me with a horse and is still usable. I would love to know more.... Mandymoo?

10. Mandymoo

Mandymoo New Member

I have no idea . I will do some research though about dates . Exciting