saddle suggestions for shark fin"wither?

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by dustyoak, Jul 1, 2014.

1. dustyoak

dustyoak New Member

Hi Guys,

I am currently seeking saddle suggestions (jumping) that will suite a horse with a shark fin wither.
    I am currently in touch with a saddle fitter but would love to hear from others and see what has worked for your horse.

2. Seahorse

Seahorse Well-known Member

From experience, anything flat seated is going to be tough to make fit. The Bates close contact saddles were especially bad. Even if the saddle is fitted professionally, check closely to see if it's bridging or rocking when the horse is actually trotting along.

I'm not so familiar with the Australian brands of saddle any more, but I would try to go for something not so flat, with a moderately wide channel, and then pad it up so it clears his withers.

3. TobanMokey736

TobanMokey736 Well-known Member

Depending on your budget: Stubben, the older ones are great too. Just watch for a chanel that narrows towards the cantle.

Kieffer Jump saddles, Trainers Pro and Pro Deluxe are all good places to start. :)

4. realalvin

realalvin New Member

Here is my experience. I bought several saddles from Horseware.But they turned out to be uncomfortable. Now I am using Native Pony saddles. they are good!I used Harrison Howard once and I will never try second time.

5. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

Treeless saddles.