saddle market

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by Debonair, Oct 4, 2011.

?
  1. Synthetic Plastic look

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  2. Synthetic Leather look

11 vote(s)
    28.9%
  3. Synthetic under, leather upper

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. Quality leather $1700-$2800 range

16 vote(s)
    42.1%
  5. Quality leather $2800 -$5000 range

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  6. english ( dressage, jump, AP)

19 vote(s)
    50.0%
  7. western ( halfbreed, western, stock, drafter etc)

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Debonair

Debonair Well-known Member

hey all, just curious as to what people are looking for in saddles, what is the popular choice?
    opinions and feedback much appreciated:)*

2. needanswers

needanswers Well-known Member

For me it's the second hand leather saddle that fits my horse as all newer modules seem to have a 'retarded' tree shape that no longer fits...

3. ashes88

ashes88 Well-known Member

i ride the racehorses in an old pessoa which i love to bits and look after it so well but its not mine so my horses have a wintec pro jump which i quite like but am saving up now to buy junior a new saddle that fits him (preferbly a pessoa - when i win lotto lol)

4. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Generally synthetic for me, easier to care for.. But don't like the plastic look at all, my AP has a PVC panel and it's gross. Squeaky too.

Also cheaper ones.. If there'd been a choice of 'saddles under $1000' in there, I would have picked it :)

5. needanswers

I agree I'm not one to spend a lot of money on saddles as long as they fit. I generally go for a second hand one OR try to find something under 2k. I own horses, do you think I'm made of money??? *#)

6. Flyfree

Flyfree New Member

Does anyone have a Tekna?

7. needanswers

I've ridden in the jump, the AP and the Dressage and found all of them to be too hard for my butt. Apart from that no other problems - didn't put me off balance, no squeak etc...

8. Anna E

Anna E Guest

You didn't include the "whatever the hell I can find that fits my 44 on legs" option...;)

9. needanswers

A pony pad!!

10. Neighlands

Neighlands Well-known Member

Had my original Wintec GP for over 20 years now and still using it!
    I was given one to trial for my local saddler in the UK in 1988 i think -Now using it on my mare.
    Should be in a museum i reckon, but works perfectly and not a tear or broken bit in sight.

11. Marlee

Marlee Well-known Member

Got to be fully synthetic (the vegan choice) so don't have that much choice really. Must be adjustable to fit my horses.

12. Debonair

Debonair Well-known Member

actually... these fall into the $2400-$3200 catagory! lol
    the ones with the gentec system i sell are amazing, we decided to see how wide they would go as my friend has a fresian x who is a tank! yep, it went wide enough!

Genesis Adjustable Tree from Intec Performance - YouTube

thanks all for answers, was just curious as my supplier keeps asking which ones i want to go for mostly, ive been lucky to now hes been lending me a wade range to take out to shows and stuff, but i need to start building my stock of them and i just dont know where to start. feed back is muchly appreciated:))

13. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

The saddle that fits my horse and suits my riding. Much prefer leather.

Saddle fit is WAY more than just gullet size.

14. needanswers

Yes and having a saddle with easy change gullet is SO much easier than having the perfect saddle - with wrong gullet size and no easy change.

15. realalvin

realalvin New Member

shake hands!But my Harrison Howard is good...never squeaky...