saddle blanket or numnah??

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by mochaminx, Jun 17, 2008.

1. mochaminx

mochaminx Well-known Member

Ok, so I spent today making my daughter a new 'bling bling; browband in purple (of course lol) to match her show outfit....now I have just realised I have a new
    dilemma.....I dont have a purple saddle blanket. I went to the two local saddlery shops in byford, but they didnt have any in pony size, then someone's just told me that apparently saddle blankets arnt really suitable in hacking, and that really she should have a numnah. She is only unnofficial, so I dont spose it would really matter (as long as its clean) but Im thinking if I can spend a whole day making a browband, then maybe I should just fork out the $$$ and get her a numnah as well. What are you thoughts?? Should I look for a purple saddle blanket, or go for the numnah, (and if the numnah, cream or black??? pony is grey, saddle is black if this helps) gee, showing is so much more complicated than back in my day lol
    heres a pic of the BB, it turned out really nice, Im quite happy with it!!!
    sorry for bad pics, using my old camera

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Numnah deff :) I have black but have a caramel colour one also if you want to see what colour suits pony best I can bring sun, well I will be using it sun under my black one anyway (black numnahs dye the grey ponies pink :( )

ps. looks good :) how many browbands does S have now?? ahahaa

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2008
  3. Larrikan

Larrikan Well-known Member

Love the bb :)
    I would use a black numnah it looks heaps better :)

4. Golden Biscuit

Golden Biscuit Well-known Member

I have a purple numnah?? lol best of both worlds :D

5. mav

mav Well-known Member

was about to say if you want to match everything thereare purple numnahs (full and half) avail at your big horsey stores but BEB beat me to it!!! :D

6. mochaminx

PURPLE NUMNAHS!!!! Im so not telling my daughter that lol. Considering we change our colours all the time maybe it would be better to stick to a black one. Now, what are these half numnahs all about?? Ive seen them, but are they supposed to go over something else, or just as they are??

thanks Tara, I will have a look and see what you mean. lol at greys turning pink when wearing black numnahs :p This is definately the last bb for S, she has way too many now. (well maybe a nice blue one, we dont have that colour yet, and they do look good on greys he he he :p ;) :p

So anyone know of any horsie shops that have any numnahs on sale atm???

7. mav

mav Well-known Member

HL has there mid year sale on at the moment.. try them... and no half ones dont have to go over anything... which area are you in as i have a full one i barely use that you are welcome to try...

8. Golden Biscuit

Our purple one is a full numnah- we got it on the net and has matching boots :p but for shows we have a gorgeous marino sheepskin half numnah in baby pink-it was imported from canada and havent found anything to match the quality!! But thats just us Pink EVERYTHING lol pink vest, tie, rugs, browbands, saddle blankets numnahs, even pink engraved stirrup irons lol! Too much?? nah

9. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

Horseland have half numnahs on sale at the moment, not sure about full ones :)

10. mochaminx

Hi Mav, I live in Oakford, (which is just next to Byford) so I dont know how far away that is from you. What size is your numnah?? (I presume they must come in different sizes??) The pony is 12.1hh and the saddle is 15", so I spose a small one would be best?
    Thanks Izzy for letting me know about about HL, I must go have a looksee,
    and BEB,, A girl can NEVER have too much PINK, or BLING Darlink!!! (or purple in my girls case he he he)

11. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

If you can't find a smaller one I have two, both are made for 17" saddles but one is a half numnah which wouldn't look as out of place on a 15" saddle as a full numnah haha. I'll be in Byford and Oakford on the weekend :) Send me a PM if you want to borrow one. I'll need one on Sunday but can use the other one :)*

12. mav

mav Well-known Member

hmmm would be better to take izzy's offer asi live at the opposite end of the fwy!!! mine is a full and i have a feeling it may be too big... maybe. they come in xxs, s, m, and l (why they dont have xs i dont know although thisis out of a catalogue thats 2 yrs old!!)

13. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

You can use my caramel colour one its 17" but its a very very small 17" only just fits my 16.5" saddle, but its dressage do you have a AP or dressage saddle?

My horse is already pink so once more wont hurt hahaha

14. mochaminx

thanks for the offers everyone, thats awesome. Izzy I will pop into HL on Friday (my next day off) and see what they've got size and colour wise, but if I have no luck I would love to take you up on your offer. I will PM you on Friday and let you know if thats OK :)*
    Tarz my saddle is an AP, so thats probably means it wont fit right?? Likewise if I have no luck I will catch up with you on sunday and see which colour looks nicer...(Im sure S would quite like a pink pony he he he)

15. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Yeah the dressage one will look funny :( I have a black sheepie half too but its 17" so might be too big.

16. Golden Biscuit

Heres our purple one if you wanna be different lol, it doesnt fit this saddle properly but fits a 16 inch AP :)

[​IMG]

17. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Wow.. that browband is amazing.. One of the nicest i've seen
    Don't suppose you make them to sell?
    Seriously.. it's gorgous
    *starts nagging mum for a new bb*

18. mochaminx

Thank you Lauren, Im very happy with it too!! Cant wait to try it on pony when he's not so soggy...hehehe.
    have pm'd you.

19. mochaminx

Now my daughter would just LOVE that purple numnah!!! My saddles only a 15 inch, so it probably wouldnt fit well either.... ebay?? you said??? (signs off now to do some shopping on ebay he he he)

ps. does it come with cute pony????

20. Golden Biscuit

Haha yeh but got it a while ago! And no sorry pony is extra lol *#)

Hes not so cute and fluffy anymore hes a slick smooth show man lol

[​IMG]