rugless tail bags

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by Arab Lover, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Arab Lover

Arab Lover Well-known Member

hi all just want to know where do i get some or can any one make 2 for me...or are they easy to make

2. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

I have one, I got it off ebay for like $12 with postage, you can get them cheaper but this one was the size I needed, and I was well, in a spending mood at the time haha.

They are easy to make tho, maybe buy one first and then copy it?

3. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

How do they stay on if they are rugless!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

4. Remaani

Remaani Guest

I make my own, but have learnt to wash them before using in winter! (Tares got a pink tail :D).

OBHH, mine are used by plaiting the tail, then the bag has 2 ties, i loop the ties through the top of the plait (down from the dock) & tie around the top of the plait.

Heres an example of 1 i made from lycra.

[​IMG]

This 1 i bought from Ebay but uses velcro which isnt as good & its a synthetic material.

[​IMG]

5. montygirl

montygirl Well-known Member

i got one... they are wicked!

6. Yarrabah Quarter Horses

Yarrabah Quarter Horses Well-known Member

Have PM'd you :)

Arab Lover I know someone that makes something very similar:rolleyes:

7. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Ooohh, there what i call tail Rags!! When they said tail bags, i had visions of a full tail bag that attatches to a rug, somehow staying on without the rug????
    Yes i know someone who makes them in funky colours as well. MMMMmmm Zoo!!!!:)*

8. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

I had never heard of them what a brilliant idea, especially in the heat when you don't want a rug on, or have a rug that a tail bag is difficult to attach to it.

9. Yarrabah Quarter Horses

Thanks OBHH :)*

Mine are called Tail Savers

[​IMG]

10. Remaani

Remaani Guest

They look very funky Zoo, but i have to ask... are they "heavy" at all?

11. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

Well i'll be buggered, that is a brilliant idea.....:)

12. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

Im in need of a few of those please.......:D

13. Yarrabah Quarter Horses

They are very popular with the QH's. Remaani no they are not heavy, lycra is way to heavy these are made from light weight cotton, machine washable and can be ironed. You can keep them in for at least 4/5 weeks and they don't budge, slip or cause bird nests. No colour fast materials either:)* If anyone is interested you can pm me or go you can click on my link index

Cheers

Sue

14. odway

odway Guest

Oh that looks fantastic! I was baffled ages ago looking at pictures posted on a UK forum... heaps of people over there use them and I didn't have a clue what they were about hahah! I didnt know we could get them here, that's going on the shopping list :)