Royal Show Results - Wednesday onwards!

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Lin, Oct 1, 2008.

1. horseychic

horseychic Well-known Member

Was a good day, nice weather.
    Gaia thanks for the lovely comments she has certainly grown up into a big girl now.

We got 4th in best presented, 2nd in the mare class and RESERVE CHAMPION was stoked with that. She was a little exicted to start with but then calmed down, we finally made the whole lap of the grand parade a little strong but overall a good girl and i was very happy with her.

Thanks goes to emma you did a great job plaiting and I appreciated it very much:)* :)*

No photos sorry forgot camera.

2. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

completely agree mate...... think you took the words out of my mouth babe....... now no more reading my mind goodie..... you never know what you will find out! :D

3. Jonsie

Jonsie Well-known Member

Hi All, well i am slowly recovering from our huge day yesterday, it was our first Royal and without the help from the Standy 'family' we would have been a bit lost actually (BIG thanks to Gaia, Admiral and Admiral's Mum!!!!!!)

I was extatic with our results, we got:

3rd Best Presented
    2nd Gelding
    RESERVE GELDING!!!!!

Ike handled the day SOOOOO well and we couldnt praise him enough... he even coped with a very loud machine brushing against the back of the stables every 5 mins and was SO calm during the grand parade even though he hasnt ever seen some of the animals that we had to walk past and so many loud noises from the sidelines lol.

A huge thanks to Magic aswell who made my Browband, stock and also my vest (sorry about the late notice on the vest Mel... nothing like a panicked phone call to spice up your day lol!!)

But my biggest thanks would have to go to Safs_mum and my lovely long suffering OH... you are such legends and your help and calming words are what got me through :) :)

Here is a pic,
    [​IMG]

Congrats to all the Standy competitors... we all did the breed proud!!

4. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

Ike looks gorgeous, well done :)

5. safs_mum

safs_mum Well-known Member

There's my Ikie! He looked gorgeous Jonsie - you should be very proud! :D
    Now aren't you glad I convinced you to take him? ;)

Oh and to the 'Standy family' - very nice meeting you all, who knows I might join you guys one day!

6. Jonsie

Jonsie Well-known Member

Thanks Izzy!!

Thanks safs_mum... we couldnt have done it without you!!
    who convinced who??? pmsl. oh and i think we came equal in the fairyfloss eating marathon!! Until next time grasshopper.....

7. CJR

CJR Well-known Member

WOW!!!Well done Sheree, Ike looks amazing! His coats gorgeous and your suit, hat, browband, everything - you both look fab!!**) **) **)

Enjoy every bit of your ribbons because you truly deserve them.

PS - WOW! Your plaits are PERFECT!

8. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

erin and mia wer placed 3rd in the riding pony mare 13.2 n under and in ridden mare was placed 3rd the top 2 ponys in the state were awarded 1st n 2nd in both so was very happy with that result **)

9. Jonsie

Jonsie Well-known Member

Nawww thanks CJR, you are probably still suffering from hearing loss from my phone call yesterday lol... i was just over the moon!!!
    LOL @ the plaits... at 4 am they were my worst enemy!!!!!

10. CJR

CJR Well-known Member

Just emailled you I'm so impressed. Hearing is fine lol, it was great to hear how excited you where.

Ike looks AWESOME, well done chick!!**)

11. Jonsie

Jonsie Well-known Member

LOL i just emailed back with a few more pics... glad your hearing os ok pmsl!!!!!

12. samm

samm Gold Member

Very classy outfit(horse and handler),Jonsie .
    Well done :)

13. Jonsie

Jonsie Well-known Member

Wow thank you Samm, that means alot!!

14. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Here you go horseychic, only one that was on my camera tho
    [​IMG]

15. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

The STB's always look so amazingly presented! Well done!

16. tammy07

tammy07 Well-known Member

wow jonsie ike looks like a million bucks congrats on your placings i wanted to go down a watch you today but i wasnt feeling up too it after the other days ive been there lol

17. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Pinto ppl.... pics are up on Hoofbeats....

Thanks Tarz, but you'll see he wasnt the only naughty one pictured, lol. ;)

18. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Haha deff not, lots of naughty horses!

19. carla

carla Well-known Member

well after two days at the show we are finally home. had shetlands on friday and quarter horse today.
    sophie didnt get a ribbon but looked great on the day and behaved wonderfully. shetland line up was great all looked a million dollars.
    quarter horse shifty FX placed 3rd in filly class and we are so proud of her. didnt put a foot wrong all day. she was very brave.
    congrats to all at the show. and a big congrats to larrikan. its all in the helmet. lol.

20. horseychic

horseychic Well-known Member

thankyou for the picture gaia:)*

I was please with her browband considering i made it at 11.00pm thursday night

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008