Royal Show Hints

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Loveearlyrising, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Loveearlyrising

Loveearlyrising New Member

Well obviously the show is nearly upon us..
    Just a few hints for your days,feel free to add to it.
    In your tack box make sure you have ....painkillers,bandaides,white jacket,some safety pins,another set of clothes ( in case it rains ), sunscreen,but usually the girls in the shed have that,and remember if in doubt ask the girls..they try to be helpful..and above all.....have a great time.

2. Freestyle

Freestyle Well-known Member

A trolley!! Or something to make the long trek from the unloading zone to the stabling area as quick as possible.

A pooper scooper - I forgot to bring one to my first royal and cleaning the stall with my disposable gloves took forever!

Take the time to enjoy your day :)

3. Nanna

Nanna Well-known Member

A broom it you can carry it, is a very useful tool

4. kyema

kyema New Member

This sounds like the voice of experience!!

Good advice

5. Loveearlyrising

I see the Arabs are on Thursday .. Maybe for a change you won't get rained on it always seems to rain on a Wednesday .have a great experience everybody.. Newbies don't be afraid to ask for assistance ,everyone is usually helpful unless they are stressing too..:D

6. Loveearlyrising

Another thing I have learnt over the years, when they send out the paper work telling me what stable or locker I have or don't have,,don't stress ...coz by the time I get to the show, people have scratched or not shown up and I have always ended up with something...or there has been a mix up! But it always gets sorted.:)*

7. kyema

kyema New Member

Bertie beetle helps too!

8. CountryGurl_007

CountryGurl_007 Well-known Member

so always make sure you have sunscreen extra buckets a lock for your locker,

9. Loveearlyrising

Not long to go now! Are you all revved up and rearing to go? I am ...**)

10. Skittled

Skittled Well-known Member

I'm getting super excited. It'll be my first royal. Do your strappers need to wear white coats on the main arena when they come out?

11. Loveearlyrising

If you are allowed out on the arena you must be suitably dressed and with closed in shoes NOT joggers.Show jumping strappers have to wear a white coat.
    If you do need a white coat try and get one before going to the show as they don't hire them out anymore and they only have a limited number for sale..
    Looking forward to seeing you all there.;)

12. tash189

tash189 New Member

Thanks for this thread it is really helpful!!! Heading to our first Royal ever this year as a competitor and starting to get a little freaked now lol!! We are doing the QH classes on Saturday, just in hand at this stage as it is a first for both me and my girl!
    With the white coat thing, are they only needed if the strapper is going out in the arena with you, they don't need them to help in the stables or anything do they?

Thanks again for this thread, I have added a few things to my list now that I had forgotten!!! :)

Cheers
    Tash :))

13. Freestyle

Freestyle Well-known Member

Hi Tash,

Yep coats are only required for strappers on the arena - not in the stabling area. As far as I'm aware, strappers for the breed classes aren't allowed to come onto the main arena, unless leading extra horses in the grand parade.

Ooh, that reminds me.. Don't forget to have your grand parade pass ready to give to the marshalling attendants as you move onto the arena **)

14. Skittled

Skittled Well-known Member

Is hay allowed on the grounds? I couldn't find it in the rule book... I wanna plait down there between the grass being closed and first class and hay stops fidgeting.

15. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

You can have hay Skittled BUT it is your responsibility to clean it up. Stables and surrounds are checked before they will issue a pass out for your horses at the end of the day.