Royal show entries forms

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by liver bird, May 8, 2009.

1. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

As the Arab Deriv isnt split into any height classes you shouldnt have to be measured...

2. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

Ok everyone is a witness to that now Aly..So if anyone see's me Slap aly on the day its cause she said i could...:)

3. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA okay yes heidi :D you have official permission..

4. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

PMSL, yeap i witnessed that Aly you are trouble now chick, stay calm for goodness sake ok otherwise you will have Heidi slapping you all day....hehehehehe:D:p

5. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

Just a reminder if anyone needs a hand on the Sunday(as im booked every other day..:) )...Arab,Arab Deriv,Clydie,heavy horse,shire im free to lend a hand...All i ask is you get me in and im urs for the day...:)

6. Shakhaan

Shakhaan Well-known Member

No, winnie won't need to be measured Vee.

I see reading through, that this year in Pure Arabians (didn't read any other breeds), that they have really combined age groups, and have included the geldings in the Supreme lineup. Not sure if I agree with that one.... only because geldings are not breeding stock, and this show is to showcase the best breeding stock in each breed (I gather, hence why geldings haven't been eligible to go up for Supreme before?)

Now, I'm a little confused over the entry fee. It says $25 per entry.... now is that per class entered, or per horse entering as many classes as is eligible for in its breed, on the day????

7. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

The geldings have been aloud in for last couple of yrs now..

Its per class the entry fee..

Also not sure if anyone has seen the clause in there about Colts/stallions..

All Colts/stallions 2yrs & over MUST wear a headstall and a bit,bridle with a bit or halter with a bit...

So to make it Clearer..ALL stallions must be Bitted at the royal no matter WAT breed it is...

Just thought id point that out to stallion owners so they dont turn up on the day with out the right head gear and get turned away..

8. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

Thats right, i remember the discussion about the being bitted last year or the year before. Kylie shall i get an exempt from the grand Parade, Winnie isn't the only horse you are showing and you can't take them all in the parade...*#)

9. Shakhaan

Geldings haven't been allowed to go up for supreme in arabs heidi... I've been to the royal the last 5 years in a row, I think... there has always been 4 champs go up for supreme, junior and senior male and female, with the geldings having two age groups with each winner going up for champ gelding. The low numbers last year has obviously caused the merging, totally understandable.

Have just read through the arab derivatives, and they're the same.

The increase in entry fee doesn't worry me, I thought $15 a class was too cheap! Does make it pricey taking more than one, but gee, it IS the Royal!! And prizemoney for a win has gone up ;) With the only other costs being $11 for a stable and $5.50 for a program, makes it cheaper than our arab only shows :p

10. Shakhaan

Up to you Vee regarding grand parade... I'll be taking my horse in that, so all owners will have to take their horses in gp themselves. Each year I've only been able to take one that I've shown in, so no different than usual, lol.

11. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

I thought you had to have a good reason why you can't do the grand parade, or I think you can pay like $50 not to go in it? I'd just take him in it its really not that bad, my horse thought he was a steam train and tried to rip my arm out last year but only at a walk :p

12. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

Can I take him in it even though i am not showing him, i will just have to take appropriate clothes. I would love to do that it would be a great experiance.:)

13. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Yes or you can use a white coat, not sure how much they are and if you have to actually buy them or pay a deposit.

14. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

Cool I will get to lead a sycho Arab around at the ROYAL, that will go down in the "progress album" PMSL:D
    JK.....

15. im not doing the grand parade with jack as he will only be 10 months old.. and i do not want to freak him out.. :)

16. Its Party Time

Its Party Time Well-known Member

Just stay away from the Carlton & United Breweries Wagon that goes around the edge of the Arena! It has a million bells on it and Party thought it was going to kill him!
    If you can't stay away from the wagon stay away from Party cause he nearly knocked me out when he reared at it last year *#)#(

17. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

I said that one year with my last filly and also her handler was also handling another horse so I said I didn't have a handler. They said doesn't matter about her age and I could handle her. Thankfully Keralyn organised to take her in the Grand Parade and she actually blew me away how well she took it all in.

18. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

they let zayn not go in it last yr for the same reasons aly just stated...

I think they SHOULDNT make u take babies in it fo rthe first time competing at the royal as it is all a big experience to start with.

19. Webby

Webby Well-known Member

They will make you take babies in if you haven't applied for an exemption. Aly apply for an exemption stating those reasons before the deadline and you will get an exemption, never known a yearling to be refused one, when applied for properly.
    ALL HORSES must do the grandparade unless you hve an exemption. Someone else showing your horse is not good enough grounds.

White coats had to be purchased last year because of the state they were returned in previous yrs.

20. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

yes the Dust coats are $40 to buy i think it states in the book.

Anyone know where u get buy these coats else where?