Royal Show Day 3 Results (Monday)

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by amandasmith, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Bevanlee Folklore was Supreme Derivative. He had a VERY successful day.

2. Jadelise

Jadelise Well-known Member

Results are on the Royal website

3. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Yay finally!

4. Its Party Time

Its Party Time Well-known Member

What a great day at the Royal. Am still in shock that Party actually made it to the royal after spending more time at the Vet on Saturday night.
    Special thanks to Anthony from Vision Show Training for coming over to show them.

Congratulations to everyone!
    Our results:

Temar Shahmaan 2nd Purebred Junior Gelding
    Top Fancy Lets Party: 2nd Best presented, 1st Classic Trot, 1st Show Costume
    Didn't place in his gelding classes but he won them in my eyes :D and the line up of geldings was super!
    Couple of Photos
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. biscay

biscay Well-known Member

Well done to all of you... some stunning horses out there.

Kiley - wow Snip has the most awesome front end on him - JUST lovvve how his neck comes out of his wither.

Remaani, Music is just stunning - has been one of my favourites from when he was born ..... can I have him - and errrm the handler hehe.. ;)

Good luck to everyone still competing.

6. Remaani

Remaani Guest

LOL you cheeky bugger! :p
    Handler, Anthony was fantastic & he got EVERYTHING out of Music.
    He (Music) behaved & there was no "whoopy do's" ;) in the trot workout so a massive congrats to Anthony again.

I felt the Royal yesty was fantastic & not just because of the results, it seemed to run smoothly (better than when i've competed in other Breeds).
    My only gripe is the Bunk Rooms... or more the fact the the people in the next room were very noisy & vocal up until late at night - that i can handle BUT the "gasbagging" about other competitors & their horses was a bit rude as nothing nice was said (about a couple of purebreds).
    Don't know the people, but know the horse they had there... they should just tone the volume down a tad as imagine if they were bunked next to the people they were gasbagging about??? :eek:

7. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Rightreasons, the judge has every right to only award 2nd place - or in fact no placing at all - if they do not feel that the horse is worthy of a 1st place even if they are the only one in the class.

I had a fairly average day yesterday. Nova was dumped in her filly class and BP and placed 4th in classic trot. She behaved very well though so I am very happy with her :)

My gripes for the show are
    1) clean your stable after you use it!
    2) do not leave feed in the stables - we had to remove about 10L or so of feed before I could let Nova go and wasn't able to remove all of it. Some horses do have food allergies...
    3) The stewards need to be more consistent with ribbons (and it was the stewards not the judge). Some classes all competitors got ribbons when there was 4 in a class. In others there were 5 in the class and some were sashed to 4th and others to 3rd! It was very hit and miss as to how many ribbons they gave out and seemed to have nothing to do with the number of horses in the class. And it definitely wasn't the judge chosing not to award places.
    4) Horses who are too busy watching the rides to get on the float at the end of the day! Thankfully Remaani's OH came to our rescue and helped out :)*

Vent over :D So glad I am not showing any more horses this year :)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  8. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Really? The judge was 45 minutes late to finish the Arab Derivative classes. She took 1 hour 20 to judge the first 3 classes and she was meant to get through all 9 classes in 2 hours :}

9. Remaani

Remaani Guest

LOL, with the Mini's (or was it Pintos?) i remember one year it taking such a long time LOL!
    Was it really that long yesty for the Derivatives? Mind you i was standing around holding Christie's stallion in the Marshalling area & did seem forever from calling Colts, till they actually went down to the oval.

10. Midas

Midas Well-known Member

I had plenty of time to get ready for the halter yesterday!... The ridden... about5 min! I asked the stewards what time the ridden would start as they were running over... they said 3:30 - 4:00pm (3:30 was the scheduled time)... got lunch & came back at 2:50 & they were calling ridden mare :eek: luckily we managed to pull it off with a 2 min warm up!

well done to all the competitors yesterday! Remaani you must be super proud!!!

11. rightreasons

rightreasons New Member

Mirawee i know that they may not prizes, what gets me is the absolute rudeness of the judge, i've had classes before where if they don't give you the place they actually explain how to improve rather than tell you just to give up and never come back, thats just plain rude

12. AllThePrettyPonies

AllThePrettyPonies New Member

THIS! Was very odd, particularly on Saturday, to see four horses working all near flawlessly in aclassbut only three being placed, but then five in another class, with some getting wrong canter leads etc but all of them getting placed.

13. KPF

KPF Well-known Member

Is this handler from WA?

14. Midas

Midas Well-known Member

No over east :)

15. KPF

KPF Well-known Member

I think I know someone over East that uses him also then.;)

16. KPH

KPH Active Member

tell me about it! we got there friday night and there was already feed left in there before the stable had even been used ';'

17. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Thanks Midas.
    Absolutely, but also credit to Dawn & Kelly with Chip. Couldn't of found a better home for a top pony. :)

Midas is looking awesome as always & loved his new show halter. :)

18. Its Party Time

Its Party Time Well-known Member

May have to hire Anthony a bodyguard when he comes back in November :D

19. Midas

Midas Well-known Member

Most certainly is! & defiantly couldn't have found a better home! He is 1 super little pony! He beat some extremely nice competition!!!!

Thanks! I'm a bit biased but he just gets better & better as the months go on! Absolutly love him!:D

20. kelly

kelly Well-known Member

Wow what an awesome day we had with our 2 yesterday highfield ophellea got 1st in mare 4yrs n ova in such a strong field!! Then went onto win champ mare!! Am so ova the moon with my girl and a massive thanks to Anthony for showing her what an amazing job he done couldn't have been happier with how he showed her!! Then in the ridden we got 1st in ridden mare again against some lovely mares couldn't believe she pulled her workout of without a warm up which is a big deal for her. Then couldn't believe it but got res champ ridden absolutely blew me away she has really come along way this year am such a proud mum :)

We also took remaani lodge iced gold and gees did he do amazing 1st in his colt class we were ova the moon with this n couldn't believe it when he went on to win champ colt/stallion at just 10 months of age!! So overal a very successful day for us!!