Ron's Riding Ranch?????

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by angelTricia, Jul 5, 2009.

1. angelTricia

angelTricia Well-known Member

Does this place still exist if not are there any other horse hire places around that let you ride in un-guided groups?
    Trying to find out for some people about horse hire places and the only one I know of is Rons and I dont even know if its still around as I havent been there in years.

2. monomeeth

monomeeth Well-known Member

I don't know of any like that any more, and if you did find one, the horses who have been out on too many unguided rides are hooned so much they are nutjobs so it's not a lot of fun and can be very dangerous for beginners. Probably if you went to a place a lot and proved yourself trustworthy and a nice rider you'd be allowed out alone even if that wasn't the usual rule.

If you can ride and don't want to be held back by beginners, I'd be looking for a place with guided rides who does different level rides so you could have a good canter and whatever, but only in places the guide knows are safe. We went on a guided ride in Kalbarri that was a hoot. :)

Cheers,

Mono

3. simbin

simbin Gold Member

I think so. My daughters friend last went riding there last year I think.

4. angelTricia

ok thanks for your help guys hope they are still around as they are the closest place to were the people live

5. BellaSkip

BellaSkip Well-known Member

they are still open. well they were advertising in the local rag up that way (mum lives five mins from)

6. wawa85

wawa85 Guest

yep it still exists, rang them back in about March to get quotes for my OH and I to go for a trail ride (didn't end up going).

7. FjordFan

FjordFan New Member

I remember Ron's Riding Ranch, I went there over 10 years ago!

8. angelTricia

thanks everyone I will let the people know they are still around.

9. myponies

myponies Guest

Dangerous as, the guides if available are as green as the horses. And yes the horses are nut jobs. They know one direction and that is home flat out#(. Rode there 20 odd years ago. No insurance or responsibility accepted.

10. angelTricia

Ah I only been there once and that was about 7yrs ago went with my ex who has never ridden before then guide came out for a few meters than it was just us the horses were pretty good mine did what I asked it to do and well his was a bit stubborn but we had no dramas with the horses at all when I went but like I said was a few yrs ago.
    But the no insurance etc... I thought that most ridinf places are like that a ride at your own risk kinda thing.

11. steph_f

steph_f Well-known Member

i have been :)

myponies- really? i went and the horse that i rode was good!
    but i do no what you mean about once they go home they go! i convinced my dad to come and then once the horse sore home it picked up the pace a little! only in trot tho (dad hasn't done much riding..at all) he fell off and broke his ribs :(
    but otherwise the horses are good, well what i have seen!
    the people working there aren't much help! but you no how to ride and control a horse so you will be fine! (ride at your own risk)
    i would recomend it, it has some good trails! :)
    but yes warning, once you go down a hill the track towards home is close! :)*

12. katie66

katie66 New Member

nice trails to ride on but last time i went there bout 5 yrs ago the horses were all a little skinny and some had quite overgrown hooves.
    Didnt have any problems with the horses, and a couple times i had very beginner friends with me. One horse I rode was a bit stronger but they knew i had experience and he was fine just needed a bit more direction.

13. myponies

myponies Guest

Might have changed, as I said it's been a long time. Is Ron actually still around?

14. AprilJaydex

AprilJaydex New Member

Hi my name is April, and I work at Rons Riding Ranch, do you remember the horses name that you rode? Also, us girls work very hard, if it was in the summer you can't really blame us, were out there from 6:00 in the morning to
    2:00 in the afternoon in the heat with hardly any shade! Dealing with 500-1000kg+ horses.

15. AprilJaydex

AprilJaydex New Member

My names April and I work at Rons RR. That was a different manager 5 years ago, come back now and look at the difference in the health conditions of the horses. Do you remember the name of the horse you rode?

16. Oh rons riding ranch! i use to love riding there..
    Use to ride a standy called Gringo he was awesome LOL

17. SLS87

SLS87 New Member

I went there several months ago with a couple of friends and had a ball! The staff were friendly and horses were healthy :) Will have to go back soon!

18. feather feet

feather feet Well-known Member

1000+ kilo Tb or sb? Really? I own a Clydesdale colt that won't make that weight when fully grown

19. samm

samm Gold Member

This is a really old thread:}

20. Black Ice

Black Ice Well-known Member

hehehe... I didnt check the dates, but I thought I had read this somewhere before *#) :p