Rodeo or Commodore to tow? help!

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by BitBankAustralia, Aug 10, 2011.

1. BitBankAustralia

BitBankAustralia Well-known Member

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I really appreciate it. Not enjoying this car shopping at all- for anyone who knows me personally, you will know our old car was a nissan micra (killed by a meeting with a roo at Busso SJ one year) and a MX5! neither are good for towing....*#)

2. gelled02

gelled02 New Member

85 Rodeo Dual Cab
    2 ltr petrol
    new front tyres & brakes
    very reliable & economical
    removable builders racks
    tonneau cover
    reconditioned motor 20,000k old
    pioneer stereo
    have all the a/c parts, but needs installing

Safety certificate, and 5 months rego

$3200
    commodore

3. serendipity

serendipity Well-known Member

I love my 2007 commodore svz ute. Most of my.driving.is non towing to work through the city. And it is so comfprtable to cruise in. The few times i have towed with it, its hardly felt the weight and not used excessively more fuel (petrol) either. Course ive only towed large enclosed.furniture traiers full of stuff and cars on car trailers havent actually towed a float yet but weight wise its comparable.

4. SMW

SMW New Member

I tow my 84 model float that is fairly heavy with a 05 ba ute. It's just a standard model ford but pulls like a dream and float always sits level no matter how much weight is on it. I also have the same model in a sedan that is a xr6 which doesent like towing as the suspension isn't the set up and hasn't got the pick up like the ute.
    With gas vehicles they can have less power than petrol though depends on the car too. Also alot of country service station do not carry gas.
    Everyone has their favourites and opinions so do some research to see what will suit you**) and goodluck in your search

5. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

guys, this post is 18 months old and was only brought to the top by the spammer