Rod Bynder

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Reg81, Oct 15, 2008.

1. CABALLO

CABALLO New Member

OMG he was my old boss..

My condolences to his 2 daughters and the family.. I Learnt alot from Rod in my time working for him and always found him to be great and he always put his horse's first, the racing industry and the horse industry as a whole will not be the same with out him..

but I have to admit he will be so happy that he had his big win with Belle Bizarre before he went...

All my love to Roslyn and Alyshia...

Perth Racing - the Western Australian Turf Club : Ascot Tragedy

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  2. Tain

Tain Well-known Member

RIP Rod Bynder

Thread 2 and very deserving....

Again, Ascot is in shock I think... so out of the blue.

Heart felt condolences to all who had the pleasure of soaking up his friendly smile... and very much to his whole family, staff past and present and friends.

Will have a big impact on mornings at Ascot.:(

S

3. mav

mav Well-known Member

RIP Rod....

I only had the pleasure of meeting you a few times but loved your style....

Sympathy for your family and friends... You will be missed xxoo

4. Spider n Toby

Spider n Toby Gold Member

Wow, It was very quiet and sad in Ascot this arvo.

5. Reg81

Reg81 Active Member

I don't think he was that old, not nearly old enough for this to happen:( . Just so sudden, if there one consolation he died doing what he loved and on a horses back.
    Well all miss you Bynds, you were one in a million

6. QHfan

QHfan Well-known Member

I believe Rod was about 50 and what a nice guy he was too...:( Always happy to stop and say Hi... Deepest sympathies to both his girls and all his staff- it was quite a shock that for sure..:(:(:( RIP Rod..

7. QHfan

QHfan Well-known Member

As i said in thread 1, what a nice guy he was and always smiling, but what i forgot to say was- what a role model he was, raising his girls to be nice and succesful people!!!! Good on you Rod...:(:(:( RIP

8. croft

croft Well-known Member

R.I.P Rod you will be greatly missed. Condolences to Dotti, ken, the girls ,Sarah and the rest of his family and staff.

He died were he would have wanted, in the saddle and only 49.:(

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  9. SanTann

SanTann Well-known Member

Rip Rod Bynder :( :(

10. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

Have merged this thread and the one that was in Open Discussion.
    Condolences to Rod's family on his loss.

11. misskel

misskel Well-known Member

I still cant believe it happened.:(

12. Spider n Toby

Spider n Toby Gold Member

I know, neither can I :( . It's a very weird feeling in Ascot at the moment.

I forget about it for a bit then I remember what happend, and I feel all sad again.:(

I cannot comprehend how poor Sarah must be feeling - Also his other family members.

May he Rest In Peace.

13. Love my horses

Love my horses New Member

I was very saddened by this news when I found out this morning. I only met him a couple of times, and he always said hello and was cheerful whenever you saw him. R.I.P Rod, and my condolences to all who knew him. I agree the racing industry won't be the same without him.

14. hutchi

hutchi Well-known Member

How tragic :( RIP

15. smash

smash Well-known Member

RIP old friend,
    your will be sadly missed.

16. Clever Jev

Clever Jev New Member

That cheeky smile used to brighten eveyones morning down at the track, even on the wettest of winter days. He'll will be sadly missed.

Condolences to his family and the team

RIP Rod

17. fishiz3434

fishiz3434 Active Member

i cant believe it's happened, i had passed him only minutes before he went out and he was completely normal and asked how i was like normal, it's such a shock that it could happen to one of the nicest people i know. Nothing was ever too hard for him to help with :(

18. Jewels'

Jewels' Well-known Member

I met Rod a few times down at Ascot trackwork as he was responsible for getting our filly on track to being a racehorse. She had a reputation for bucking and Rod worked wonders with her. He always made time to chat to owners and talked of his horses with affection.

BTW, Honey (Luv Playing To Win) won last Sunday at Geraldton, Rod would of been thrilled:)

Such a sad loss, condolences to all Rod's family and friends.

Julie

19. Security Guard

Security Guard New Member

Still Can't Believe It!

I was impressed by Rod's willingness to help others before himself. And the fact that he was so polite every time I opened the access gate to the stables for him and his daughters. Even when he was having a not so good day he would still say thanks mate or cheers mate.

The sort of person that everyone liked as far as I could see. It was a pleasure to open the gate for you Rod and now it's his upstairs turn to open the gate for you this time fella. I'm sure there's a few wild horses somewhere up there for you to continue your pleasures of breaking in wild horses.

Cheers Beers Rod !

You Are A Great Fella !

Mark. :))

20. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Welcome security....what a wonderfully worded tribute and first post here.....welcome :) you summed up bynds perfectly in a truly heartfelt manner. Just came home - went out with a couple of the bynds team and we had a beer for Rod, and an Illusion, And and and.....Im sure Rod was grinning down today.